17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

the ones under cover in the south end zone are alcohol free.the north end zone is alcohol full.

starting monday which is Phase II is every seat is for sale.this is it.buckle down and get the cash ready oh boy

2. 17a_tailgater

the north side looks sunnier. north side is the right the left is the south end zone

3. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

What a BEAST! The old stadium fits in the new one. Now I see what you all meant about the 4th row in the upper deck of the new stadium being at the same height as the top of the new stadium.

That picture almost looks fake. I thought bigger = better went out of style a long time ago. Boooo....

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You might have better seat selection in the alcohol-free area because some people are going to want the option of having a beer. I used to drink my ass off during the games but I got sick and tired of driving home sick and tired and not seeing plays because I was at the urinal half the time.

Nowadays I'm older and with my two brand new grandkids and all, whether there's alcohol or not doesn't bother me. I'll have a couple of beers outside but about an hour before kickoff I switch to water so I can actually watch the game instead of seeing it with double vision. Besides, sitting in an alcohol-free zone sounds like it might be the way to go for me. Some of these drunks at the game are just too much to deal with sometimes... really obnoxious. Some people just can't handle alcohol.

I'm still opposed to paying a PSL for any section however. It's the thought of them having you by the balls. I'm telling you, you've never been ass-raped like we have in the Mezzanine. It's been pretty fucking brutal. 10% per year add-on for the past 10 years and over double what it was just 7-8 years ago. Woody is not going to have any mercy on people who stepped up to his PSLs (not that he'll have any mercy on the Uppers either, mind you).

5. 17a_tailgater

alcohol free is a PSL $4000 per seat. $120 a game tix

btw the old stadium fits inside without touching the upper deck. that is how far back it is.

does anyone have dimensions to compare? i wonder what the diameter is of that BEAST?

6. Section 227. Row 5

Good picture, 17a. This really shows it all.

You can clearly see why bigger is NOT better. Believe it or not, this monstrosity only holds several thousand seats more than the "old" stadium, but most of the seats are much further away from the action.

And yes, the north side (on the right) would be the sunny side. My current seats are on the shady side of the "old" stadium... if you look at the sky boxes, my seats are below the left edge at about the 10 YL or so (far left-hand corner), so I know that's in the shade.

It's an absolute disgrace though... all that money and still a "shared" stadium with no dome and just about the same capacity, yet the view is lousy compared to the "old" one.

I thought the purpose of a football stadium was to get a good view of the actual game. Guess I'm wrong. The actual purpose is obviously to make the game itslef secondary to the five-star "experience." I'd better readjust my thinking. How silly of me to assume peole actually want to get a good view of the field. The real purpose for going is to entertain your friends and clients and impress them with amenities. Who gives a shit about actually being able to see the game?

7. Section 227. Row 5

I'm actually sorry I studied the above picture now. It is really quite depressing to look at. My family had a lot of great times in that "old" stadium. Playoff games.. Wesley Walker's catch in the Monday Night Miracle took place right below my seats. We got to see all the action really well over the years... terrific sightlines. As has been said many times, "there's not a bad seat in the house."

Tear the fucking thing down already, Woody, I've got such a bad taste in my mouth I can't even get pumped for going to the games in 2009.

8. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Current Stadium - 78,741
    New Stadium - 82,500

Less than 4,000 new seats in a stadium taking up about 4 billion more square feet. They must be spreading things out to cater to tall and fat fans with boatloads of disposable income to dump on PSLs. God Bless America!

9. Section 227. Row 5

The more I'm looking at these Uppers the more I'm realizing this may not work. Those seats (even the front row Uppers) are WAY too far from the field - almost twice as far as my current seats. And the further up in the Uppers you get, the distance is about 2 1/2 to 3 times further away.

Seriously, most people are going to need binoculars on every play. It's almost like, WTF am I doing watching a game like this when I can be sitting in front of my 50" Sony HDTV?

10. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Also making the concourses wider, which is a good thing. The current stadium is a clusterfuck* trying to get into and out of through the concourse.

*Clusterfuck [KLUS-ter-FUK] n.: Too many drunk loud assholes pushing each other in every direction and getting absolutely nowhere.

11. 17a_tailgater

just got the email may 6th is my decision day.i will be receiving a call to purchase my 2010 season tickets and my new seats!!!!!!!!

12. Section 227. Row 5

This only occurs in my section at the end of the game and lasts about 22 seconds for us, as Section 227 is very near the SE escalator and brings us down to grade in about the same amount of time.

In other words, in less than a minute, I have left my seat and am now on the asphalt and walking toward my car, parked near the exit ramp to Rte 3 which gives me quick access out of the mayhem and onto the NJTP.

Consequently, I could care less about wider concourses. Wider concourses in the new stadium are not for the convenience of the ticketholders, believe me. They're strictly for easy access to their cockamamie five-star dining "experiences," something I and many others don't give two shits about.

13. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

In the old stadium I sat in the lower section 332 on Marino's final stand, as he was walking off the field after his final play I yelled "Danny go home" and he looked up.

2010 in space no one can hear you scream...

Cannot see how the new stadium will be any louder, I will go to a few games a year that's about it...memories of the way we were, could it be that it was all so inexpensive then?

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I don't know, man, we all don't sit by the corners. Trying to get around in there is a job before or after a game, or even at the half. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think we needed a new stadium, a corporate name and a level of green seats would have done the trick, but one good thing will be the ability to walk in and out of the place a lot easier. Especially if nobody can afford the tickets like the Yankee games.

15. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

well personally I always like bigger stadiums, as opposed to more intimate ones. I just think that the more fans you can get in the better. I know pricing is a whole other issue, but I just think its way better to spend a game with more fans rather than fewer

16. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I can see that, and I'm thinking it might be cool to have a gigantic stadium with 100,000 fans going nuts. I do worry with this one since it seems it's less than 4,000 extra fans being spread out into way more space. So maybe it's almost diluting the noise or whatever.

On the other hand, I'm sure people far smarter than me have thought this through (I guess some people must specialize in such things as stadium design, since we as a society have made quite a few over the last couple thousand years). So hopefully this one will work out.

Lastly, I do agree with the larger concourse point. It is very difficult to move around during half time, for instance. I usually get up for a piss, to check out the scene on the spirals, and to grab a final beer or two. It would be nice to have less concentrated foot traffic.

Thought I'd throw that in if only to prove that I'm not trying to be negative at all costs against this stadium, and I will admit the ridiculous pricing is probably clouding my ability to fairly judge this thing. Also, I guess we haven't actually seen the final product in action yet, so there's that minor detail, too :)

17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Not thrilled with the prospect of this new stadium, though I will say that the perspective of this photo makes it seem worse than it is. If the image was taken from the other side of Giants Stadium, both stadiums would appear to be the same size.

i will say, that when you drive past, it looks huge.

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

SO May 6th is the date for your 77 guys?

Were 86, the last time I talked to my rep he told me it could take until June for the phone call.

I asked him if I can send the money in now so he can just put me in the best option, and I was told now.

I'm not good with this amount of Money, if it stays available to me for much longer I could end up in Cancun getting the pig flu.

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I'm a 77 guy & my date is May 12

#439 championjets69, Apr 30, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2009
  20. Section 227. Row 5

Please let us know what happens and what seats you were able to get Champ. I'm hoping my 1985 date is good enough to get me into the Uppers, otherwise its Adios Amigos.

I think the calls are going to move along quickly. Most guys realize they have to make a decsion and pull the trigger because not doing so only gets you worse a position whichever way you decide to go.