17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Understood. Technically, I've been forking over $1200-1400 the last 12+ years from the waitlist (buying from a season ticket holder). But I understand what you're saying.

I actually may get Nets tickets instead of Jets tickets. I am still very confident $5k PSLs could be mine since the Giants went deep into their waitlist offering those (and they have the longer list....I know the deals are not exactly the same, but I'm betting I can have them if I want). But the more I think of this, and the more I stare down some huge expenses likely coming soon (house, wedding, etc), I am thinking I'll probably pass and just buy like an 80 inch TV. Maybe even build a home studio :)

2. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

I think it was Boomer who said "the Jets just sold 20,000 PSLs with that pick."

Good stuff.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I got that email too....

I just want this process to be over already. I want know that I'm getting the seat that I want so I can quit guessing and hoping.

Has anyone on here received a phone call yet??

4. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Hopefull the Jets/Giants see this news, and restructure their prices.

By Larry Siddons
    April 28 (Bloomberg) -- The New York Yankees are cutting
    the price of their most expensive seats by up to 50 percent and

offering refunds or credits to ticket holders.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

wow just finished on the phone with the ticket office. the uppers are just about sold out

6. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

I wouldn't expect anything less. Upper deck has zero to lose. If you don't like the view from your seat, you can hit the eject button at the end of 2010. Very interested to know how the PSL sales are going? Can't be good...

7. 17a_tailgater

im kidding trying to piss people off b/c i am ticked
    i apologize for my last post i am hot headed right now just got off the phone with the nyj ticket office. i have to pay my 2009 ticket invoice by friday and they want an additional $1000 now come the first week of may to hold my 2010 season tix. if i dont pay i get skipped over. and my partner has backed out on me with the seasons.

8. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

jesus christ man. that sucks obviously and im gonna have the same problem as you with payment but you scared the shit out of me. i even just called the ticket office to see what the deal was. haha.

anyway you haven't actually made you seat selection yet right? that doesn't start til may 1 correct?

9. 17a_tailgater

i asked how this call out goes with all the jan 1 1977 people. it starts lower level 50 yard line than mezz 50,upper 50.than back down lower 40's mezz 40's upper 40's.

and that only until all the jan 1977 people are taken care of than on by actual join date.

10. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

thanks very much for the pictures! does anyone know if it will be a natural grass stadium or turf?

11. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

that sux...sorry!! but i really don't think you'd have a hard time finding someone to take your partners spot, given that there is no PSL to tie anyone to a seat. hell, i'd give you a check tomorrow...

12. 17a_tailgater

a) no one in the northeast has real grass anymore.its field turf.revolutionary stuff.cost out of the fans pocket.

so invoice due friday for 2009 season tix
    monday starts phase 2 of the psl and upper deck.20% deposit immediately due for each PSL.or $500 per ticket for upper deck.if you dont have the cash you are skipped.you can call back when you have the cash.but seats will be sold until you can make payment.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

wow that is a real crock of shit. they just dropped this on everybody.

i know i saw it on here a week or so ago but if i am understanding they basically told you today that you had to have 500 per seat for NEXT year by next week, just after putting all the money together this week for the seats for next season.

they are really becoming scumbags about this. they are really trying to scare people into buying these fucking things. putting the pressure on and turning the screws.

i am sorry for everyone wanting to continue to be a jets ticket holder. its a shame what they are doing to you guys.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I don't get you guys. If you get non-psl seats what's there to be pissed about. Woody made those non-psl for long time fans so we could go to the games if we can not afford PSL's/ That's a fact, end of story. You just like to bitch. Give up your seats and let someone with a good attitude go.

15. 17a_tailgater

50% deposit sounds fair? with 1 week notice after 2009 invoice is due.
    why not 10% or even 20% if he is being greedy.

im alittle confused now on my decision. i may actualy lean towards a PSL now.i mean i am almost putting the deposit down and the tickets for the upper prime are exactly the same as the lower and mezz end zone.

its the surprise factor that has got me.its not like the $500 was planned.they are making shit up as they go along.

16. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

17a, have they actually contacted you yet (Phase II)? I'm using you and Champ as a guage for when I can expect to get my own call. I was about 30 days behind you on the first go-around. My start date is 1985.

17. 17a_tailgater

I Called Them 30 Minutes After The News Of The Yankees Ticket Slash. I Cursed My Guy Out 2 Minutes Into The Call. Then Called Him Back 25 Minutes After That. Next WEEK Starts The Process For Phase II

18. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It sounds like you're going to have to make a decision this weekend and be ready when he calls so you can pull the trigger. If not, he'll spend the rest of the day making other calls and it'll cost you seating position by the time you get back to him.

This is gonna get real interesting. Once the End Zone PSLs are available to everyone there may be some guys that opt for those seats, especially the ones under cover.

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

So far we have not been contacted but since we have UD seats already & using the process that 17A laid out I will be in the last group of the 77 group to be contacted

20. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Just curious if any of you have seen this pic of the new stadium. What a monstrosity this is going to be :mad:

[​IMG]