2010 1st Round Possible NY Jets Targets

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Apr 27, 2009.

1. The GM

The GM New Member

I like Okung a lot, but my favorite OT is Oklahoma's Trent Williams. He played RT for the Sooners but was considered by many as their best OL and he is more than athletic enough to take over LT for them this upcoming season. He is a road grader but has "excellent feet", and Stoops said he is even athletic enough to play DT in a pinch if they needed him to. He could take over RT, but if D'Brick ever got hurt he could move over to LT without too much difficulty.

#21 The GM, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  2. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

I'm starting to agree with those who say NE set themselves up to trade up in next year's draft. A suspiciously large number of NE's picks this year look like career backups. This will allow them to trade up next year and still have depth. If they trade up next year than then the two drafts combined will have both quality and depth.

The worst part is BB has installed his butt boys across some of the worst teams in the league, DEN, CLE and KC. So next year he will call them up and explain to them that what a team like theirs really needs is depth and large numbers of picks, blah blah blah. And he will talk one of these morons into trading picks with him. Taylor Mays in a Pats uniform? What happened to that plan of having Keller torture the Pats with catches up the middle? Now the Pats have Mayo, one of the best young cover LBs in the game, they have Chung, a monster hitter at safety. If they get Mays, a godzilla hitter at safety to throw into the mix the middle of the field will off limits to opponents.

3. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

atleast we know that if the jets like him the jets will get him, 3 straight trade ups through the last 3 years, Benn, Williams, and Bryant one of those guys should be the pick with a de to follow, maybe marvin austin hopefully.

4. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

NO BRANDON LAFEL sorry but seriously this man drops soooooooooooooooo much

5. 73klecko

73klecko Member

Man, this is great! Tell me if the young WRs from Georgia and Alabama are draft eligible next year. Green and Jones I think.

Also, there is a safety from Virginia Tech that was a stud.

6. The GM

The GM New Member

Nope, Green and Jones were both freshman last year and are not eligible for the 2010 Draft.

Kam Chancellor is the S you are talking about from VT, but he isn't even a Top 5 S for that draft. You've got guys like Eric Berry, Taylor Mays, Morgan Burnett, Major Wright, Earl Thomas, Deunta Williams, Myron Lewis, and Chad Jones. I even like small school guys Davonte Shannon (Buffalo) and Antonio Baker (Louisiana Tech) better than Chancellor.

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I just remember seeing Cullen Harper on these lists this time last year...

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...what an epic fail - one of the most over-hyped teams ever.

9. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

What's the deal with Juice Williams? Can he actually pass or will he be a receiver in the NFL. Hes probably not a Jet target, I was just wondering.

10. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I don't think he will be either. No doubt Juice is an exciting player. Isn't a typical NFL Pro-style passer, mechanics are sloppy. Gets happy feet when pressured even a little, needs to stay in the pocket longer. Needs to work on his downfield vision, doesn't look off primary receiver and forces too many throws. Throws too many interceptions. All time completion rate is just above 52%...although has improved to 57% + last year.

Lost his Offensive Coordinator, became head coach at New Mexico. May have a difficult last year at Illinois. A player that is fun to watch in the College game, but won't transition well to the pros.

11. ReservoirDog76

ReservoirDog76 New Member

I'm starting up the Rob Gronskowski at 32 overall bandwagon. Hop in everyone.

12. The GM

The GM New Member

I hope this is the case (selfishly) because if he has a down year, then Arrelious Benn will have a down year and maybe he'll slide low enough for us to either draft him or move up for him.

13. .::PriMeTiMe_KiD::.

its either benn or berry.

trust me.
    quote me when i say tannenbaum will be trading up again, to get either of them.
    Our CBs, LBs, QB, OL, and RBs are set.

Perhaps next year we draft an OT and OG, respectively.

We need a WR, and a young Safety with size, speed, and range. Eric Berry/Kerry Rhodes. Best Tandem in Decades...

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Every year there's a player who was a top 10 pick that drops the next year...I really really hope Mays is that guy

15. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

I really hope its mays he is special

16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Draft prospects I'm interested in:

Taylor Mays, FS, South California

Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama

Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU

Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss

Antonio Coleman, DE, Auburn

17. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

...if we trade up for anyone, i will be pissed.

18. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I would absolutely love Taylor Mays to be on the Jets... pair him with Rhodes, that's just scary

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

We can all hope that happens, but look at Heyward-Bey -- his entire career at Maryland was mediocre-at-best and he went in the top ten...stupid reach, but he was probably still a mid-to-late first rounder...because of speed and potential.

All Benn has to do, is produce just a little bit and then kill it at the combine and at his workouts. If he stays healthy, he's probably a top ten pick in 2010 because of size/speed ratio and potential.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

If we trade up and get Carlos Dunlap, I will be ecstatic. He's one of the best 3-4 end prospects of all time.

Eric Berry would also be a nice player to trade up for.