Undrafted Free Agents

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by J-Kay, Apr 26, 2009.

1. pender30

pender30 Member

Devlin must have seen something in the guy.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9454054/Bullock-tries-to-catch-on-in-NFL

2. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

The Broncos got Chris Baker. Fuck fuck, fuck, fuck fuck fuck, fuck. Fuck.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Zach Potter has all the ability to be a very good rotational 3-4 end for this team. Great pickup - probably one of the best UDFA signings in the whole league.

4. SnakeTom

SnakeTom New Member

Another basketball player had worked out with the Jets a week ago as a defensive back is Paul Gause of Seton Hall who had been a NJ All AState FB player in High School. Any word on whether the Jets are signing him to a FA contract.

Tom K

5. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

This thread is kind of hard to read and determine who we have signed. Can someone hook me up with a summary of what UDFA we have signed and who is still available that we might be interested in?

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I understand he plays in a dome but every other team in the WAC doesn't... you should know that being a Fresno State guy. Plus playing for Idaho he is going to be punting alot more than he would if he played for say Hawaii or Nevada.

7. ........

........ Trolls

Yep. It was a smart move for him, too. He's got a great chance to move right into the rotation at NT for a team transitioning to the 3-4.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I know...but the weather is a lot nicer in the west. I don't know if Conley can punt in bad and/or windy weather.

Like I said earlier in the thread, he has a boot, but never a lot of hang time -- which will kill teams in the NFL.

9. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

While I agree with you Mr. E. But we will find out about Conley in August, and we will see what he can do in NY Weather.

10. JetTerp

JetTerp Member

Zach Potter, DE, (Nebraska)

They had this kid as a possible third round pick!

Tall, long, strong base DE prospect. Big enough to play in the 3-4 and quick/ athletic enough to play in the 4-3. Good power at the point and can stack vs. the run and collapse the pocket vs. the pass. Excellent spin move and is good on stunts. Very active and aware, and bats a number of passes at the line. Uses his long arms well to keep blockers off of him, sheds well and makes many plays for a lineman. Should be an ideal DT in pass rush situations. Good lateral quickness and change of direction.

http://cdsdraft.com/profile.php?id=2487

11. JetTerp

JetTerp Member

We signed this guy last night too!

QB Chris Pizzoti (Harvard)
    http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...osition=recent

Chris Pizzotti signs on with the Jets
    By John Connolly
    Monday, April 27, 2009 - Added 6h ago

EmailE-mail PrintablePrintable Comments(0) Comments LargerSmallerText size ShareShare Rate(0) Rate

One local player whose name wasn?t heard in the NFL Draft - Harvard quarterback Chris Pizzotti - already found a suitor: The New York Jets [team stats].

?It was fun watching it on television. I actually got a call from the New York Jets early in the sixth round and they said they wanted to sign me if I didn?t get drafted,? said Pizzotti, who is represented by New York-based Alan Herman of Sportstars. ?So we had a deal pretty early. I talked to my agent and he thought it was a great situation to go in and compete for the third spot.

?I?m not really a nervous person. All you need is one team interested.?

Pizzotti, a 6-foot-5 Reading native, threw for a career-high 2,490 yards on 193-of-308 attempts with 17 touchdowns and only four interceptions as a senior. He expects to battle former University of Tennessee quarterback Eric Ainge (Danny Ainge?s nephew) for a roster spot. The Jets drafted USC?s Mark Sanchez with its top pick (No. 5) and also have ex-starter Kellen Clemens.

Pizzotti caught the interest of Jets assistant Matt Cavanagh during a pro day workout at Harvard. Another Jets assistant, John DeFilippo (son of BC athletic director Gene DeFilippo), worked out Pizzotti during a private session a week later at Boston College.

?They actually showed the most interest throughout the process,? said Pizzotti. ?I had a private workout with them a week after my pro day (at Harvard). Luckily, the workout went well with their quarterback coach. Both quarterback coaches were upbeat when we talked. It worked out great. It?s nice to have an oppportunity and now I have to get ready. The first mini-camp is on Friday at their facility in New Jersey.?

Undrafted UMass quarterback Liam Coen is also exploring free agent possibilties.

?I?m still waiting,? he said. ?A lot of quarterbacks didn?t get picked up, so a lot of people got pushed back. It?s one of those things. That?s what I?m hoping. We?ll see.?

#131 JetTerp, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
  12. JetTerp

JetTerp Member

Jets just signed OT Ryan McKee, University of Southern Mississippi

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scouti...Ryan-McKee.php

Ryan McKee
    Height: 6-63/8 | Weight: 296 | 40-Time: 5.03
    Ryan McKee | Southern Golden Eagles
    Official Bio

Stars
    Strengths:
    Ideal height with a big frame...Athletic...Fast, quick and agile...Nimble feet...Nice balance...Understands positioning...Mobile with excellent range...Smart...Great awareness...Good motor...Tough...Experienced.

Weaknesses:
    Needs to add weight and bulk up...Is not very strong...Not stout at the point of attack...Doesn't get a great push in the run game...Needs to be more physical and aggressive..Struggles to recover when beat..Health.

Notes:
    Didn't allow a single sack his senior season in high school...Saw limited action in a backup capacity as a true freshman...Won the right tackle job in 2006 and started all 14 games...Did not allow a sack in 13 starts as a junior...Started 13 games in 2008 even though he was playing with a torn labrum, which ultimately required surgery...Was twice named 2nd Team All-Conference USA by the coaches...Definitely has some tools to work with ... Qualifies as an intriguing developmental project.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Exactly - I'm not writing him off just yet, because I've seen him kill the ball out west...but he has to prove he can do it with high winds and in the rain.

14. JetTerp

JetTerp Member

Some more on our UDFA Signing:

Matt Kroul , DT Iowa 6-4 1/2 278

Strengths: Is a strong wrap-up tackler who punishes ballcarriers. Wants to be in on every play. Is a hard-nosed player who shows intelligence and toughness.

Weaknesses: Has short arms. Lacks strength and size to hold up inside in the NFL. Lacks pass rush moves to be top-flight inside rusher. Is not a great fit for NFL defensive schemes.

Bottom Line: Kroul is an undersized defensive tackle who relies on his intelligence and hustle. Although he's limited at the next level, he'll make it tough for a team to cut him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...acy-work-ethic

Defensive tackles Matt Kroul and Mitch King anchored Iowa football with consistency and stellar play.

Kroul started a school record 50 consecutive games for Iowa. King started 45 games, including the last 30. But with those two players, quantity hardly tells the story. King was named the Big Ten’s defensive lineman of the year and was a second-team All-American. Kroul was named second-team all-Big Ten.

The accolades King and Kroul achieved drift off the page in media guides, but live in the past for Iowa Coach Kirk Ferentz. Neither King nor Kroul will ever legally tackle another running back, or sack another quarterback in an Iowa uniform. Their absence has left a void in their defense, but one Ferentz believes has some prospects.

“To replace that kind of production and quality, it’s not that easy,” Ferentz said. “So we’ve got a lot of work to do. And clearly, the guys we’ve got coming back, they’re going to have to elevate their play.”

15. firemanedjr

Looks like we're making an effort to bring in some DEs and TEs. But where's the NT, WR, or DB?

16. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

This is definately my favorite pick up so far. Nebraska is the shit at turning out beastly DEs.

17. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

any news on cb mark parson??

18. JetTerp

JetTerp Member

Yeah I love the Potter pick up too. I am concerned that we have not brought in a WR prospects. Rome was not built in a day, so i am not going to freak out. Also, if a couple of these UDFA's can turn into something that would be certainly help our depth. Maybe Marcus Henry can turn into something? Who the heck knows.

Fitz

19. JetTerp

JetTerp Member

Mark Parson

SchoolOhio
    Height5 ' 9.0 "
    Weight186 lbs.
    Speed4.58 ( Pro Day )
    Birth Date 11/30/1989
    Jersey #24
    Current PositionCB
    Projected PositionCB
    CDS Projected 2009 NFL Draft Round: Undrafted

Overview
    Did not look good at the lone all-star game he was invited to after a solid career for the Bobcats.

Ran 4.59 and 4.57 at the Ohio Pro Day with a 38" vertical, a 9'11" broad jump, a 4.05 short shuttle, a 6.89 3-cone drill and managed 12 reps on the bench.
    Strengths
    Technically sound. Productive in college. Will battle for the ball. Solid tackler.
    Weaknesses
    Lacks size and speed. Not a good combination...
    Projection
    Priority UDFA.

20. firemanedjr

How many times will people say this.

We weren't 5-11 last year. We were a few pieces away from making a SuperBowl Run. Instead of picking up those pieces, we've chosen to re-rebuild. We have a worrying mix of inexperience and aging veterans, and frankly, this year will be a major step back.