Am I the only one who thinks this has been a TERRIBLE draft....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Apr 26, 2009.

1. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

+1 my friend

I'm the first one to flip on my darksider switch, but I am elated with what this franchise did. They grew some balls and made a move for what could be a franchise QB leading us for years to come.

We got Sanchez. Clemens is done. We didn't draft a WR.

GET

OVER

IT

2. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

At least someone gets it.
    Why is this whole thing so hard to understand?

This draft, talent wise, was awful.

3. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

why not? he is a good receiver... and he would fit right in terrell owens in buffalo... randy moss in NE... Plaxico in NY sounds good

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by MrElectric29
    Fucking listen - the Jets weren't going to fill all of their holes in this draft. This is a horrible draft - very weak. Our FO got two players that will be focal points on our offense for the next decade, then they drafted depth on the offensive line.

The chances of finding a starting receiver in the 6th round is awful - the fact that you actually thought we could find on in the 6th or 7th round is hysterical.

It's not like the Saints did it or anything.

5. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Every single year somebody complains that this is a weak draft this year and every year STARS and thas more then one and in every round emerges so that kinda makes the statement obsurd...

6. RedWhiteBlue&Green

RedWhiteBlue&Green Active Member

This would be a great move! There aren't many free agent options out there. I hope this happens.

7. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Great post. I am pretty happy with this draft after living through so many awful Jet drafts in the past.

8. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

We don't have any "sure fire" starters...Sure Sanchez will be the starter at some point, but I wouldn't say he is a lock to start the season...And even if TJ holds out, Leon will be the starting RB...If you know something about that guard (aside from his size) please share...A starter for a decade? A bit much there...No?

And I'd say that the first round is a bigger crapshoot than rounds 3-7...We only need to look at last year, and how Gladis has been a huge contributor...

I like our draft, but there is such a thing as having glasses that are too rosey...

9. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

OMFG!!

Let's call the WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULENCE

For all intents and purposes, we quite possibly got the BEST player available in the entire draft for a bag of balls, some camp fodder, and a 2nd rd pick.

If Sanchez stayed for another year, he would be the #1 player taken in next years draft.

QB's make receivers better. Please see Colston in NO, Jackson in SD, and Marshall in Denver (with Cutler)

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

We should make a list and compare, the list of 6th and 7th round receivers that have had multiple 1000 yd seasons against 6th and 7th round receivers that didn't.

11. James Hasty

Now that Marshall and Cutler are spilt up we will see who made who.

12. James Hasty

There is a very good chance that none of our draft picks will start i our first game of the season.

13. tzaf1975

tzaf1975 New Member

i dont understand whats the big deal is with the recivers corps.
    true they are not the best in the league but they are a decent bunch who can catch and you can win with them.

can someone please tell me who was the Titans recivers last year? guess what , they did preaty well, and our running game is just as strong as there and maybe even the defense will be on par after our new coach take care of it.

also how about the recivers the Bears had when they reached the SB? nothing spectaculer
    how about the recivers the Ravens had in the last few years?

not every team need big time wide recivers to be good , and not every team has Moss or TO on the sidelines and guess what , many many teams are doing well...

14. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

The year isn't doom and gloom. But we are all just wishing and praying on something that looks good on paper.

Sanchez could be the second coming of Peyton Manning, but he could also be Ryan Leaf. If we insisted on taking a QB in round 1, then Freeman was available at 17 and we could have had Freeman, Clemens, AND Ratliff competing. PLUS a second round pick to get a weapon for the QB. But if the staff believes Sanchez is the real deal then we could finally have the face of the franchise (although I always thought we had that face in Chad)

BUT moving up twice and losing picks, when NE and Miami are stockpiling picks (weapons of our destruction) does not fill me with glee. NE had FOUR second round picks.

We might have been bold. But this whole draft could bite us in the ass just as equally as making us super-bowl contenders.

It's done. I'm over it. And we still need a WR.

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I'm sorry, but thep people knocking the Sanchez pick are clueless. We have no idea what Clemens or Ratliff would be able to do. We don't know what Sanchez will be able to do. Out of those three unproven guys, who would you expect will perform the best and who has the most potential?

And I swear to god, if I hear one more person complain, asking, "But who's Sanchez gonna throw to? Horrible pick." Sanchez is going to be our QB for the next decade; I guess we won't find a stud WR during that time....

16. James Hasty

Don't jinx us like that, we don't really want to be exactly like the Ravens.

17. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Certainly not in the loaded 2010 draft.

18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I dont think the draft was "terrible" I just think it was wrong.

I also think this draft explains a lot about the last three seasons.

We brought Mangini in to build a NE type team. He failed to do that and now it seems one of the main reasons was because we didn't draft the way NE does. His first draft for the Browns is the perfect NE draft philosophy. They have begun building the right way in Clev.

Our first draft with Ryan and we are slinging the dice on expensive draft hyped players. I think Tanny has been a fly in the ointment all along and we never noticed before. Thats what this draft tells me.

#98 ouchy, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  19. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Yes. Well maybe there are a few more of you...

Not everyone will be happy with drafts but, i think the majority of the fan base is happy. we got ourselves a potential franchise qb for next to nothing, and it amazes me people are still miserable. I guess some people need to be in darkside mode 24/7

To make this thread more interesting, why dont YOU tell us whom you would have picked and so on, so we the forum can critique your selections.

It's easy to bitch, moan, and criticize, but it sucks to be on the other side of it...

20. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Greene and Slauson were hyped?