Am I the only one who thinks this has been a TERRIBLE draft....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Apr 26, 2009.

1. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

i thought they were trying to get rid of him cuz of his mishaps

2. cxhannan

cxhannan New Member

What WR in the 6th round could make a difference??? Green was at the top of out board by a lot and we went up and got him. We have plenty of 3rd reviever type guys, and you are ignorant if you dont think the Jets will go out and get Sanchez a verteran reciever. The Slausen guy is a big mean run blocking guard doesn't that sound like something this team prides itself on? Fans that complain about this pick must play a lot of Madden and think that equals football smarts.

3. cxhannan

cxhannan New Member

Also their is always guys cut after June 1st that we could sign and plug into our system. Everyone take a chill pill our coaches know what they are doing.

4. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

from an addressing team needs perspective?

First, they trade up to draft a QB with ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE to be our franchise QB. I have no issue with the price the Jets paid to trade up to #5, but to put our future in the hands of someone with that little experience is preposterous. People seem to forget that Matt Cassell is the exception and not the norm. This is a tremendous risk, and that pick could have been used in a more guaranteed way to address another team need.

Then, and someone REALLY needs to explain this one to me, they trade up again to select a Running back, when they have the leading rusher in the AFC on their team?!?! WTF?!? And I don't want to hear that its because Jones wants more money. Who the fuck in the NFL doesn't want more money? Besides, Jones is in the position to make the demand because right now, he may be the best player on the entire team.

Finally, with the 6th rounder, they select an Offensive Lineman. This is a team right now with One WR and no DE. Someone explain to me how this draft addressed the needs of this team???

5. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

We have Cotch and Stuckey.. we're just missing a #1.

6. alngtheway

alngtheway Member

no DE? i'd argue we lack depth for sure on the DL, but Douglas or Devito can replace Coleman, so i think it's a bit of a stretch to say we have no DE.

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

No a lot of people agree with you.

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I am sure that the players we got will help our team but we really missed out on a lot of opportunities we had to make our team much much better. Not a good draft for us.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

There will be another WR..after all we got Favre in August.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Can I make a suggestion? Step into traffic

(This was a weak fucking draft - you obviously can't realize this.)

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The same thing was said the year we traded up to get Revis and Harris. We had few picks, but they turned out to be quality one's with potential team cornerstones. The same idea was applied here.

12. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

that would be a great move

13. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

Doom & Gloom on 4/26/09?

I've been a Jets fan for 30 years now, and I can't believe how much pissing and moaning there is over getting a potential franchise QB while giving up nothing...I could see if I was reading stuff like "we have major holes and I'm pissed we didn't get Crabtree"...But reading stuff about how the Jets are screwing Kellen over, and that the Jets are suckers for drafting a player that is one of the few chances an organization gets...

I don't understand the devotion some folks here have to KC...While I was glad we drafted him, I don't know why people are so against getting Sanchez. Let's say that KC is the starter in 09, and Sanchez is the #2....We still upgraded the QB position. We replaced Ratliff with Mark Sanchez...

If there was a reason to be somewhat annoyed with the draft, it would be that we coughed up most of day 2 for a RB. Granted, the guy won the Doak Walker award, but with the need at WR/DE/S this was more of a gamble than getting Sanchez.

I see people posting stuff like the Jets took Kyle Brady again. I'll be the first one to admit I always wait for the other shoe to drop when it comes to the Jets but today isn't about doom and gloom...Rich Kotite isn't coaching...

Our D got a nice upgrade adding depth and skill to the LB/CB with Lito and Scott. Elam was a nice backup, but our secondary isn't in dire straits because he isn't here...Coleman was overpaid, bigtime, and that was due to Parcells selling him to Tanny/Mangini after he left Dallas. Ok against the rush, not a factor at all in Pass Rushing...And we traded our 3/4th string QB from last year...Wow, they really tore the core out of the team to get this done....Huh?

I'm also inclined to really give Sanchez the benefit of the doubt, if for no other reason than it seems like he really wanted to come here...He wants to be a Jet...Didn't it pump anyone up when you saw him on the phone surrounded by his family and pump his fist and yank that Jets hat out and slap it on?

How about, just for a little while, we enjoy the fact that the Jets are at the very least trying toupgrade the team and win...:up:

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Go play some Madden

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

If you don't want to hear they drafted another RB because Jones wants money then accept the fact they did because he is old.

16. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

17. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

All you have to look at is Curtis Martin in terms of why we took Greene, he went from nearly 1700 yards to less than 800 which ended his career, Jones just turned 31 which basically signals a huge warning signal. Also Green is a completely different runner from Jones. Also how do you expect to run a power running game without a power running back? That pick makes sense on all kinds of levels.

18. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

true i just think we needed a redzone player if thas all he is good for 6' 4" versus 5'9".. we should have learned from the Giants all they did was rely on Plax in the superbowl year in the redzone

19. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

a little to grown for madden but thanks anyway

20. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Jones is no where near the best player on the team. Revis, Jenkins, Mangold, Scott, Washington, just to name a few are players I would put ahead of him.

As for needs, I doubt very much Jones will be here after next year and Greene is a power runner that can replace him. And since they are going to be a run first team, having 3 RBs and a guy that can punch it into the endzone is a good idea.

As for Sanchez, we have to wait and see. Many people saw the QB position as our biggest need - not me particularly but there was a valid argument to be made. We have no idea if Sanchez will produce. But considering how little we gave up, I have no problem with it.

#40 dabrowsk1, Apr 26, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2009