TGG Draft Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Steve032, Apr 25, 2009.

1. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Um, he's a guy from WILLIAM AND MARY who wasn't on Scott Wright's positional listings, NFL.com had nothing on him, and googling him got like 6 hits. Enlighten me on the guy, MRE, if you know who this random fuck is.

2. Hawkeye Greene

Hawkeye Greene New Member

Shonn Greene is a very powerful runner who runs with great pad-level, vision, and balance. He lacks ideal burst and has poor hands. He is a great pick for a team devoted to running the ball. And don't be mislead by his combine numbers. At his pro day he improved his 40 time from 4.65 to 4.59, his reps from 19 to 23, his vert. from 37" to 39" and his broad jump from 10'1" to 10'6". He spent a year away from football prior to this last season and is still getting his speed back. Prior to the year off he had legit sub-4.5 speed.

3. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Well then learn the game cause you sound ridiculous.

4. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

i mean the way jones is acting he is gonna shoot himself in the foot... its not wether i like him or not but if he keeps the same path he is gonna be off the team anyhow so why not get in there and get more picks for him now while his value is high and he is the afc rushing champ... he will never have more value then now... we need a WR badly

5. Bvon

Bvon New Member

Hate to have to tackle him!!

6. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

He's about the same speed as Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, Marcus Allen who all ended up OK. Compares favoarably with LenDale White, who is doing fine as a power back for Tenessee. Not a fast 40-time but what's his football speed? As for strength, his scounting report references excellent lower body strength and power, which is what a running back needs, and his vertical leap and broad jump reflect that. 19 reps at 225 on bench press is average, but more importantly not that important for a running back. My concern is with the lack # of picks and depth we've got; not with Shonn Greene's measurables. As many have listed, WR,TE, DE, DT and Oline are all thin.

7. ........

........ Trolls

:rofl: When's the last time you watched football, 2007?

I'll give you Peterson and Taylor and MAYBE White and Johnson. I won't give you the Giants anymore, given the fact that Ward is gonzo. I won't give you old man LDT, and I sure as hell won't give you a tandem that didn't even exist LAST season.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I wish Kerry Rhodes would take you home already.

9. firemanedjr

Learn the game? What fucking game? The game where I constantly see the Jets fail at drafting, and our division opponents get steals? Where the Dolphins have made awesome picks, the Patriots still have a dozen coming up, and started to stockpile for next year? Don't put all your eggs in one basket, that's what I've learned.

10. #28Martin

The Jets aren't shy going for the players they want, giving up five picks and three veterans for two rookies in Mark Sanchez and Greene. It's expensive, but we love the fit. Greene, at 235 pounds, is a classic bruiser who will pound teams in the red zone. But he can also block and catch passes, making him a major dynasty sleeper. This crushes Thomas Jones' 2009 value because they will likely split carries and Jones will lose touchdowns, assuming Jones is even back with the team. Greene will probably take over in 2010. Apr. 26 - 10:19 am et

Per Rotoworld

11. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

So we don't have any picks left?

12. firemanedjr

I'm coming up with these off the top of my head, not poring over statistics and rosters. I made a slip up, clearly, but you've made worse.

13. Bvon

Bvon New Member

His screen name is really creepy....is he looking for some butt loving or something?

14. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Bet he knows.

15. firemanedjr

The only way this makes sense is if we trade TJ. What could we get?

16. #28Martin

You're wrong. Sanchez and Greene are both really really good players. You sound ridiculous.

17. Bvon

Bvon New Member

A 6th rounder.

18. firemanedjr

19. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

I love the draft , if you hate the picks its a bad draft and then you covet what our opposition pick.... only in jet land!

20. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

if he turns out to be 3/4 of what those guys were its was worth it haha... those are some big names... and we do need more picks for glaring needs...