We should have stayed put

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by al_toon_88, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

We can never be happy. Let's be honest, the 3 guys we gave up are nobodys.
    Ratliff, while i really loved this guys potential, is unproven.

So essentially, we got a guy who a lot of "experts" thought could possibly be the #1 pick overall, and be a better pro then Stafford.
    I can't complain. YET.

2. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

You suck it u and deal wtb it lime we are doing with Casper gholston. And who cares anway, it ain't your money

3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If there wasn't a salery cap then nobody would care how big his contract is. But there IS a salery cap. His contract numbers will have a direct effect on the teams future.

4. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Because the trade was a steal for us...and only the most pathetic of darksiders who get more pleasure from misfortune could deny that.

5. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

you can argue about whether or not sanchez is a 'franchise qb'...but if he is, what the jets gave up was chicken feed. it's all on sanchez now, and he seems to have the skills. at least the jets aren't banking on a 'reach' or a 'project' or an 'old' qb. seems like a great gamble. and the draft is always a gamble to some extent. thumbs up!

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

If you allow stats to dictate failure then there is an issue.

Do we not forget that KC had quite possible the worst line in the NFL that year?
    Do you totally disregard that before calling someone a failure because it is a team sport.
    Totally agree on the PSL's but I wouldn't really say that everyone here is an idiot.....

#46 Royal Tee, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  7. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

The clown you quoted has been on the same tirade for the past month. Every time the O-line is mentioned he turns tail and puts his foot in his mouth.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

And what happens to the Jets organization if he's the next Joe Montana?

You'll never experience greatness unless you put something at risk. The Jets took a shot today and I'm glad. Screw the 8th pick, they were able to move to the 5th pick and take him, and without having given away all our major picks this year (and none next year). The players Cleveland acquired are fringe players. Eric Ainge was clearly behind Clemens as camp started, and this evaluation came from many sources. Totally expendable. Abram Elam was a good player... that's it. You can have Kenyon Coleman... this was all Mangini.

Basically a 2nd Round pick. We had to give it a shot. Time will tell.

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Oh, He's one of those?

10. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Your last post to he and Don might as well have been internetzt to China for all the good it will do.

11. promos

promos Member

so here are previous 1st round Qb drafted by jets Joe Namath, Richard Todd, Ken O'Brien, Chad Pennington, and now Mark Sanchez...if history is to follow suit I think we will all end up being very happy..

12. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

The loss was Crabtree, Monroe, etc. Once we got the # 5 pick we screwed up badly. We lost our first AND second round pick if Sanchez doesn't pan out.

13. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

They made the move with that knowledge, but clearly feel that Sanchez can be a franchise guy.....and it they are right, it's worth it.

There's no guarantee that staying put and taking Maclin would have benefited the team down the road any more than picking Sanchez will. Plus, we dumped some contracts with the trade...

14. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

actually, if i were keeping a tally of how often i was right compared to the jets, i'd be making a lot more money right now than i am.

whoever makes the decisions for the jets doesn't even deserve a job at burger king, and thus, your point is completely nonsensical.

15. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

The Jets have had 100% success with every trade up in Tannenbaum's regime. Revis, Harris, and Keller have proven to be huge contributors and the base of our team. I don't see any analyst that thinks that Sanchez will bust. I trust the analysts, and I believe in Tannenbaum. Sanchez will be big for NYJ.

16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Why don't you understand the trade up for Sanchez? God damn some people are so clueless...this is a weak draft class. Sanchez the best player for the Jets in this draft. You have to go for the best player available - the Jets got that in Sanchez. We kept all of our picks for 2010...smart fuckin' move.

Jesus, you are one of the most annoying posters I've seen on here in a while. I would honestly rather read a post by RaiderJeaux than by you...

Brett Ratliff - never played a game in the NFL...solid versus practice squad players.

Abram Elam - backup safety

Kenyon Coleman - rotational 3-4 defensive end

17. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Mike... that wasn't directed at you, but we can travel that road if you like... we've agreed and disagreed on many a thing on the board in our time here...

It wasn't nonsensical when you follow the conversation...

18. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

If that were the case you'd really be traveling that road, instead of posting here:rofl:

#58 Mehl-56, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Last year, half the people on this board were saying Ryan would be a bust...... how'd that work out.

You never know. I will say this; at this point I'm ALOT happier about the Sanchez selection than I was about Gholston last year.

:shit:

20. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

ha i know, i followed it...i was just making a point that the jets generally suck at the draft. they came through in the past couple of years, but i think we're right back to the old times here.

i wasn't attacking you or anything there, just saying that i don't think you can say because the jets decided it, we must take it as gospel.

and i was thinking about it, i'm a little young to be making what they make, but how much do you think scouts make?? sounds like a sweet job, but i was talking to people today and decided that i think i actually make more than them, which is disappointing b/c it sounds much more interesting than my line of work