Jewish fans jolt Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Apr 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merkava

Merkava New Member

No one is going to be fucked over if the games are adjusted slightly so what's the big deal? Also, don't act like this is a consistent problem. When was the last time you remember hearing about this? It was a mistake by the front office and the Jets (the organization) are trying to fix it.

2. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

If religion is that much more important to you, then deal with it. If I was religious like my aunt is, for example, I wouldn't have time to watch football on Christmas when there are games. I'd spend all day in services and church and other shit. But I'm not. It's an issue of priorities. If you take religion seriously to that extent, then missing football shouldn't be important because you're sacrificing something you love (football) for your own greater good (religion).

3. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Schindlers List 2 - The schedule

4. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Anti semitism?Is that what it's called when someone just disagrees with a request from Jews now?

5. Merkava

Merkava New Member

And what would you be sacrificing if the games were moved slightly? NOTHING. So get over yourself, you're not that busy.

6. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

No, I'm not, because I don't give two shits about any religion at all.

What if I went to church every Sunday morning and didn't get out until 2 or so? Should I complain to the NFL when they consistently schedule the Jets for 1 PM starts?

(Hint: the answer begins with an "n" and ends with an "o".)

7. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Point proven

8. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

Well, I find it interesting that the Giants don't have that problem, and moreover, no one seems to mind. Again, a higher percentage of Jews will be disinclined to watch football on these holidays than Christians on Christmas. It's not the same thing; there's no reasonable comparison.

This on the NFL. It's not a big deal because it's 2 games out of our lives, but it's on the NFL. If you do it for the Giants, you do it for the Jets. Period.

9. Royce Parker

Royce Parker Well-Known Member

Wow this is an awful thread - a perfect example of why the world is as fucked as it is right now. You people need to get off each other's jocks and keep your spiritual lives to yourselves. Totally inappropriate on a football board.

All hail Satan baby...

10. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Another poster pointed out that they heard on the radio that the Jets actually forgot to request it, so it's really not on the NFL but on the Jets for having a brainfart. Whether or not that is true, I don't know, but it sounds feasible.

11. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Also, I don't see where the NFL and/or Jets said they refuse to work around this. I wouldn't be surprised if they're working on some solution as we speak.

12. Penning10toColes

That's what this is called:
    That's a sentiment often repeated in this thread...That was the first one I thought of though, and probably the most explicit.

#152 Penning10toColes, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  13. Penning10toColes

I think if you can't do anything about the first game, I understand. But Yom Kippur doesn't start until sundown, so changing it from a 4:15 start to a 1:00 start is a pretty easy fix.

For the first game though, I wonder how feasible it is to switch the NE games...they take our home game, we take theirs. That would be ideal, but I have no idea what the implications of that are, I'm just throwing it out there.

14. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I know a friend of mine who lives in FL who wanted to go the Dolphins/Jets game on Christmas Day in 2006, but couldn't. Had a huge family coming out of town and everything. So he did what came natural to him. He gave his tickets away to his Jewish friend who was a Jets fan. He was really disappointed but said there wasn't much he could do.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, would it be too much to either sell those tickets ahead of time? or...give them away to non-Jewish friends you guys consider close?

15. Penning10toColes

I don't have as much of a problem with the schedule so much as I do with some people's reaction to it. You make a good point, it's just that if that's the case, why not do that for the Giants? The NFL listened to them (or the Giants made the request, or whatever).

16. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

well... that was the Christian thing to do

17. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

sell those particular game tickets, at face value, people will be lining up to buy them.

/thread

18. Merkava

Merkava New Member

If it comes down to it, yes, i'm sure that's what jets fans will do. But if the Jets can resched so that everyone can be happy, isn't that the better option? I love my fellow jets fans and I hope everyone who wants to go to the game can go. There's nothing wrong with that.

19. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

because it was a simple MISTAKE. if anything blame mike tannenbaum for not being on top of this. if this is the worst thing that happens to you every 7 years so be it. its life u dont always get it to fall your way.

20. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Well, see now what you'd be doing there tho, is taking a problem that the Jets had with their fan base and now forcing it upon another team (business organization). Now you're asking for 2 teams to bend over backwards. If your beef is with the Jets that's fine, but outside of sharing a stadium with the Giants, they're not entitled to make anything easier on Jewish Jets fan. Far as they know, they've secured their fans and that's all that should matter to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.