2009 Schedule : to be released the week of April 13 ? ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kelly, Apr 8, 2009.

1. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I thought about thisand I like the idea of playing them early when there might be a few cob-webs in play with the QB. But, this is Brady we are talking about. If he throws 2 picks his first game and fumbles once then it will be great to have them at home early.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Ever hear the saying to be the best you have to beat the best?

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's not ball busting just correcting a mistake. Some people think we were the '69 Champs when we were actually '68 Champs.

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

last years broncos game will be a walk in the park compared to this years bengals game.about 2800 fans sitting in the cold watching 2 non playoff teams.

i seem to be turning to the dark side.

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Will likely be the last game for me and my grill. Shades of the 2007 finale vs KC, maybe Clemens can miss a bunch of open receivers again.

6. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Yes, but what does that have to do with the Patriots?

Seems like we should be focusing on beating the Dolphins and then the Steelers in the unlikely event the Jets make the playoffs?

7. kelly

kelly Banned

NFL postseason schedule
    April 14, 2009

Saturday, Jan. 9, 2010 ? AFC and NFC wild-card playoffs (NBC)

Sunday, Jan. 10 ? AFC and NFC wild-card playoffs (CBS and Fox)

Saturday, Jan. 16 ? AFC and NFC divisional playoffs (CBS and Fox)

Sunday, Jan. 17 ? AFC and NFC divisional playoffs (CBS and Fox)

Sunday, Jan. 24 ? AFC and NFC championship games (CBS and Fox)

Sunday, Jan. 31 ? AFC-NFC Pro Bowl at Dolphin Stadium, Miami Gardens, Fla. (ESPN)

Sunday, Feb. 7 ? Super Bowl XLIV at Dolphin Stadium, Miami Gardens, Fla. (CBS)

> http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Features/NFL+Features/2009/skedpost.htm

~ ~ hopefully we'll be one of the teams that makes the playoffs . . :beer:

8. Italian Seafood

Miami Gardens? Why have I never heard it called that before?

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I've been thinking about that. If it winds up being a meaningless game, what a way for me to end 25 years of going to that parking lot and grilling. I can just imagine the crowd in the parking lot. I'll bet some people are actually going to be in tears. So, I can't think negatively. I just can't. My only option is to think positively.

Okay, here it is: We're 10-5 going into that game and if we win, we go to the playoffs. That's the way I've got to think about that game, otherwise it's going to make me even more pissed off at Woody for evicting all of us the way he is. We finish 11-5 and are the AFC Champs. It's got to happen... we've got to win this year. I don't want to walk away from that old stadium a loser.

10. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Actually, this point jumped out at me more than the opening up with NE or closing out the stadium forever with the Bengals. It's annoying.

11. Italian Seafood

I'm sure we'll be back in the new place, same tailgate locations, just not in our own seats as season ticket holders. You think good seats won't be available for a similar game at the end of 2010 without laying out ten grand? I do.

Do you remember the last game at Shea? That was a disaster, the Steelers killed us something llike 34-14, dropped us to 7-7 and officially eliminated us the year after we were in the AFC championship game. It was a near riot, people were tearing up the seats and end zone benches they had there. It was also Terry Bradshaw's last game. I wasn't there, I got my license in 1984, the same year the Jets moved over here to NJ.

12. Italian Seafood

Once again, it's just luck of the draw, nobody planned it. We should make a point to fare better in our division than Oakland does in theirs if we don't want to play them anymore.

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

That was a Saturday game, I remember it. I went to my first game as a kid earlier that year.

2 of our last 3 games against Oak we played them at home.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

For whatever reason, many posters at TGG forget about the Oakland at New York Jets games of 2005 and 2006. These same people tend to have a "woe is me" attitude and fully believe that the league is out to get the Jets.

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

There is a formula. The league is not out to get the Jets.

Many years ago, the Jets knew that they would be playing one AFC West team on the road in 2009. Because the Jets and Raiders both finished in 3rd place in their respective divisions, the Raiders are that opponent.

16. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Woe is me!

17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Funny story - I'm ashamed to admit that I was one who may have dislodged the seat-back and took it home after that game. (c'mon it was 25 years ago) Anyway, cut to this January when the Jets made a mistake with our seniority year, and according to them, we needed to show proof we've had our seasons as long as we've had them. Frantically I call my buddy Dave to see if he kept his stubbs from those years so I can present to the Jets as proof of our seniority.

Dave says "Why don't you just bring your Shea Stadium seat to them as proof?"

18. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

My first ever Jets game...here I come.:jets:

I'll be over for the Bills game at home - already exited just like a small child, and then the following week at Wembley (the place of my birth (well not the stadium, but just down the road)) shouting rude things at the Patriots :pats_suck:.

I'm, as ever, hopeful of a successful season, if the D gels, Brady's leg falls off and TO destroys the Bills dressing room the division is ours. Hey, I've got to be optimistic in April, surely?:up:

19. Italian Seafood

That's good stuff. :up:

Remember those end zone benches at Shea? In the temporary sections which were created when they slid the baseball seats over for the football configuration, they were all wobbly and I don't think they had backs. A few weeks before that finale I was at the New England game and sat there, Tony Eason's first game. I remember thinking during the Pittsburgh game that those benches didn't stand a chance of staying put. It's not they would be needed anymore after that, anyway.

At least the Mets had a few months to fix Shea back up, if Giants Stadium is torn up it might affect the Giants playoff game the following week if they have one.