2009 Schedule : to be released the week of April 13 ? ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kelly, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

At this point I can't find more then 3 games the Jets should win next year. It could be a long season.

2. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

Where are the Jets fans from Toronto or at least in Ontario Province? Can you let some of us shack up for the Thursday night game and we all head over to piss off the Bills fans.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

SICK. I'm gonna get tix for the Jets @ Bills game in TO. WOOOO

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

3 of our 1st 6 are rivals. Add to that us getting NE& Tenn Back to Back like last year but here.

Unfortunately, we may no be ready and will have to play catch up towards the end of the season since Basically all of our division games are OVER by Dec.3 and 3 of our final 6 are vs the NFC!

5. Angry Teste

Angry Teste Active Member

I can't believe the new schedule got buried in this thread-it should have its own thread.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Why do we always open up w/ NE at home? I am sick of it.

7. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Have to agree, sick of opening up with those bastards, hope we don't open up the new stadium with them. :up:

8. nyjunc

I can't believe it's been since 2000 that we last beat them at home. Our team is a work in progress, I think we'll have a better chance of beating them in october- I hate opening w/ them.

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

What difference does it make since after the 09 season is over it will be 41 straight years that we have been losers since we won SB 3?

Just think U will get to rank the 09 NYJs in your best of the worse rankings you do & see where they fit. Cannot wait to see your ranking for them compare to other losing teams that U think were winners

10. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Champ, you know I like you, but can you please rephrase the above statement somehow so that I can understand what the hell you are talking about?

11. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I'm sick of playing in Oakland. They have been to NY once in the last 5 years. WTF?! At some point the scheduling and competition committees should take notice of this fact.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I don't know. It's a hell of a lot better than opening up in Foxboro. Think of it this way, if we come away with a win, how sweet is that?

Another way to look at it is what one of the commentators said on ESPN this morning about the schedule. He was saying that Tom Brady will "take some time" to get up to speed after his long absence. He surmises NE will be trying to run the ball quite a bit in those early games to give Brady some slack, but he also mentioned that the Jets will undoubtedly give the Patriots a hard way to go if they try to run the ball (because of our stout defense).

This can all work to our advantage the way I see it. Let NE come here with a shaky Brady just getting his legs and timing back, and let them try to run the ball a lot. If we can shut down that run, it forces Brady to pass more and then if we can put together a pass rush on them, it could force some mistakes and a few sacks, maybe INTs!

I'm looking forward to them having to come here opening day! We have to play those bastards twice a year anyway, so one of them might as well be early, before Brady gets his rythm down.

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

This is the 4th year in a row we've had the home opener vs New England. For all the positive spin, they've kicked the shit out of us the last three openers and I'm tired of it. Last year they did it in Matt Cassell's first start since high school, when they should have been shell shocked from losing Brady and we had Brett Favre in his home debut coming off a big win.

So excuse me if I'm not excited about it. It sucks to wait all year for the first game, get out there and be all fired up just to have our ass kicked again by the team we hate the most.

14. nyjunc

There is nothing that can be done about that, that is luck of the draw.

and they came here in '05 & '06 so 2 of our last 3 meetings have been at home.

15. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

Why (and I don’t think I am alone on this) do I feel like I just got ass raped ever year when the Jets schedule gets released?

It’s because we (Jets fans) are a bunch of low-expectation having mother fuckers who have absolutely no faith in our team (with pretty good reason).

Although my heart and mind is telling me…holy shit…4 – 12 again I’m going to fight it and say 12 – 4 and perfect in the playoffs.

69 & 09 baby.

16. Italian Seafood

I'm with you here, just pissed off about the NE opener more than anything. New coach, new regime, have to start out with the same old home division loss and be instantly behind the 8-ball.

I like closing at home vs the Bengals, but I'm envisioning that as a cold, rainy, meaningless game with me and about 20 other diehards out there closing out the Giants Stadium era in fitting dreary fashion. Maybe we can tear the shit out of the place like they did at Shea in 1983.

17. nyjunc

'09 passed. We won in jan of '69('68 season), this year would be the '09 season and Feb '10 if by some miracle we won the SB this year.

18. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

^ Jesus Christ – I’m sure no one got the point you argumentative ball buster.

19. Italian Seafood

If junc ever changes his username, I reccomend this. :up:

20. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sure after the 09 season it will be 41 years & counting since we last won the World Championship & Woody's team will be 0-10 in getting us the VLT