Ainge Absent From Voluntary Workouts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WW85, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Well. I haven't heard anything from either the Jets or Ainge.

Making decision based solely on one side of the story is a very good way to get wrong. I'll reserve my comment.

2. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

and Jane, his wife

deet till la doo

da da da da, da da da da, da da da da, da

Daughter, Judy

His boy, Elroy

Bwa da dad da da, dad da dad da

ding, ding, ding, ding,

Bwa da dad da da, dad da dad da

3. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

Maybe he just plain doesnt like New Jersey? Theyre voluntary workouts, hes under no obligation to be there. And hes got just about zero chance of getting out of the third spot on the depth chart even if he did show up.

This shouldnt be upsetting anybody, theres no conspiracy, and very likely no 'big reason' why he isnt there, because he doesnt have to have one, he doesn't have to be at voluntary workouts just like I dont have to be at work on saturday.

4. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Forgive me if I'm being a bit thick here, but surely turning up and practising as much as possible will help make him a better player. So, unless he has a personal reason for not showing up, this doesn't make much sense.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

That's what I want out of my young QB prospects. I want them to decide ahead of time that they don't have a chance to get the job and to not show up for volunteer activities. That's the dedication that wins championships.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Just like your employer doesn't have to have a "big reason" why you should be out the door. They don't "have to have one," as you say.

So do me a favor and pack up your fucking things and clear out your desk. And make sure you do it with a smile on your face. Security will be right behind you.

I'm sure you understand. No hard feelings, right?

7. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

He's obviously feeling his position as 3rd on the depth chart is pretty secure so why not extend his Spring Break a bit longer...

8. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

the key word is ' voluntary'. it's not like he's going from the taxi squad to starter this year. ratliff has been there longer, and his chances are only 50/50 at best.:wink:

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

It's just the cheek.

10. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Have you been following the NFL since . . . ever?

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

how many of you turds show up to work on saturday when you work mon through friday? and then dont get paid for it?

these are VOLUNTARY workouts.

what the fuck part of voluntary does nobody understand? is it really that important that he is looking up james dearths shorts while bench pressing? they are workouts, now correct me if i am wrong but when i hear workouts i dont hear practice, team drills or anything like that....

there have been TONS of guys who work out on their own and have no issues. if he comes into camp in shape and can actually play qb then all will be well. if he comes in fat or slow or needs a couple weeks to get into shape then he has fucked himself.

but the most likely scenario is that he really was never that good to begin with and it doesnt matter what kind of shape he comes in at.

its amazing how quickly people around here turn on guys... its like their dog peed on their pillow every time another man does something YOU dont personally agree with.

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Ainge just rang me on my cell... he asked me to thank you for having his back. :breakdance:

13. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I think the big point is that apparently EVERY other roster player minus Thomas Jones was there at these voluntary workouts. I guess if all my fellow employees except me showed up to work on a Saturday for no pay, I'd look awful bad, especially if I were looking to get a "promotion" to starting QB. Now if the guy has family stuff going on or something, that's different, but if he's skipping it solely b/c its voluntary, he isn't exactly starting off on a good note.

14. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

+1, also with a new coach and new players, team chemistry is pretty important. Like a team building session, it might not be directly related to performance but your going to be the odd man out at the end of the day if you don't turn up. Gives a good impression to go the extra mile.

15. Atlanta Jet

Atlanta Jet New Member

He was a dead beat in college & looks that way fro the NFL........

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Erik Ainge is on steroids. Why would he need voluntary workouts?

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I do know players have collected incentives from showing up to these workouts.

He's a 3rd string 2nd year QB, he needs the cash.

18. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

He should b cutt and we should pick up a veteran backup too help the rookies outt

19. IATA

IATA Trolls

There is only 1 T, in "cut" and "out".

And we have no rookie QBs on the roster.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i still dont agree with being pissed at a guy who doesnt show up for something voluntary.

i think my thinking on this really depends on what exactly he is missing. if it is like i think it is and its nothing more than lifting and running then i really have NO problem with anyone not being there.

now if its more practice related that is a different story.

i do agree with you guys about him wanting to move forward and be a part of the team. but i just cant get mad at him for choosing to do otherwise.

when did these stupid things become so necessary anyway?

i dont remember jerry rice or walter payton ever talking about their training with the team in the offseason. i remember them talking about and writing about them training themselves in the offseason and it being harder than anyone had ever imagined.