Tgg 7 Round Mock Draft Discussions Only

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Feb 16, 2009.

1. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I all finished drafting.

How did I do (picks are listed below)?

HOUSTON TEXANS, James Hasty

Rd 1 #015 - Andre Smith, OT, Alabama
    Rd 2 #046 - Alex Mack, C, California
    Rd 3 #077 - Jarius Byrd, CB, Oregon
    Rd 4 #112 - Rhett Bomar, QB, Sam Houston St
    Rd 4 #122 - TJ Lang, OT, Eastern Michigan.
    Rd 5 #152 - Cornelius Lewis, OG, Tennessee St
    Rd 6 #188 - Alex Boone, OT, Ohio State
    Rd 7 #223 - Graham Gano, K, Florida State.

TENNESSEE TITANS, James Hasty

Rd 1 #030 - Vontae Davis, CB, Illinois
    Rd 2 #062 - Mike Wallace WR, Ole Miss
    Rd 3 #094 - Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri.
    Rd 4 #130 - Gerald McGrath, LB, Southern Miss
    Rd 4 #135 - Derek Pegues, S, South Carolina
    Rd 5 #173 - Tyronne Green, OG, Auburn *
    Rd 6 #203 - Darryl Richard, DT, Georgia Tech *
    Rd 6 #206 - Jared Bronson, TE, Central Washington
    Rd 7 #239 - Quan Cosby, WR, Texas
    Rd 7 #242 - Kevin Ellison, LB, USC

#661 James Hasty, Apr 10, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

To James Hasty- Arizona's next pick is 254.

3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

This draft has been running too slow the last couple of days.

Cakes the rules are the rules. 3 hour limit between picks, you knew it going in. If you're unhappy with this draft...two things you can do: 1) Run the draft next year, you're more than welcome to or 2) don't join next year.

Two weeks is plenty of time for 16+ GMs to commit so much time.

It's funny, the same people never miss a pick. They are listed in the Player's by Team thread.

#663 WW85, Apr 10, 2009
  4. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

Dominique Johnson was already taken at Pick #212

5. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

What's with the attitude from you all the time?

There was nothing vindictive about my comment whatsoever. I was upset at myself for not being able to make the Cardinals pick. I had not even bothered to send a draft board because when I signed off last night the next Cardinals pick was half a round away. It appeared to me that the Cardinals would be on the clock this evening. Unfortunately for me, you fellows breezed through a bunch of picks this morning.

I had the same situation last year and had no problems making picks. You can check last year's threads. The rules didn't change at all, I don't think. My internet situation didn't change at all. I was simply stating that it went a little too fast in 2009 as opposed to 2008.

Also, I already stated I will not participate in these drafts in the future. The reason had been because I was a failure. I was not able to make picks a couple of times. But now I have another reason- your crummy attitude. I didn't say anything at the time, but that blanket PM you sent around the end of Round 1 was too much. There is no money involved here and I don't think anyone was trying to waste your time. Big deal if the draft was going a little too slow for your liking. Nobody was trying to screw you. You anal retentiveness in that PM and throughout this process needs to be toned down.

The only thing screwy about this draft is when a guy does what FiremanEdJr did today. He picked for the Cardinals which was fine. The problem was the Steelers (his team) were next on the clock and he didn't make a Steelers pick. That was odd. Perhaps he overlooked it or maybe he had something very important and had to leave the internet immediately after making the Cards pick. Maybe there was a family emergency. I'm sure there is an explanation, but it is odd and with that sort of thing I can see reason for you to get upset.

6. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Sorry you feel this way. It's not about my attitude...it's YOUR Attitude. Let's look at my reputation on TGG vs yours....enough said. I'm never in flame wars with other posters, never been banned and don't cause trouble. I don't think most of the GMs feel the way you do. It's too bad you have no clue what it takes to run this draft. My job as commish is to keep this draft running smoothly. If you have an authority issue...that is sad.

That PM in Rd 1 had to be sent, that is my job as commish, GMs were missing picks at the top of Rd 1. It went alot better after that PM was issued. If you feel that beacuse money isn't involved...you aren't really taking this mock to heart.

Cakes, again , sorry you have a myopic attitude toward me......I wish you well.

[size=+1] This the last time...I will respond to someone in a thread questioning my decisions being Commish, if you have an isuue with me or the way this draft is run...PM me...thanks!![/size]

#666 WW85, Apr 10, 2009
  7. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Not for nothing, but WW runs this draft completely on a voluntary basis and has been nothing short of fantastic. I, for one, recognize his efforts and thank him for that.

He has put in more time than anyone over the course of the last couple weeks submitting picks, keeping the "players selected" threads up-to-speed, and keeping the draft running smoothly. I'm sure he could think of a million other things he'd rather be doing with his free time than being glued to his PC checking the Draft board of TGG.

Prolonging this draft anymore than is necessary only increases the burden on guys such as WW who are already devoting an incredible amount of time to this event. There's no excuse for missing a pick - 3 hours is more than ample time as a GM. If you're unsure, get a board sent to someone. It takes 5 minutes.

Calling out the commish for enforcing the rules that have been set fourth since day 1 is wrong.

8. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

DEAD ON THE MONEY

Its not like the rules are new .. they have been established since day one, since before people even registered for the mock draft, and if anyone thought the rules were in any way unfair or unreasonable or undoable or whatever, there was a very simple solution ...

DON'T JOIN!!

But if you do Join and accept the rules as established from day one, then you are in essence making a committment to perform as a GM within the rules ... nobody twisted your arm to make that committment, that was your decision and entirely voluntary, so don't blame the commish for enforcing the rules you commmitted to follow by sheer virtue of Joining this mock draft at the outset

PS. I also agree with DHarris that WW85 has done a fantastic job and I am thankful for all of his efforts

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't recall getting into it with WW85 in any past drafts. I liked the way he put it together. Therefore, I signed up to do it again here in 2009.

The problem started when he jumped on me about a month ago. He misinterpreted a post I made, which happens. The problem was that he took an unnecessary shot at me. I'll dig up the thread if you would like.

WW85 loves this mock draft. I don't think there are a million things he would rather be doing. He clearly wants to be doing this. He wants to be glued to his PC checking the draft board. That's why he did this draft here in 2009. It was run just like this last year, so he knew what to expect.

Due to my situation of having no internet access during weekdays, there were two occasions in which I sent WW85 lengthy draft boards. One was 13 players deep, the other was 10 deep. He ignored the second one. Upthread a little bit you'll see my comments about Fiammetta. I had sent a board with Fiammetta on it and for whatever reason when the Cardinals went on the clock (in round 5 I believe it was) somebody else made the pick.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Excuse me sir, but where exactly did I bitch about the rules?

If you read what was actually written, you'll find that it surprised me that picks were made so quickly this year. Wolfe Tone happened to agree with me.

11. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

See but I don't think you can make any assumptions about the speed of the picks, and when you join a mock draft like this, with a three hour time limit in place, then you have to be prepared to check the board at least every three hours just to see where we stand .. and if you can't do that for whatever reason, then I think its a bad idea to join this mock draft at all

Of course that's not counting when the clock is turned off, which I believe is 12 midnite till 9AM?

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

On weekdays, I had eight hours a day (9am to 5pm) to worry about. When I saw that my pick was a dozen or so spots away I would send an appropriate draftboard to WW85 during the period of time when the clock is turned off.
    This worked out fine for me in 2008.

Before signing off last night, I looked at the draft and I saw that my next pick was about half a round away. I opted to not send a lengthy draft board, figuring it was likely that the Cardinals pick would not come up till this evening. Furthermore, my last draft board was ignored, so, you know...

It was not a secret that I would not be present during the day on weekdays. I did my best. That was not good enough and therefore I made the announcement that I cannot participate in 2010.

13. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

I have no idea what happend: I posted my pick as I was leaving my house, and saw it go up before leaving. I could've sworn my pick as in with Rob Gronkowski, TE, Maryland, but for some reason I guess it didn't go up. I must hae hit preview.

14. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

OK, that's seriously enough with the Cakes vs WW shit. It's really a nowhere discussion that's settled anyway.

I'm just looking forward to this being done. It's always fun, but the best part is always making that last pick and being able to look at your respective masterpiece. Then of course brag, especially if you're me.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm here -- sorry if there was a delay...went out of town for Easter -- I've been in the car since 6:30.

16. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

I'M HERE

I'll need some time to catch up, but I'm on it :up:

17. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

I'M STILL HERE

War-Room Back in Session :grin:

18. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

Whooo Hooo I got my 7th round targets, I like Brandstater and I see potential as a QB in the leauge, more likely he will be a backup, but down the road who knows, you can naver have enough talent at QB

19. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

If Jabba doesn't snag my guy I'll be very happy with my 7th round picks for the Jaguars. I came into this draft with Jacksonville with a very specific goal, and I think I've done a good job coming through on it.

20. Quack

Quack New Member

The Texans draft has already been commented on. I don't care how good the value is, drafting five offensive linemen is insane. You have to tweak your board as you go along - Every time you select a player at a position, you need to apply a handicap or penalty to the grades of every other player at that position - Obviously if you think someone has very good value, you have no other addressable needs at the position or you think someone is a special talent, then sure, why not. I can't see taking more than three offensive linemen in a draft, though, and that's if your line is TERRIBLE.

As far as the Titans' draft, I think that the Mike Wallace pick is a ridiculous pick in the second round. You lost out on SenDerrick Marks there by three picks, granted, but if you really want a WR there's Louis Murphy right there, and with Levitre, Wood, Unger and Canfield there for the picking on the OLine (which, needs of WR and DT aside since you covered CB in the first, line depth is probably what Tennessee would want) I just can't see why you would go with Mike Wallace. The Tennessee picks that I really think are the best in terms of both value and need are actually the picks you actually didn't make - Green and Richard.

I just don't agree with either of your drafts. Sorry dude. =/

Considering how the draft shook out with the tear on OTs in the first round, I don't think that I could have done much better than this. Looking back at who was picked after my picks, I'm extremely happy with this draft. I really wanted Darcel McBath in the fifth and was thinking of taking him in the fourth, but I had three secondary players at my fourth rounder to pick from (Lewis, McBath and Mike Hamlin), and with two safeties and one corner and me not liking the rest of the CB class one bit, I had to grab Lewis. Even without getting McBath or Hamlin in the fifth, Aaron Kelly was a pretty damn nice consolation prize in my mind.

SAINT LOUIS RAMS, Quack

Rd 1 #002 - Aaron Curry, LB, Wake Forest
    Rd 2 #035 - Michael Johnson, DE, Georgia Tech
    Rd 3 #066 - Jamon Meredith, OT, South Carolina
    Rd 4 #103 - Keenan Lewis, CB, Oregon St
    Rd 5 #138 - Aaron Kelly, WR, Clemson
    Rd 6 #176 - Andrew Gardner, OT, Georgia Tech
    Rd 7 #211 - Brit Miller, LB, Illinois