Marques Douglas , Surprise Package ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Apr 10, 2009.

1. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Its been quite quiet from the big man and to be honest, I really didn't know alot of these amazing stats

2. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

It really has been overlooked, i have heard nothing about him since his signing, and even at his signing i heard very little. The stats look pretty good, and hopefully he can add a little penetration, those numbers for tackles for loss are impressive, looking forward to making my own opinion of him once i see him in this system. I like his quote about this defense being a 'thinking mans defense'.

3. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

I dont care what hes done in the past. I care what he does when he steps on the field in a NYJETS uniform. I doubt Rex Ryan brought in an underachiever slacker. Theres reasons why we didnt sign those other Ravens players.

4. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

That's an interesting fact. Thanks for posting that Gustoon.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I figured he'd be packing at least 9".

6. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

man thats some nice company, Pat Williams is a stud.. and for him to make just about one less tackle-for-loss per season for the last six seasons.. and still fly under the radar.. is insane.. TFL is such an important stat on defense.. and not only does Douglas' numbers show hes productive... its shows hes consistant and can stay healthy.. I feel more and more confident about our defense after ever article i read... now if i can only gain some more confidence on our offense..

7. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

I am. Oh wait, you meant Marques Douglas didn't you? Sorry.

8. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Quotes like that get me very excited to see what our current personal can do in a defense like this.

9. ........

........ Trolls

I read that this morning. I definitely have been overlooking the man, and this is some great news. I don't expect him to have a good deal of TOLs from the DE position, but it sounds like he frequently wins at the POA, which is exactly what we need, especially from a depth guy. Bring him in on short yardage situations at DE. Also nice that he says he expects to be shifted out to OLB. That does put him in position to force his way into the backfield against certain offensive sets, and can be a huge boost to our D. Great signing.

10. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Agreed. Good shit, good article. I'm really excited about the difference on defense just in scheme alone. The talent excites me as well, but I don't think I'll be getting the rushing 3 on third and seven agida anymore.