Jets looking at Miles Austin

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SyracuseJet, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

There is interviews with BB with the patriots saying the reason they acquired Wes Welker, or one of the reasons was that he was a patriot killer whenever the patriots played against him. There linebackers couldn't cover him in the slot. He is quick, runs good routes and is small. That sounds like Chansi to me. Again, Chansi is already on our roster.

2. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

If a guy who scored 3 td's and 300 yards did well on your fantasy team, your receivers on your fantasy team must of been an absolutely joke.

3. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

Well, Ramses Barden will be a third rounder most likely. The dude is 6 foot 6, and ran a faster 40 time than, which shows most straight line explosiveness. Barden also has a ridiculous verticle and has pretty good strength. So i absolutely agree with your post.

4. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

So based on this season, Gholston is worth the money we spent on him as the number 6 pick overall? Or Javon Walker is worth the money the raiders spent?
    I am just trying to understand your logic in evaluating worth/value. If this were the case, no player would have the labeled as "overpaid". correct?

5. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Finally someone with a brain! This would not be a bad move people. Austin is a good reciever who has the potential to be a very good WR. DRAFT PICKS ARE CRAP SHOOTS!!!!! I'm a proponent of taking a guy who has a track record in the league.

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

He was a 3rd WR. Whenever he filled in for a guy on a bye week he produced.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dude, I don't care if he can play of not, just having a guy on the team named Ramses would be awesome. They gotta have a PS spot for this guy.

8. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

hahah agreed.

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

What track record are you talking about?

He produced? His 3 year highlight. He played 5 games where he had multiple receptions. His second best game was where he caught 3 passes for 45 yards, 1td. He caught 2 for 115 in one game, 1td. Wow. He really did produce. Clowney produced more than that in 3 preseason games alone. Sure it was preseason, but it was 3 games, not 3 seasons. I can't believe people are actually advocating this move.

The best thing for the Jets would be to let it go. Wait until after the draft, and if they dont get what they need, trade for him. We can probably get him for a 4th of 2010 (worth a 5th in 2009 due to an extra yr of exp in the NFL).

10. ........

........ Trolls

WTF is a verticle? Is that like a testicle that always sticks straight up in the sack?

If the guy is 6'6", he's outjumping corners just by sticking his arms up and standing on his toes. The real question with Ramses is what he does when he jumps up three rungs on the competition ladder to the NFL. If we haven't taken a receiver by the 4th and he's around, sure. A 3rd might be a stretch since we need to rely on our WR from this year's draft. There should be more NFL ready talent at that point.

11. ........

........ Trolls

BTW, this thread is now the go to place for all receiver talk. Let's give Miles Austin a 30 page thread.

12. nycarl

nycarl Active Member

Having watched the Cowboys since I moved to Tejas 23 years ago, I honestly believe he's not worth any draft pick at all. He's an excellent return man but that's the last thing the Jets need. I've seen him make some nice catches and some painful drops as well. The key to me is he didn't step up last year when they needed him as the offense tanked. I have my doubts he'll even be a dependable #2 receiver. Cash? Maybe. A draft pick? No way. A number 2? BIG mistake.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Austin will more than likely be Dallas' #2 guy now that TO is gone. Jerry Jones has said so...

Patrick Crayton got the nod over Austin because MA was banged up coming into the season. If you watched the show Hard Knocks on HBO, you'd see that Austin and Crayton were neck and neck most of training camp, before Austin sprained his knee.

If you compare their stats, Austin performed much better in every category except yardage, receptions, and TDs (he had 3 and Crayton had only 4) -- missing 4 games due to injury kill these stats.

#133 Mr Electric, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  14. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

They can be overpaid in your opinion. But since Tanny thought he was worth that contract, that's what he's worth. I don't understand why you can't figure it out. I'll say it slowly...You're Worth....What Sombody...Is Willing....To Pay You. If Jerry Jones thinks Miles Austin should get a $100 million dollar contract over 3 years, then that's what he's worth, regardless of the fact that no other team in the NFL would pay that.

Smokin' what I'm rollin'?

15. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

and your contributing to it. If you don't know what a vertical is, your an idiot. verticle jump, obviously.

#135 Jet21, Apr 8, 2009
  16. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...oh my god. I literally LOL'd at how stupid this post really is.

#136 Mr Electric, Apr 8, 2009
  17. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

You're welcome

18. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

I'm not smoking what your rolling. Why? because worth by definition is:

1. The quality that renders something desirable, useful, or valuable: the worth of higher education.
    2. Quality that commands esteem or respect; merit: a person of great worth.
    3. Deserving of; meriting: a proposal not worth consideration.

I understand what your saying, and in theory that might be true. But part of worth is deserving it. Worth and value go hand in hand. Just because you get a numerical figure, doesn't mean he is worthy of that. If tomorrow I woke up, and someone handed me $400.00, that doesn't mean I deserve it, or I'm worthy of receiving it. A second example, if you sell a car for 4,000 dollars, that doesn't necessarily mean it's worth 4,000, that is just the price the seller is asking for. Market price, doesn't necessarily mean market value/worth.

I suppose SyracuseJet, that it depends in the context, because you can look at the definition from both sides. But if you want to spell things out, and pretend like I'm dumb and don't understand because your taking a word and trying it to apply it out of context or even to literally, maybe your the one who doesn't understand?

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Stop trying to sound like you know something - you and your "verticle" leap have failed miserably.

20. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

I suppose Mr.E, but there was a total of like 4 people that agreed with Miles Austin being worthy of a 2nd round pick. Maybe you should be the GM of an NFL football team, since nothing you say is ever debatable and your constantly right. If you become a GM, you can spend your 2nd round picks on guys "comparable to JMac".

It's not hard to look at the logic of a word and apply it correctly. and yeah I spent vertical wrong, I'm sure your spelling has been flawless through your many posts and you are grammatically mistake free in every post you make.

and your right, I know absolutely nothing, maybe your the only person who knows anything on this board. I'm only surrounded by draft talk, and attend the practices of a reputable football program (Rutgers) as my profession on an everyday basis. God forbid someone disagreeing with one of your posts

#140 Jet21, Apr 8, 2009