Star Ledger Jets need a HR hitter.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSFAN1290, Apr 7, 2009.

1. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Clowney and Washington are singles hitters? News to me...

Really tho, we need some more explosion on the offensive side of the ball. I'm not just being a homer but I think with an explosive vertical passing threat we'd be a legit contender. As it stands right now, I think with our defense and running game we're a decent playoff caliber team but if we add the right pieces on offense we can be an explosive offense.

All of this rests on the shoulders of Clemens and Ratliff of course but if we add the right receiver(s) I feel they can play at a high level.

2. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

The Star Ledger is not worth 75 cents and their coverage of the Jets is as close to pathetic as it gets.

3. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

This is the stupidest article ever. We have Washington who is the definition of a home run hitter. Also, he brings up Baker and Fred Taylor for the Patriots and then says that Thomas Jones and Keller are singles hitters!!! Keller is a versatile threat who will be utilized more in his second year.

4. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Ha! Someone forgot what forum they were in. I think it's time for a :cough:LONG:cough: vacation, no?

5. alngtheway

alngtheway Member

this was where i lost faith in the article. do first-round wr's become stars in their first season? if he would have said he didn't think clowney could become a star, then that is one thing but he is saying not to rely on clowney to be a star next year, but rather to draft a WR in the 1st round who will be a star next year.

i'm not saying i think clowney is a star, or that i don't think the jets should draft a WR. my vote is to pick BPA or draft down for more picks, but to assume that getting a WR in the 1st round gives us an immediate star is a bit excessive in my opinion...

6. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

yo what does it say on the bottom of your avatar? The only reason I ask is becuase my father's name is Peter Griffin...I have never seen that one.

7. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I agree we need a HR hitter (receiver), but the guy we need is Darrius Heyward-Bey
    !!!!

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'd consider Leon a HR hitter. He can break any play all the way.... But we need a deep threat at WR.

9. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Agreed........a deep threat changes the game for opposing defensive schemes.

10. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

Add in that TBJF had to bring up Percy Harvin to this thread. :shit:

11. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I agree with the fact that if Jeremy Maclin falls to us he's going to be our next #1 WR...

12. TampaBayJetsFan85

All I really said was..."Drafting Maclin would be great but he's going to be off the board before the Jets pick @ 17...As we all know, I would love that HR hitter in Percy Harvin"

And thats because we were talking about a HR Hitter and He's been a threat in every game I've seen him play as a Gator.

Sorry, its the offseason and Im pumped about the draft and we all know im high on Harvin

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Little too high, your level of man-love for the guy is a bit disturbing

14. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Leon Washington says Hi

15. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

No doubt about it. He would have to be, if he's there at 17.

16. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

ill assume you are talking to me and it says peter griffin is watching you masturbate. i thought it would get a decent response but i just noticed today that you can't see the punchline. guess ill need to find something new.

17. Heavy Metal Thunder

I agree 100% although it was cool to see Miami open up a can of whoop ass on Belichick the week they introduced it.

18. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

That's a Family Guy reference?

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I was actually thinking the same thing. Well said.

20. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Good article, If Maclin drops out of the top 10 (I don't expect him to), then surely we should do everything we could to move up and get him. He is not wrong though, we do need that home run receiver, i actually like DHB so i would be pretty happy having him on the team.