Star Ledger Jets need a HR hitter.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSFAN1290, Apr 7, 2009.

1. DCanadian

DCanadian Active Member

Maclin is the #1 guy I want. Let's hope he falls.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

is it really that hard to post the entire article??!!

3. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Thats exactly what I was thinking...Is it really that hard?

4. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I stopped reading after that because that is simply not true. He values getting value out of the draft, not multiple picks per se. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been tossing them around in deals for Favre, Lito, etc.

5. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

I posted the link. Some sites because of copyright issues wont allow you to copy and paste. But then again what do I know? I guess its too difficult to click on the link for some.

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

its actually because many of the people here post at work and can't access links because of firewalls etc. its always been common courtesey to post a link and copy and paste the article so everyone can see it easily.

it takes like 3 seconds and isn't a big deal. if you dont want to do a simple task don't post the article. someone else will find it and do it right soon enough.

7. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Ok thanks I didnt realize that was an issue.In the future I will post the entire article.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I like the fact that he doesn't want the offense to be ignored.

The Wildcat is not cool. Only vagina teams who can't beat you straight up implement the Harlem Globetrotter offense. I don't respect it. Get under center and beat me like a professional, not a college team.

Leon washington has been a HR hitter, but does not see enough action to be consistent with it.

9. TampaBayJetsFan85

There you go...Being a typical asshole again. "Is it really that hard to post the entire article??!!" Typical coming from a rookie who thinks he runs this site. Who died and made you president of this site? Thats all I wanna know. The man posts a good article and there you go...Being youself once again. Enough is enough.

As far as this thread goes...The Bills and Dolphins have gotten better on the offensive side of the ball, the Jets have gotten alot better on the defensive side of the ball with the additions of Litto Sheppard, Bart Scott and Leonard and I feel that Defense Wins Championships and the Jets have improved the D more than any other team in the AFC East. We lost Favre and I feel Kellen can have a more productive year because Favre was an old man out there towards the end of the season.

Drafting Maclin would be great but he's going to be off the board before the Jets pick @ 17...As we all know, I would love that HR hitter in Percy Harvin because anyone that knows anything about the SEC understands that this kid is a special talent, he's a threat to take it to the house everytime he gets the ball

Keep it clean

#10 TampaBayJetsFan85, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009
  10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

It's the "courteous" thing to do....when i post an article...i always post the link and the article in its entirety...because some firewalls don't allow posters to render the article after clicking on it.

But thanks for making an ass out of yourself anyway, Opie....I enjoyed the rant.

EDIT: Furthermore....1290 had no problem with the suggestion.....don't you think it's time you stopped crying like a baby on this forum...it's getting old.

11. ukilledkenny

for real 1290 takes it like a normal human and says that he will follow board etiqutte and post the article from now on, and after the fact TBJF comes in with the dreaded "personal attack" after the issue had been resolved.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

you're the only one who has a problem with it. 1290 even said he'd post the link from now on. Its you who is starting trouble in this thread not anybody else. you are beyond predictable.

There you go being yourself again. Enough is enough.

13. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Whenever the word "wildcat" is used, I slap someone.

14. ukilledkenny

so who got the slap this time?

15. ukilledkenny

so i finally read the entire thing and the last line is awful.

To use a baseball analogy, the Jets have a lot of singles hitters -- WRs Cotchery, Clowney, Chansi Stuckey and Brad Smith, TE Dustin Keller, RBs Thomas Jones and Leon Washington -- but they need a home run guy.

leon is the only home run hitter we have. and if he watched clowney he would know thats why many of us fans are excited about him becuase he has the speed to be a home run guy.

16. ........

........ Trolls

Thanks for the link. Good concise article, and I too hope that Maclin will be available at 17. I'm not big on DHB, so I hope we use the pick on another position of need if the big two are both gone.

17. snipes824

snipes824 Member

Leon is a singles hitter?

18. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I think Barry Bonds is still a FA

19. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Leon is the definition of a HR hitter if I've ever seen one. And Keller is definitely a multi-base hit threat. I do agree that we need to add another play-maker since we lost Coles and our QB situation is unknown