What the hell is wrong with some Jet fans?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Apr 1, 2009.

1. NYJetsFan26

NYJetsFan26 New Member

Nothing but trash taking snaps since Namath? I don't know if I'd go that far, Richard Todd was a solid QB, as was Ken O'Brien. Boomer wasn't totally past his prime when he played here, and Pennington was a good QB as well, I know what you are saying, no QB has won a SB other then Joe Namath and Joe is easily the most reconizable QB the Jets have ever had, but guys like Todd & O'Brien may have got to a SB had they had better guys around them.

2. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

Lets not leave out Vinny... I thought he was pretty good until he got injured... I mean we got to the AFC CHamp game with him.

3. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree. I think O'Brien could have been great. Chad was good before he was injured. Boomer was good, but not a franchise-type. It's really hard to say with Todd. He and Vinny were decent and could hold down the fort if they had to.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

all 1st round picks in the draft may I add.... perhaps the Jets should look at their history and follow suit.

5. TampaBayJetsFan85

Well I'm glad that all of those Cutler lovers who wanted to trade away defensive leaders like Revis, Rhodes or Harris have taken a step back down to reality and started to fucus more on the draft.

Cutler was never going to the JEts and it's been funny watching Jet fans throw our own talented players under the bus for a QB that has yet to win anything @ the NFL level, sure...He has potential with a running game, O-Line and Defense (Which we have) But then again...I think Kellen also has potential and QB's like Stafford and Sanchez really have the talent and potential. Im just glad we still have all of our defensive players along with our draft picks.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

dude, no one has calmed down - have you seen this place?

7. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

ROFL.... thats good stuff. First time I laughed today

8. TampaBayJetsFan85

Not really, but it's weird...I've already talked to like 3 or 4 posters on this site who goes against everything I say with each and every post, I've already talked football and the draft with 3 or 4 guys who would have NEVER gave me a chance to talk football on this site without going against everything I said the past week...It's just weird talking about the draft now that Cutler wont be a Jet compared to the last couple days when he was an option.

This board REALLY went crazy about Cutler and if you were against landing the man as our next QB...It was hell trying to keep up with everyone.

9. ........

........ Trolls

I only go against you when you're wrong about something. If you look back, we've agreed in the past. Plus, I'm too tired from all the shit today to fight anymore. Even the avatar is getting changed tonight.

#209 ........, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  10. TampaBayJetsFan85

Very nice, maybe you can use the player who you think the Jets will draft as your avatar, get some bragging rights if you know what I mean. I know me...I either want Sanchez or Harvin and last year I wanted either McFadden or Gholston and I made it CLEAR to everyone that I wanted Gholston and when we drafted him...I was pumped.

Think talking Cutler is rough around here? Try rooting for the Rays with crazy Yankee fans running wild

11. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Great post man! I'm so glad its over with, the Bears got hossed and I'm sooo glad Tanny didnt do some thing stupid, like trade away two 1st's and a 3rd for Jay Cutler.

12. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Two first rounders and a third for Cutler? No wonder the Bears haven't won jack shit in 25 years.

13. TampaBayJetsFan85

Yeah, Denver has some draft picks to help re-vamp that Defense, thats for shure, and they also walked away with a solid starting QB in Orton.

Chicago will regret this trade for the next 5 years just like Tampa when they gave up all those picks for Gruden....Look @ Tampa now, they lack talented young players and I know the reason why...They gave up way to much for a coach and the Bears gave up way to much for a QB with potential

14. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

I think that some people are under-estimating Orton's value, remember how little he had in Chicago, now with some good receivers like Marshall/Royal/Stockley and Sheffler, that can only mean that Orton gets better.

15. TampaBayJetsFan85

Right on...I'm just excited that I'm still excited for the draft because it's exciting knowing that the Jets still have draft picks and who knows? Maybe we can draft some impact players such as Revis, Harris, Rhodes, Washington, Mangold, Ferguson, Cotchery, Keller and *Gholston* just to name a few.

Put it this way, giving up all of that for a QB like Cutler would be going against what the Jets have been doing over the past 4 years and thats actually building a team through the draft while adding free agent players along the way and building through the draft is the best way to build dynastys if you ask me.

16. TampaBayJetsFan85

Yeah... Orton was also a shotgun type of QB while playing college ball and the Broncos actually run alot of Shotgun

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Bro I love our flash in the pans too. That's what has kept us going..... You understand the difference between those guys and an all-pro decade QB. We missed out, we will look elsewhere; that's it.

#217 Jake, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

you mean that Super Bowl in 2002? That trade was perfect. Following your logic would dictate that the Bears are winning a SB in 2009-10 due to this trade because of the immediate impact the traded football employee has on the team he went to.

please use facts when making statements.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

O'Brien was definitely a franchise QB. He was pro-bowl or all-pro twice too. He still holds a couple of NFL records including most yards in a game with a perfect QB rating (431). Maybe he wasn't Marino but if the Jets had drafted Marino he probably wouldn't have been any better here than O'Brien was. Especially without Shula as his coach.

#219 Don, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Way to name all the draft picks that have worked out. Don't forget the other 60% who have fucked up. I'm not even a darksider but your shineshine pissed me off enough as I'm drunk as fuck. Suck it.