Juaquin Iglesias

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CatoTheElder, Apr 3, 2009.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

WR-Oklahoma

6'0"
    204lbs.
    4.50 40
    34 1/2 Vert
    74 Rec. 1150 Yards 10TDs in 2008. 0 career fumbles

What do you guys think of him? He's a great route runner and has solid hands - although he did drop 2 during the Oklahoma pro day. Made some good plays for the Sooners last year and could be a force in the WR corps given the time to develop. Do you think he makes it to the 3rd and do you think we should pick him up if he does? I think he'd make a good NFL WR and would love to see him on the team. I'd even be willing to draft him in the second provided we can't get Shonn Greene, LeSean McCoy or Jarron Gilbert(provided he falls that far).

2. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

He will definitely slide into the 3rd round, at least, that is what I think. I'm not a big fan, I would much rather have Barden in the 3rd than JI

3. CatoTheElder

I'm not really familiar with Barden. First name? School?

4. JetMonkey

JetMonkey Member

5. CatoTheElder

Ok, I like the speed and the size and his hands seem to be top notch but NFLDraftScout.com has reports of the Raiders liking him in the second. If we go after him do you think we get competition from the Oakland for him? Would it be worth taking him in the second?

By the way, he's the only one I have tied with JI for the "best first name in the draft" award.

6. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

I think a lot of the wide receivers will slide, just like what happen to Thomas last year, and Manningham. The raiders definitely like Barden, but drafting him in the top of the second is way to high. I think they would give us competition in the third, but a lot of gm's from what I hear say the kid has a lot of potential, but he did play against pretty weak competition. And when your that fast, and that tall, putting the numbers he did becomes pretty easy.

I really like the kid though, but what NFL teams don't want a kid who's that tall and runs like a 4.45 or something along those lines. I think Harvin (yes I think harvin will slide into the second), Nicks, Britt, Robiskie, JI will be picked up in the second round before Barden.

7. CatoTheElder

The small school knock doesn't seem to be hurting players that much anymore. Chris Gocong (Cal Poly) was a 2nd round pick and is currently starting for the Eagles and DRC (Tennessee State) is on his way to being the best CB in the league. Those are the two best examples I can think of right now but even with the success of Marques Colston (Hofstra) has to be pushing players like these up on the draft board.

Also, don't expect too much logic and proper judgment from Al Davis in his draft selections. I can easily see him drafting Crabtree in the first and then taking a guy like Barden in the second. He's the type of WR Davis loves for the "vertical passing game" he thinks is still relevant.

8. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

way to much money invested in Javon Walker to draft a wide receiver in the 2nd. he'll wait and grab a guy in the 4th to 5th, but Al Davis needs a right tackle in the second round, it is an absolute must. People forget about Javon Walker, but he's not going anywhere, and Davis is going to make him a number 2 , with Crabtree as their home run guy in the first round.

9. CatoTheElder

I honestly thought Walker retired. Still, I can't give Davis enough credit to actually pursue a need and not go after whatever player for whom he happens to have some very confusing feelings.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

hahahahahahaha...ahahahahahaha

11. CatoTheElder

You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. The guy played lock-down all season except for a few rookie mistakes which will probably start to disappear since he's no longer, you know, a rookie. He's fast, he has the body position and he has instincts to cover anyone in the league. Granted my prediction probably won't happen until Nnamdi Asomugha retires but he is going to give Revis a literal run for his money.

12. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

basically

Barden>>>>>> Inglesias and believe me earlier I was skeptical about Barden but now I think he is the real deal

13. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

he is definitely the real deal rhodesfan, well put.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Wait a second - he's fast and he has instincts...sounds like a tiger.

The dude got schooled by DeSean Jackson, enough said.

I'm not doubting him as an athlete, but he's far from being the best corner in the league. He's not even in the top five and I don't think he'll ever be. He was over-drafted because of a great combine and good week at the Senior Bowl.

I do think otherwise. He's one of the most overrated prospects in my lifetime.

15. CatoTheElder

All I have seen of Barden has been within the last hour and I really like what I'm seeing. Still, if the Raiders are so high on him then actually getting him could become very difficult. He seems to have great potential than Iglesias but given the situation, would you be happy if we got Iglesias provided Barden is no longer in play?

16. CatoTheElder

One game and he's useless? I never said he is the best corner, just that he could be the best corner and before you say it, no that doesn't include a lot of CBs with more than 1 year of experience getting injured/retiring/dying. I might have worded my comment too strongly but as far as his play goes I would be have been more than happy with him at 6. Even if the senior bowl was part of him being drafted so high, how is it a knock against him to have performed well in a live game?

17. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

to answer your question, as far as receivers , I don't like JI at all. In the second round, I would much rather go with a guy like Ron Brace, Ziggy, if he falls. To me, JI in the second is not worth it. To be honest, I don't think I'd be happy with drafting him in the 3rd. He's a forgettable wide receiver in this draft, and I don't think he will make that much of an impact in the NFL. that is just my opinion, but there is a lot of depth in this year's draft, so we'll see our options. In the 2nd though, no way.

18. CatoTheElder

The original question was Iglesias in the third.

19. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

i have to go with CK on this one... DRC is a stud and with adrian wilson alone that secondary is ridiculous... i won't be surprised to see him labelled the best CB in a couple years

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

The same secondary that allowed the most TD passes (36) in the league? The closest team was New England with 27...and the Pats' secondary was awful in 2008.

The same secondary that was in the bottom ten of the league with passing yards per game (221.3)?

The same secondary with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Adrian Wilson, and Antrel Rolle...The Cards made a great move by signing Bryant McFadden, but I don't know how much that 36 will drop.

OVERRATED