Cutler To Bears

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Apr 2, 2009.

1. ........

........ Trolls

Shhh...it's much easier for the people here to blame Woody and Tanny than listen to reason.

2. KSJets

KSJets New Member

That should have just ended at "According to Cimini..."

He's useless.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

What incentive did Denver have to trade Cutler to the AFC? Every team that submitted an offer submitted a similar offer to the one that got it done.

4. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

They had every incentive to trade him out of the AFC. Why have him competing with you for a wild card spot or coming into to play against you more often? You can say we're in a different division but that doesn't matter, we've played Tennessee three years in a row now, I think this year will make four. Send him to the NFC and you're guaranteed not to see him any more often than every 4th year.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

6. Coach K

Coach K New Member

when will the bitching stop?

seriously the deals done, he's not gonna be a Jet. get over it and move on. now there will be people saying WELL I SAID GET JAY CUTLER! IM A GENIUS! IM SICK OF LOSING HOW MANY BLAH BLAH BLAH

Cutlers a bear, if you want to talk about this trade so damn much go to NFLShop.com get the jersey and watch your jets games like an asshole.

seriously theres two sides to this argument,

1)-either your willing to trade the farm for the guy.

2)-or you simply feel giving up two 1st rd picks, a 3rd rd pick and a starting player is simply too much considering the complete lack of depth and other holes on this team moving forward

lastly, Pat Bowlen(broncos owner) even said the whole time the goal was to ship him off to the NFC. so to continue to argue like there was some miracle trade that was gonna happen is an extremely moot point now.

and for those calling others "idiots" or "illogical" for presenting the argument were 1 injury away on each unit from being garbage. save your breath.

keeping our picks is vital to build a competitive team. last time I checked we werent in the playoffs last year. so whos to say Cutler wouldve put us over the top. Say Cutler got hurt or one of our defensive players like Scott, Revis, or Jenkins went down. wed be the broncos part 2 minus the draft picks to build our team.

anyways this is the last time I address Jay Cutler the Chicago Bear, cause thats what he is, a Chicago Bear whos not on the trading block. Case fuckin closed.

7. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

The Jets never had a chance, and that's simply because the Broncos never intended to trade Cutler within the AFC Conference. It was all NFC speculation from day one {Chicago / Tampa / Washington / Minnesota / Detroit}, and that's the way it ended...

In closing, it feels good knowing that the Jets are still without a starting QB...

8. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

9. takrew

takrew New Member

I have no problem with this.... I was 50/50 on the guy---- I think he is going to be a PROBLEM.

Bottom line: The Bears paid ALOT for a guy that has questions surrounding him..... JMHO

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

exactly, and this needs to be realized..

Cutler wanted the bears or Titans

The Jets had no chance because Cutler himself did not want to come here.

11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I kind of feel like by the time the Bears get to pick in the first round again they will be looking for a QB.

12. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

Tell me the last time the guy was on a team with a winning record. A great player could elevate his team to the next level. Cutler has, time and again, FAILED to do that.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

If I was a Bears fan, I think I'd be pretty happy today, given those picks. At least a lot better than I would have felt taking the kind of deal from the Jets that most here felt would be the most they should offer.

Time to move on.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

How does a QB elevate his defense to the next level? Magic?

15. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

A good QB keeps the opposing teams Defense on the field long enough to give his defense a time to rest.

Not saying he did or didnt do this. Just saying QB's can effect Defenses

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Don't keep turning the ball over and putting them back on the field, giving them a short field. Consume time with the ball so they don't spend the whole day out there and get beaten down. A good QB can do those things to help his team win games.

17. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

Well then he didn't do a good job of it, because Denver's defense sucked my ass last year.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

again he doesn't turn the ball over at a high rate when you look at NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS.

Stop.

Career INT/Attempt Ratio:
    Pennington 1:38
    P. Manning 1:36
    Cutler 1:34

Not too much worse than your boy.

Maybe if Shannahan ran the ball more they'd have had more time consuming drives. Maybe they couldn't run the ball more because the defense couldn't stop a pee-wee football team.

#438 WhiteShoeWillis, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  19. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

I can't wait to see Pennington get smashed this season... The rookie head coach "element of suprise" is gone for the Dolphins. Chad will once again be exposed and Miami can once again return to bowels of the AFC East.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Is that more a function of the QB or the entire offensive team? Yeah, ultimately it's the QB's responsibility to move the chains and make the conversions, but he can't do that without the entire offense clicking in unison.