2009 1st, 2009 3rd, & 2010 1st is too much???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SackXchange, Apr 2, 2009.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

wow....i never mentioned T.Jones...NOR...did i mention Favre. That had nothing to do with the point i was making whatsoever.

And furthermore....i'm not Clemens or Ratty's biggest fans...but you know what...they can still throw a football....they're professional football players for petes' sakes.....they're not gonna stand behind center...take the snaps and wait to get sacked. Get your head out of your ass!!!

EDIT: jesus...this has to be the worst post of the night.

2. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Why would I relax... I'm sick of being a door-mat for the NFL... you will see... I've been a fan since the 70's... we suck... end of story. This is typical of the Jets. Jump when you shouldn't (39 year old Farve and a big name) and freeze when you should jump (25 year old pro-bowler, just entering his prime Culter)

S-O-J

#62 Mehl-56, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  3. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

You said we are gonna win with a run game and defense. Is asked what run game are you referring to with Clemens and Ratliff behind center? Who needs to get their head out of their asses?

4. Mehl-56

We were gonna have issues before Culter became available, you think it's gonna get better now that we didn't get him. We will be lucky to go 7-9 this year, with defenses crowding the line because we have no QB and now that makes the lack of a receiver even MORE of an issue...

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i'm aware of the highly mediocre season and am prepared for it. but the fact that this "the sky is falling" shit is continuing is absurd.

As a player and coach would say - get over it, move on, its over.

6. Bvon

Bvon New Member

We are an 8-8 team right now. With a QB like Cutler, we could be a 10 win team.

Also, if we get a playmaker like Boldin, we will have a very good pair of WRs. Freeman might be the man we draft afterall.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Ellis-92...i feel your pain, man. I was one of the posters leading the charge for Cutler....he was a one in a football lifetime chance that slipped away. But the team isn't dead and floating.....I think our defensive core looks formidable on paper, which hopefully translates into some positives this season (and that includes Gholston).

Sure...our QB situation still has question marks.....but it could be a lot worse. Our oline could still be in shambles for one instance.....but it's not.

If Clemens and Ratliff aren't the answer....then I hope we find someone in the 2010 draft.

There's no use pining for something that's already on a plane to Chicago. :)

8. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

LMAO at your complete refusal to even accept a slight possibility that we have a good QB on the roster. You can't stuff the box against any QB with an arm, Clemens has one and Ratliff has a better one. Down on the team, your one of those Jets fans that will continue to berate the team even if we go to the play-offs and Clemens is a pro bowler, its pathetic.

9. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Just a question but how does 3 picks cripple your team? This year one of those picks will probably be used on a QB so basically your giving away 2 picks. You guys value these picks a bit too much.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

stop embarrassing yourself.

11. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Boy could there be some potential in that draft class, it has the potential to be the best draft class in years when looking at the possible QB's :up:

12. Mehl-56

I'm not pining... I'm pissed that its being brushed off so lightly. This was a move that virtually had to be made. But the Jets always seem to be playing with scared money. This is just another example of it. I hope one day we get an owner and a GM with ballz enough to take a chance.

13. Mehl-56

Thats rich, and FYI... if it is, we won't be able to get any of the 3. Especially with denver sitting in Front of us now...

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

no...i value the depth these picks give our team....because one injury can torch your season away...unless you have substantial depth....which we DON'T.

15. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Using his bio from '05 and '06 to dispute the fact that he won the starting job over Rex Grossman in '08 is just, well, simian.

What's next, you gonna tell me Cutler's a great QB because he had a winning record in high school?

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

except you have to ignore that the Broncos may have been more inclined to trade him out of the AFC, so the Jets may have had to come up with a little more. you don't know that all the Jets had to do was match that or what they were being asked for. that's not even too hard to figure out. maybe everyone ignored you in the other threads because it wasn't worth responding to.

when ignored, start your own thread.

17. ........

........ Trolls

Ugh. Do you know why Minnesota didn't get Favre last year? Why Tampa didn't? It wasn't because they refused to offer the same compensation as the Jets. It's because GREEN BAY DIDN'T WANT TO DEAL WITH THEM. Just as Denver didn't want to deal with an AFC team. Just as Green Bay set it up to force Minnesota to give up multiple extra 1st rounders if they wanted to acquire Favre from us, Denver wouldn't have accepted similar compensation from an AFC team. They said so! It would not have been 3 picks. Can we please hear the end of the "We could have done the same deal" arguments? Denver did have a say in who they traded with, after all.

18. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

I would doubt the similar package from the Jets would have been accepted since the 1st round pick was lower, the QB is not as established and the Jets are in the AFC.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

he's talking about the 2010 draft, dude......and he's right. I was really apprehensive about the Jets dangling their 2010 1st rounder in that proposed deal.....i know it was a necessity to land Cutler....but man, that 2010 draft has some potential.

20. Mehl-56

If we had a good QB on the roster, we would not have had to trade for Farve. I've earned the right, having missed the Super Bowl by 2 years, the Jets have shit the bed ever since. A quality franchise makes multiple trips to Super Bowls. We have yet to be back. A quality franchise is competitive for the better parts history... again, this can not be said about the Jets. We do one thing consistently... and that's disappoint the fan base, who sell out the stadium every year, pay higher ticket prices than most franchises and get shit in return...

Take your argument somewhere else, cus it don't hold water