2009 1st, 2009 3rd, & 2010 1st is too much???

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SackXchange, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

WR's are easier to plug and play than the QB position. now that they have a viable option at QB, I wouldn't be surpized to see them go after Holt and/or Harrison... you think now they have a QB, they are going to stand idly by and not get him some targets??? Come on... be realistic please, and think.

I just a got a pro-bowl QB...hmm there are some good WR's out there we could sign...

It's not brain surgery

2. ........

........ Trolls

Yes. One of two dealbreakers we had to act against. McDaniels isn't going to take a blind risk. As it says, he got a guy who can adequately play in the system while he grooms someone for the system. That's not a one year process. Also, it clearly says he'll see an "uptick in production". An uptick from what he did last season would come close to or eclipse Cutler's production from last season. Orton's no Cutler, and he's no franchise QB, but he IS an adequate starter.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

history is being made...because i finally agree with 1290 on something. And to boot, Orton has a winning record (i think he's 10-5 as a starter).

4. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

So you in otherwords you are saying that having a Franchise Quarterback isnt that important? Yes we need weapons around him but why not start with the most important piece and build around them instead of vice versa. Say what you want about his attitude but the best players in any sport are arrogant. Mean to tell me Jordan wasnt arrogant or he didnt talk trash? Gimme a break. Cutler wants to win and is a winner...plain and simple. Seems as though you guys want a priest to qB the team or something.

5. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I'd be really curious to see if Denver would've picked the package they got over a similar one from the Jets including Clemens.

6. ........

........ Trolls

Really? I've agreed with 1290 on several things lately. His game has improved...for now, at least.

7. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

Orton had one good season. Plus he was Grossmans backup! Yes Rex Grossman. He is the worst starting QB in the history of the NFL. LOL

8. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Amen brother. However you might as well give up, no matter what you say, some people just won't listen to reason. Personally I'm just going to put the Cutler issue to bed, he is not here, and i would rather worry about our players. Lets move on.

9. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

How is Grossman the worst QB in the NFL? Did you miss the Super Bowl he was in a few years ago?

And what WRs has he had that would compliment him?

10. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Orton won the starting job last year. lolololololololololol

11. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

Dont let me list all the QBs to make it to the super bowl. Please. If hes so good what team is he on now? Oh yeah......NONE!!!!!

12. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Orton or Grossman would have started for the JETS..........:eek:hmy:

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I have no idea what they're gonna do....i don't have a chair at the table in their war room, like you apparently do....maybe you can keep us abreast of their decision-making then.....you know....since it's not brain surgery or anything :rofl:

14. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

To be fair, Grossman was essentially the MVP of that Super Bowl for the Colts. Still, he's far from the worst starting QB in the history of the NFL (obviously.)

As for the Cutler return, it's too early to say whether or not it was an overpayment. Immediate signs point to less, but if he gets the Bears over the hump they won't be missing a few draft picks (or Kyle Orton) to say the least. Also, to all those posters who insisted that the Broncos were in a "must sell" mode and had no leverage with which to negotiate: good call :rofl:

15. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I would've paid the price. We'll probably spend one of those firsts on a QB anyway. Obviously we didn't have enough ammo to get it done... life goes on.

16. ........

........ Trolls

10 - 5, 9 - 6. Those are his two seasons as a starter. Slice it how you will, that's two winning seasons. He was 2 - 1 in the middle season, when Grossman was the starter. He's never had a losing record.

Nice hyperbole, BTW.

17. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=138

They explain some of the worst seasons by some notedly bad QB's.

18. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Interesting who is the Bears backup QB? Maybe we could trade them Clemens.........:eek:hmy:

#38 JETSFAN1290, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  19. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Not gonna happen. The construction company he's working for wants way too much.

20. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

In 2005 Orton finished with the lowest quarterback rating in the NFL (59.7) among all "qualified" quarterbacks. Following the 2005 season, the Bears signed veteran Brian Griese as the team?s second string quarterback. Orton, now demoted, became the Bears? third-string quarterback, and did not see any playtime throughout the entire 2006 season. After the Bears lost their chances of making a post-season berth, Lovie Smith chose to start Orton over Griese, who served as Grossman?s back-up.The Bears finished the season with a 9-7 record, while missing the playoffs by one game.[12] Coach Lovie Smith was pleased with Orton's performance, and believed he would be the team' starting quarterback for the following season.[13] However, Jerry Angelo, the team's general manager, stated he wished to further solidify the quarterback position in the long run.[14]

WOW! What a resume. The Jets shouldve traded for him. LOL What else you got for me?