Cutler To Bears

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Apr 2, 2009.

1. ........

........ Trolls

Yeah, I hate him as the pick as well. That's probably why I'm talking myself into all of the discussions by draft forecasters of Freeman as smokescreening and of Harvin as sheer idiocy.

Perhaps we're trying to force the hand of a Tampa or a Detroit, someone looking for a QB. Get them to trade up, possibly with us, and move back to take Gilbert at a better spot. That would be nice.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i'm a fan of fortifying positions. That would be good shit.

3. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

Well Im glad the bears go him and I dout we are getting a quarterback this draft.

Lets just play with what we got this year and hit the draft for a qb next year.

I was not going to buy a Cutler jersey, no way.

4. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

no I said Orton was having a breakout season until he got hurt

5. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

How exactly are we getting a QB next year? Do you know whos available? Are you expecting us to be a 3 or 4 win team next year? BTW I guess you dont like successful quarterbacks who want to win. Go get yourself a Gholston jersey and how about a clue.

6. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

No doubt, some people only see in black and white here. It sucks that we couldn't grab a franchise QB but the reality of it is that we didn't really have a chance; you just have to deal and move on. If the guys don't work out, next year is going to be one of the deepest drafts in years, including at the QB position.

By the way I think Mayock is one of the best draft analysts, but I hope he's dead wrong on Freeman to the Jets. I'd much, much rather give Clemens and Ratliff a shot than try out Freeman, who doesn't impress me. There are other players who would give us much better value at the 17th pick than Freeman at positions of need.

7. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

If you look at what we would of been up against I'm glad that Mike T sat on his hands, look at the comparison in Stats between the two QB's in this deal last season:

Are you seriously telling me that a upgrade from Orton's stats (Who by the way had no receivers in Chicago) to Cutlers stats are worth two first round picks and a third round pick. Come on guys, how can anyone think it is worth that, if that is what the Bears had to give up to get it done, imagine what we would of had to give up.

Once again Mike T makes a great decision to let this one go. Congratulations Mike, i now have even more faith in the front office and team management that they know what the hell they are doing.

#287 RevisCB, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  8. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

im not mad on this one as i never really wanted cutler due to his attitude, and the fact that the jets simply couldnt match the bears offer

2 first a third and a starting qb is just way too much

9. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

I'm with you on hoping he is wrong, let Clemens and Ratliff battle it out and bring in a weapon for them, a Maclin if he is there (Probably not) or a Heyward-Bey. There are a ton of possibilities now.

10. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

People who believe this are friggin delusional... smash mouth!!! hahahaha... right...

11. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

Are you serously comparing Cutler to Orton? Do not do this to yourself. Just walk away now with your head down and stop embarassing yourself. Dont you think there is a reason half the league was interested in Cutler? Even teams with better QBs than the Jets?

12. Mehl-56

I'll tell ya whats going to piss me off the most. On Draft Day, the F/O is gonna panic, realizing they don't have a QB and trade vitually the same damn thing it would have taken get Culter to try and move up and get the left over scraps of the who ever is left of Sanchez/Freeman/Stafford...

This will happen, and I'll tell ya why... SOJ.

13. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

Ton of possibilites at #17. The best at their respective positions are not dropping to us at #17. Instead we will be left with the 2nd tier players. Makes you excited for the draft next season doesnt it? LOL

14. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

First off, run your posts through a spell checker and stop embarrassing yourself. Secondly I'm comparing them in relation to what you had to give up to make the difference, I'm not saying that Orton is as good as or better than Cutler, I am however saying that Orton is better than Cutler, two first round picks and a third round pick.

15. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

I agree. Especially if the Jets draft a Freeman I want all those fans who thought this was a good move today and getting Cutler to stand up and take the abuse. I didnt realize so many Jets fans were uninformed.

16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Move on

I wanted Cutler, we weren't able to pull it off, I believe we did try, the Bears gave up a lot, if we gave up the same amount (Clemens for Orton) I'd have been OK with it, but hey, we didn't so let's move on.

Start another Ratliffe thread...

17. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

Really now? So lets 1st off start by saying next years #1 pick will be in the late 1st Round. So are you telling me a Franchise QB just entering his prime who already is top 5 at his position is not worth more than Orton and a couple of picks with one of them obviously being a rookie QB? LOL

18. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

As per rotoworld...
    The compensation is quite fair for Denver considering the circumstances, but it's still an amazing coup for Chicago. You just don't often get a top-five quarterback entering his prime, and that's what Cutler is.

Enough said.

19. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Too big an overpayment. Not even pursuing Cutler as many fans hoped would have been downright negligent, but I'm ultimately glad that Tanny sat this one out. That said, we're still fucked at QB.

20. Mehl-56

Even though I hate rotoworld... that right there ladies and gentleman, is the moral of the story.