Cutler To Bears

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Apr 2, 2009.

1. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

+1 good post!

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

fuck.....we better have something in Clemens or Ratliff.......I'm tired of this franchise not having an elite QB.

3. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

Because??? what are you seeing everyday thats hurting your confidence in Ratliff and Clemens..

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

the only thing that could make this worse....is if we draft Josh Freeman in the first round.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm sorry. I must have missed that announcement by the Jets' coaching staff and front office. Do you have a link?

6. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Oh come on all you Jets haters... Chicago payed an absurd price... we were never going to pay that price! Let's build the TEAM and not just focus on the QB. Plus in a team with a dominating defense and a strong run game (and this IS what Ryan wants) there just isn't enough money to pay a QB like Cutler. And if you have them for him you surely can't have them for a good crop of recievers. In todays NFL you just can't be good in all areas... Let's evaluate our team and our FO after the draft.. up to now it's just all work in progress...

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

it's implied, man. Going after Favre and Cutler basically says their confidence in our current QBs is "shaky" at best.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Woody Johnson's confidence in our QBs ability to sell PSLs is all that we saw displayed this week. Anybody who thinks Ryan was talking Tanny and Woody into this trade is a retard.

9. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

2-14 here we come

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'll bring the Pepsi and the paper plates, you bring the bucket of sand.

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Ugh. I'm disappointed, but it would have sucked to give up so much for one player.

I'm not giving Clemens or Ratliff any leeway next season. I want to see results.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Nah, we are going to meet the president.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I agree with you on your PSL comment....that's all Woody gives a shit about...and was pretty much the driving force behind our involvement in this trade talk.

I guess I'm just bummed because we were pretty close to getting a "proven" franchise QB.......nobody that's over the hill or has a noodle arm or is an undrafted project...an actual, proven QB commodity.

I'm glad we didn't give up the farm like Chitown did......but still....it's a little disappointing.

14. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

Not sure how that is an absurd price.

An expendable QB and two expensive and risky draft picks of significance.

A team needs a QB like Cutler to be a perennial contender, so if "Ryan's team" predicates that there isn't money for a very good to great QB then this team is will fail until the next coach comes.

As for the bolded part, in the NFL, there is the Quarterback and then every other position. Quarterback is not an area that you just write-off. (You'd think Jets fans would realize that almost more than any other fan base.)

15. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

I think the Broncos got the better end of this deal.

16. NEJets

NEJets Member

This is a huge deal for Denver. Chicago paid toooo much. Make no mistakes, I like to see in Jets uniform. But anything more 2 first rounds is too much of price to pay. I am glad we didn't go that far.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

they raped Chicago.....

18. SackXchange

SackXchange New Member

Giving up #17 this season, a 3rd, and lets say for arguments sake a pick in the 20s next season for Cutler is a lot??? Are you guys smoking something?

Also with the Jets getting a Favre and attempting to trade for Cutler implies they have zero confidence in our QBs.

I just dont get why EVERYONE isnt infuriated over what we just missed out on. Whens the last time the Jets won? When was the last time we had that Franchise QB? I rest my case.

19. ........

........ Trolls

And that's the right approach. Chicago didn't even give up the farm, considering that they traded off Orton in the process, but the price we'd have required was too high. It's disappointing. I don't get those who are furious we didn't pay whatever it took or those who are glad we didn't make a push. It falls somewhere in the middle. Nothing good, nor bad, came of it.

20. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

How is it so much.

There is a good chance the Jets were/are going to draft a QB in the first round if one of the top 2/3 are available.

So, the deal like CHI's would have meant essentially an extra 1st rounder, a 3rd rounder and pick of one of the three crappy QBs the Jets have.