Cutler To Bears

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Apr 2, 2009.

1. ........

........ Trolls

I agree that Clemens has as much potential as Orton. Perhaps more. However, Denver was only going to look at tangible numbers in any sort of trade scenario. They weren't interested in Kellen for that reason.

I'll give you the fact that the Colts looked rusty in their game. A better argument, however, would have been that Forte and ST were much more responsible for that victory. The Eagles, however, had destroyed the Rams, lost by 4 to the Cowboys on the road, and beaten the Steelers in their first 3 games. I'd hardly call that terrible. Their weak stretch came right in the middle of the season.

2. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Absolutely 100% correct!!

3. ........

........ Trolls

Or, it could be that Woody wants something other than what they currently have. Favre and Cutler are sure fire ticket sellers. I don't see a trade happening for anyone else, and it's at least possible that Rex is in fact happy with what we have.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You're preachin to the choir pardner.. You and I both know that. I've gotta think that after the hard lesson this team just learned with Farve, they'll start making better decisions and this is first. At the very least, they're not acting out of desperation and perhaps, for the first time in decades, going in with a philosphy that is predicated on a stout defense first and foremost..

5. al greenspam

al greenspam New Member

Well, maybe the jets can trade for Jason Campbell. Gotta luv how the dominoes might fall here: Cutler gets pissed and demands a trade because his team tried to acquire a different QB, and now who could blame Campbell if he did the same?

I wouldn't give more than a 2nd for Cambell, tho.

6. ........

........ Trolls

ESPN.com has flipped its story and now is reporting what everyone else has: 2009 #1, #3, 2010 #1, Kyle Orton to the Broncos 2009 #5 to the Bears.

No way in hell should we have topped this. For us, an AFC team with no QB that Denver wanted, to beat this would have taken both #1s, a #3, and likely this or next year's #2.

7. Mehl-56

ok... so we pretty much agree that when they played the Colts, they were just bad, and the Eagles for arguments sake we'll say were an up and down team all friggin year... they were jeckle and hyde all season... regardless, we could have gotten this deal done, for about the same, and actually finally really addressed what I'd consider the # 1 problem on this team for almost the last decade. QB play at HIGH level. someone who can make ALL the throws, and is a legitamate pro bowl QB. So while you say, it's a good thing we didn't make the deal, I say it's a terrible thing, and I for one am getting abolutely sick to my stomach of watching the SAME OLE JETS every god damn Sunday. I'm coming up on 36 years old, and my team has yet to go to a Super Bowl because we continiously miss the boat.

8. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

I guess, if you consider 3 years a rental. I think that the fact that they knew they could control him for 3 years as a reason they gave up so much for him.

I agree that they probably did give up too much. But I say that because I have my doubts about Cutler long term anyway.

9. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I guess that would depend on what position you're betting at. If nobody else has bet, it might be worth pushing everyone out, assuming you haven't seen the turn or river yet.

10. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

If there going to do that than give Ratliffe a good oppurtunity to win the job, Clemens reminds me of Al Woodall...

11. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Dammit, dammit, dammit.

Been saying this for a week.

Two firsts and KC would have been about right. Fuck an extra 3rd.

I woulda paid it, but am happy we get to keep the picks.

12. Mehl-56

Thats speculation and you know it... you can't know that for sure... we had just as much chance of getting him with a package very similar to the one the Bears sent to Denver... and that's the long and the short of it.

13. ........

........ Trolls

I wanted Cutler, as I stated, and it would have been great if Denver gave us the same deal. However, they stated they A) Didn't want Clemens and B) Didn't want to deal with an AFC team. As much as we may want a surefire franchise QB, we couldn't get the same deal done. Ours would have sacrificed a whole lot more than we should have and were willing to.

14. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Unless he puts the Bears over the top, they gave up too much. Do you think that the idea of Cutler on the Vikings got the Bears to extend themselves this far? I mean there must've been some other pretty strong bids out there.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

thats speculation and you know it... you can't know that for sure.... where is the QB that started 2 full years on the Jets roster to trade with Denver? They had more to offer.

16. ........

........ Trolls

Of course I can't know for sure, but again, what do you think it would have taken given the fact that we KNOW Denver didn't want Clemens and didn't want to deal with an AFC team?

17. Mehl-56

Again... how do we know they didn't want Clemens... they took Orton, a average at best back up in this league

18. ........

........ Trolls

I don't know why the deal was done, but I know that I'd have done it. Orton's not going to see the field with Cutler there, and they remove his salary from the books.

I'd imagine they were more in competition with the Skins' offer, hence the extra pick.

19. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

The Jets just didn't have QB the Broncos could plug in as at least a stopgap to the next one they draft. Orton should be able to handle running an offense similar to what Cassel ran in NE last year. And he'll have similar weapons in Marshal, Royal, and Gaffney, as well as the TE Sheffler.

20. e-x

e-x New Member

orton would have been cut anyways, he was a throw in