Cutler To Bears

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ........, Apr 2, 2009.

1. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Valid point. Truthfully I love Sanchez. I think one of the surest things of this draft is he is going to develop into a starting-caliber qb and be a solid starter for the duration of his career. I can't see him falling past Jacksonville AND San Fran. One of those teams needs to take him.

However, if by some craziness he did, it's now more then likely in my opinion that Denver goes Sanchez at 12.

2. ........

........ Trolls

If Clayton's right, and not the Chicago beat writer, that's a steal for Chicago.

3. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Yes, the trade is:

Cutler + 3rd

for

09 1st, 10 first, and Orton.

according to Clayton.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Denver got a great deal. I would have pulled that trigger too. Orton can start in 2009 for them, plus 2 first rounders etc. Good deal for Denver. Hopefully Cutler plays well in Chicago.

5. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Keep telling yourself Orton was good...we could have gotten Culter and a 3rd back for 2 firsts and Clemens for a McDaniels type offense. Orton is a poor man's Pennington if that even possible... (The deal with Chicago is 2 firsts and Orton to Denver for Cutler and a 3rd)... a better option that Orton IMO.

6. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I'm really happy about this. Jets would have to have really given the Broncs a lot more to get him.

This will allow Ryan to focus on building a great 'D' and obtaining a big time wide reciever - which should be of tremendous help for the young QBs - a good reciever corp can only make a QB feel more confident and enhance his field 'vision'.

7. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Yea the broncos gave a later round pick back to the bears ...so chicago gave up two first rounders and orton

8. ........

........ Trolls

Well, they still didn't want to trade with us. They were clear all along that they didn't want to deal him within the AFC. The picks likely would have been swapped and more for us.

9. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Wow. If Denver had to give up a third in this deal my opinion does change. They get two first round picks and Orton, but the third is what they should be getting, not giving. This makes this move all the better for Chicago.

10. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I would have made that deal if we had a QB they wanted. Orton has played and won some games, a more attractive guy in return than either of our guys as of now. Then again, you never know what we have, maybe we'll still find out yet.

11. quadcityjetsfan76

I live in Illinois and unfortunately I have to watch and hear about the Bears and the Packers quite a lot. I grew up a Bear fan by default, until i was old enough to make decisions based on something other than heredity. I do still occasionally watch the Bears with the friends and family. Orton is not a bad QB. he is in need of an offense that will exploit his talents (shotgun). Until he has that he will only show flashes of above mediocrity.

12. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Bearsover-paid

13. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Damn that was one of the last teams that I would've thought would land Jay Cutler. Oh well on to the draft!!

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

you can't send Clemens because he has not had a full season like Orton in 2005 who went 11-5 that year... stop spinning orton into a shitty QB. Clemens doesn't work because if i'm the opposing GM i'm laughing at you for mentioning him.

Who the fuck is Jay McDaniels?

15. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Yeah I guess not. Looking at his stats he had 3 good games there against Det, Atl, and Min and then one against Houston at the end of the season.

16. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Orton's weapons were Clark, Olsen, Lloyd and Hester yet he was killing it up until his injury last season. All he had was Matt Forte to work with......Even his O-Line was getting old and they were in need of a tackle upgrade too.

Orton shrugged off his "Flacco like" year 1 when he helped the Bears make the SB(He didnt do too good dont get me wrong but he managed the game pretty much) and he had himself a very good year last season.

I am happy NYJ didnt do this deal, that is way too much for Cutler sorry. A 1st, 3rd AND future 1st and a NFL Starter for a QB and a 5th? Naw sorry Charlie.

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Well, we are screwed...our QB will either be Quinn or Anderson or we will have to waste picks to trade up for Sanchez or Stafford...just let that sink in for a minute.

18. ........

........ Trolls

Sources are mixed. ESPN is the only one reporting the Broncos gave up a 3rd. Everything else I'm seeing has the deal the other way.

19. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Don't take their 3rd and give a 4th or 5th. This sucks!

20. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Absolutely delighted with this. Now we can stop the madness and get on with the off-season