Official Cutler on the trade block news, rumor and speculation thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yes, realistically only Harris and Washington are tradable. Clemens is but he would just be backup for them.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

jesus Ecko....i didn't know you had any chips left after you threw them all in on that hooker :smile:

sorry bro...couldn't resist.

3. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

unless the redskins give 2 1sts,i think our offer will be much more attractive, we have ALOT better talent on D especially for the 3-4 Harris 17+ a second in 10 or Another lesser player, GET IT DONE

4. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Source: Cutler trade imminent - Redskins

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/Redskins-Cutler-trade-42337677.html

The Redskins are close to completing a deal for Denver quarterback Jay Cutler, according to an NFL source.
    The source, who told The Examiner of the Redskins? interest in Cutler two weeks ago, was uncertain what Washington had to surrender in the deal and said it?s ?going down as we speak.? The Redskins have shopped current starter quarterback Jason Campbell.

The source had said in a separate conversation about five minutes earlier that Washington appeared to be bumped from the favorite position in favor of another team, possibly Cleveland. However, after hanging up he quickly called back to say, ?It changed.?

5. RAGINGVILMA

RAGINGVILMA New Member

Source: Cutler trade imminent

By John Keim
    Examiner Staff Writer 4/3/09

The Redskins are close to completing a deal for Denver quarterback Jay Cutler, according an NFL source said.

The source, who told The Examiner of the Redskins' interest in Cutler two weeks ago, was uncertain what Washington had to surrender in the deal and said it's "going down as we speak." The Redskins have shopped current starter quarterback Jason Campbell.

The source had said in a separate conversation about five minutes earlier that Washington appeared to be bumped from the favorite position in favor of another team, possibly Cleveland. However, after hanging up he quickly called back to say, "It changed."
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/Redskins-Cutler-trade-42337677.html

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I smell Vinny Cerrato and Dan Snyder overpaying in a huge way for Cutler.

It'll be interesting to see if Cutler does for Denver what Herschel Walker did for the Cowboys.

7. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I hate Washington that much more now.

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I can't wait to see what the Skins had to give up in the deal.

9. Don

I guess we will see if Tannenbaum really is prepared for a bidding war. (Oh, and that is a Washington paper, not even the major paper there)

Even funnier it's posted with tomorrow's date..is this really the Onion?

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

If the Skins give up their first rounder in this deal, the Broncos will have back-to-back picks in the first round: 12 and 13.

11. SameOldJets2008

danm, i hope that if wash get him they give up some ridiculous amounts like two 1's + a player, who does wash have thats any good?

12. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

this report is hearsay just as much as the jets being frontrunnets reports. nothing is certain until it is official and besides that, tanny is ready for a bidding war so i guess this is where it starts, no?

13. GreenMachine

This years 1st, Next years first, Clinton Portis and Tom Cruse's phone number..:rofl:

14. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

All these rumors are crazy. It would not surprise me at all to see Harris, or possibly even rhodes go in a deal, and honestly, i was against it before, but I know Cutler is the real deal. It's once in a lifetime that a QB as talented as he is, just entering the prime of his career is on the market.

I say do whatever it takes without touching Revis. I say anyone else can go. And for once, I have confidence that our FO will do everything and anything possible to get that deal done.

If we do acquire Jay, I think there could be a pretty magical feeling surrounding this team and on this board come December and January. Cutler could be the answer.

15. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

2 first rounders and Campbell... rediculous...

16. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Brilliant, looking forward to the deal being completed. Hopefully it's sooner rather than later.

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Santana Moss, Antwan Randle El, Clinton Portis, Jason Campbell, Chris Cooley, LaRon Landry, and Carlos Thomas are all good players.

Apparently, Campbell and Cooley are on the block.

18. SameOldJets2008

2 1's def, but what player, It has to be an established starter, thats young. I'd say Laron Landry but i really dont know anyone else on the Redskins

19. Don

Rhodes can't go..15.5 mil cap hit if he does.

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

According to what i saw on ESPN they said Cutler could be traded as early as friday.

I also think Cleveland would want Cutler for themselves since they are uncertain with both Quinn & Anderson, why wouldn't they want to swing a deal for themselves?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.