Official Cutler on the trade block news, rumor and speculation thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

The Moss situation is a bad comparison. Randy Moss was proven malcontent (many times over), not 25, not a QB and was coming three sub-par years and was injured. (Also, we're talking about the Raider here.)

Cutler's value will be determined by the market, not due to any discontent between the Broncos and Cutler.

2. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I call Snyder's bluff if i'm Mike T...I know Snyder is holding a pair of Nines. While my boy Mike T has a pair of Kings, the good ole' Kowboys. Just make the move Mike...

I'm All-In
    [​IMG]

3. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

The only problem with that BVON is we need our draft this year, we need depth on the line, we need a blocking TE, and we need a WR who will stretch the field.

4. Bvon

Bvon New Member

This is true, the more teams who are looking at him, the higher the price of getting him will be. There has to be a limit on what the Jets would be willing to offer for him. Cannot get rid our this good D we have built, that is my biggest worry.

5. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

WOW Just got done reading posts and todays Daily News it looks like its...............CUTLER OR BUST.

6. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Exactly, completely agree. I think that we will be initial bidders, but when the price starts rising to 1-2 first round picks, and 1-2 talented players, we will soon drop out and get on with finding out who is going to start this season, Clemens or Ratliff.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

correct....we still have holes to fill. Sacrificing our entire draft would be detrimental to the team's development.

8. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

If the post are saying get him then you know it's a bad idea :up:

9. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

It's ironic that the Broncos are now the one's who aren't returning phone calls. Are they taking a page out of Cutler's book?

In this day and age, people still can't communicate. Fascinating.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

All I would say about that is that the Jets must think they know what they have in Clemens and Ratliff. They do get to see them in practice everyday. They did trade for Favre last year and still wanted Favre back this year. They have looked at Sanchez and yesterday contacted Stafford to schedule a private workout mid April. That tells me that ven if they don't get Cutler they are getting another QB anyway. It may be Quinn, it may be Anderson, it may be Sanchez or Stafford too. To get either of those last two they will probably have to trade up. When you compare all of them to Cutler then 2 1st round picks seem like a pretty safe bet. You can be sure it won't be Cutler or Ratliff no matter what.

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

According to that article...they're not taking phone calls....just texts and emails because of the high threshold of calls. It makes sense.....it's not a PBC fundraiser over there, they dont' have 20 people answering phones :wink:

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what time we might hear about news on Cutler?

13. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

They might as well hire Jerry Lewis and turn it into a telethon.....:rofl:

14. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

4:30pm EST :wink:

15. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

all i know is that this deal getting done by friday would make this one hell of a weekend

16. ........

........ Trolls

4:30 PM EST

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

they've worked out 4 or 5 QBs so far.

18. ........

........ Trolls

The idea of a bidding war scares the shit out of me, given what it would take for Denver to send him within conference. As has been stated, Rhodes and Revis each count $10 million against the cap in a trade (Rhodes $15.5 million if cut, Revis $8 million). Neither one is a possibility. Harris is, which leaves a hole at ILB and means we sacrifice our 2nd round WR. Who else would be available? Leon. I don't like the idea of 3+ draft picks OR either of those players going away. The idea of this trade is getting worse with every announcement. Let's hope the next announcement we hear is either 2 1sts from us, or another team picking him up.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Just noticed I meant to say won't be Clemens or Ratliff no matter what..wonder if that was one of those Freudian slips.

20. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

thats the answer to all time questions from now on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.