Official Cutler on the trade block news, rumor and speculation thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If we get Cutler, who is going to make the #6 Jets jersey avatar with the name PSL?

2. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

so if Denver is asking for AT LEAST two first rounders.. and in order for Cutler to be a Jet we need to "substantially" outbid all the other interested teams, what are the Jets going to have to give?? Two first rounders and a conditional pick that can go up to a 2nd? i think this is way to much especially since there is a chance that Ratliff could have the tools to be a successful QB...

YES IT IS A SLIM CHANCE... im not sayin there is any guarantee he will be good, or evn decent, and i dont think there is any chance he will put up Cutler-like numbers.. but with an asking price as high as Cutler's is... how can you make this trade..

3. Bvon

Bvon New Member

I say if they want our 1st rounder this year and next, that's fine with me.

We can use that 2nd rounder this year to snag the WR we need.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I volunteer.

5. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

I see what your saying.. but Cassel isn't anywhere as impactful to a team as Cutler is.. Cutler is a top QB.. and KC sucks.. the thing withthe Jets is that they are possibly a top QB away from superbowl contending team... maybe thats pushing it a lil.. but becuz the Jets are a better team compared to the others offering for Cutler.. its going to be a lil harder..

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Denver really doesn't have a say...they're letting the market dictate the price. If the article is correct, and they're being "flooded" with requests for Cutler...they're gonna hit paydirt. And then i read Tannenbaum is prepared for a bidding war....to me, that means all bets are off....nobody is safe. Woody has given the green light.

I mean...there has to be a ceiling....Tanny isn't going to cripple the team.....but you can forget about players like Revis, Harris, Rhodes and Jenkins being untouchable. The only one being untouchable would probably be Bart Scott given he was just signed.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Yeah, my thought too and we will need a receiver...right now we have nothing for a QB like Cutler to throw to.

8. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Just noticed the location listed in your avatar. Now I see the need for the mask.

9. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

10. Don

I agree but some people thought Cassell was great. Anyway, they didn't ask for a premium because he was staying in the conference. They got probably what he was worth.

11. Bvon

Bvon New Member

This could be really bad if you think about it.

Could you imagine if he tosses this years 1st, next years 1st, Harris AND Rhodes?

Fuck, that would be really awful.

12. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

If we do this we will be losing our games 21-27 instead of winning them 14-9.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Yeah....I want a franchise QB...but that price is a tad steep, even for my standards. That would cripple our defense.

14. Don

That point has been made but what he doesn't talk about is the 10 or 15 or 20 teams that are swamping Denver with calls trying to get him. Is this guy right and all of those GMs wrong? What does he know that they don't?

15. Bvon

Bvon New Member

Broncos get
    Jets 1st rounder 2009
    Jets 3rd Rounder 2009
    Browns 2nd rounder 2009
    Brady Quinn

Browns get
    Kerry Rhodes
    Broncos 2nd rounder 2009

Jets get
    Jay Cutler
    Braylon Edwards

There, we got our QB and WR. Everyone happy?

LOL

16. Don

Can't trade Rhodes either..15.5 million cap hit if he does..they currently are 10.6 under and have to pay the rookies out of that..do the math.

17. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

I would consider not watching next year if this happens, especially after we are 0-4 and everyone is posting threads to fire Ryan, fire Shotty, and bench Cutler.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

bang on, GH.

Cutler would be a great addition...and I wouldn't hesitate giving up one defensive player....but more than one is out of the question.

Like i said in a previous post....i have to believe Tanny has a "ceiling" in mind, that he won't exceed...when the bidding begins. Hopefully he sticks to it.

19. Bvon

Bvon New Member

I want to be able to keep our D as it is and get Cutler. We can do this by giving up out whole draft this year and toss in a #1 in 2010, wouldn't you think?

I want to see Rex work his magic with this team.

20. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Not wrong, but i think what he is trying to say is that we have unknown commodities, you don't go spending millions when you potentially could have it in house, which could potentially save you a lot of money, and a lot of talent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.