Official Cutler on the trade block news, rumor and speculation thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

got a link, Don?

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Here

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...jets_show_they_are_mile_high_about_bronc.html

"The Broncos appear to be taking a methodical approach to what could develop into one of the most memorable player auctions in recent league history. Wednesday, they received calls from teams - it's believed the Jets were one of them - but the Broncos didn't set a price, didn't set a deadline and made no mention of wanting a quarterback in return, according to a person with knowledge of the process."

Of course things can change.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I believe Cutler is just doing some "damage control" on his image by saying he doesn't want to be traded.

5. MeanGreens08

MeanGreens08 Member

Its official i cannot wait for the draft to start. I think Im more sick of hearing about Cutler than i was about Favre last year...

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Hmm...what's this about

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

He doesn't want to live in DC. Haha.

8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

thats his agent doing damage control on the concept the Broncos created of his "diva attitude".

9. ........

........ Trolls

Exactly. It's posturing. Bus Cook has great experience with it after trying to spin the Brett Favre affair all last offseason.

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

True, but now instead of a diva he looks like a retard

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

ive said it numerous times I think Cutler is talented but at this point I'm seriously ready to just watch him go to the Redskins or some NFC team and keep our draft picks.

then TGG.com can go back to being itself and not tradetheteamforcutler.com or cutlersucks.com

trading draft picks is one thing, but seeing so many fans so ready to get rid of our key defensive players on a team with a defensive HC, no thanks.

also people forget Cutler plays in a joke of a division, he'll have his work cut out for him in ours if he ever even made it here.

12. Kramer

Kramer Member

From Rotoworld:

In addition to the Redskins, the Jets have reportedly been "aggressive" in their pursuit of Jay Cutler so far.
    The Bucs have also shown interest, and the Lions and Bears are involved. Denver would rather deal Cutler outside the conference, which seems to give Tampa Bay, Washington, Chicago and Detroit the best chances of landing him.

13. Coach K

Coach K New Member

yeah the report came out yesterday the Broncos are looking to deal him to an NFC team.

i really dont see the Jets landing him unless its a trade that has half the board pulling their hair out and the other half circle jerking on the NFLShop website for their Cutler jersey to become available.

14. ........

........ Trolls

And if they are determined to deal him to an NFC team, as you say, and we'd have to pay through the nose, I don't want him either.

It's been established, BTW, that Rhodes and Revis can't possibly be included in the deal. We'd be pushed over the cap by either one due to prorated bonus money, and that's before adding Cutler's contract.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

sorry if this was posted already....per rotoworld:

16. neid92

neid92 Well-Known Member

This is from Rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=141945

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that a Jay Cutler trade could come by as early as Friday.

Mort says Denver wants "at least" two first-round picks and doesn't need a passer in return. Only the Lions and Eagles hold two first-rounders in this year's draft, so other clubs will have to give up future picks to execute a deal. The Redskins and Jets are known to be in active pursuit at this time. Apr. 2 - 9:27 am et

17. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

We might be off the hook. I'll gladly give up this years 1st and next years 1st as long as we don't have to give up players!

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Lately I'm finding that I am less and less impressed with the predicitons of these guys like Mortenson and Clayton. They just get it so wrong so often. Right here, Mort is making a pretty broad and wild speculation and he can't possibly have a solid source to back that up, it's just a sensational headline. People don't pay attention to 'could' much less than they pay attention to 'as early as Friday'.

19. ........

........ Trolls

The problem is, other teams may say the same thing. If this turns into a bidding war, it's going to cost us too much. Let's see how many other teams stay in the process with this news. I'd be willing to go 2 firsts, but I wouldn't want to see much more on the table, if anything. Again, it all depends on how much of an upgrade you feel he brings.

20. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

I think a franchise QB would be huge, and I'd give up lots of picks, because picks are just that, unproven players... but hwen you start talkign guys like Harris, or Revis or even Rhodes, then I have to step back a little and ask myself... what if Ratliff is the real thing... are we just giving up players for nothing?

Hard to say... Also Cutlers attitude during this entire process has not really helped his image in my eyes... can this guy really handle the NY media?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.