Leon Washington?s Erratic New Agent

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WhiteShoeWillis, Apr 2, 2009.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2009/04/02/link-leon-washingtons-erratic-new-agent/

I don't like the sound of this at all.

2. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

No sir. I'm fairly sure that Leon believes he'll be paid like a top running back in this league, with a mind set on being the feature back. While I love what he brings to the squad, he's a compliment guy, a great part of a 1-2 punch, but not the base of an offense. Contract time is not going to be easy.

3. ........

........ Trolls

No kidding. Hopefully the Hall contract signals that this guy has learned his lesson, but the Smith incident just reeks of inexperience. That's something that NO player should EVER do at the combine.

4. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

This doesn't look pretty.

5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

shit, why did Leon do this? I bet Keels is a great pitchman to players, but he obviously is a egomaniac who's youth is clouding good decisions, making players only a few years older than him make terrible decisions.

i wonder if the Gale Sayers comparison came from Leon's mouth, but was thought up by his agent.

This young hotshot better not hurt this team.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

ughhh...they should've locked him up before he had a chance to change agents....this could get ugly and in a hurry.

8. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Once Thomas Jones moves on, I wouldn't mind Leon being the feature guy in a 1-2 punch with a power back coming off the bench to spell him.. But with TJ around, this wouldn't happen for a couple years

I would pay Leon something close to starter money, but nothing absurd..

#8 JetFanInPA, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  9. ........

........ Trolls

Let's not overreact. While I'm as surprised as anyone that Leon chose to sign with him, as he doesn't strike me as the self-absorbed asshole type that generally deals with Keels, I'd also suspect that the Jets FO will appeal to Leon himself. He has been reported as asking for something in the neighborhood of $4 million. I really don't think that's an unthinkable number for someone of his caliber. He could be paired with a cheaper, bruising type back and become our main back, if not a traditional feature back.

10. Coach K

Coach K New Member

wow, 4 mil a year. thatd be dirt cheap for as good as he is. if thats really the number than the Jets shouldve been all over this. I literally mean that.

Leon=best player on offense.

its funny how everyone uses the argument RB's are easy to replace. very seldomly do you find someone whos as effective as him in every facet of the game.

point in case pay the fuckin guy and lock him up

11. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I agree. Leon doesn't come off as an egomaniac. He's all about the team and playing whatever role he thinks will help the team win. I'm not happy with this new agent, but I'm also not panicking.

Leon has done all the right things to make the organization proud of him during the off-season and in getting involved in community activities, so I don't think this will turn into an ugly situation.

12. ........

........ Trolls

In a recent interview, he said he was currently in negotiations with the team. My guess is that they're hesitant to do anything until their other FA necessities and draft signings are over, so they see what's left in the tank. They could sign Leon to an extension right now, but it sounds like he's after a new deal. Depending on how much cash we're left with, either could happen.

13. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Keel Haul 'em, Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

[​IMG]

14. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

Who wants to bet that Leon will be on the next flight to Denver??

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'll bet you 100 trillion billion dollars that he isn't.

16. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

4 million a year sounds a little low in terms of his expectations. If thats truly what it's going to take, I wouldn't mind the money but rather the length of the deal. Unfortunately players like Leon don't age well. But I really think given the chance, he can be a Westbrook type back for a couple of years.

17. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

I was just thinking that. Pack him up and ship him out.

18. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

i dont think this will be anywhere near as ugly cuz leon is not that kind of guy. he comes off as a stand up guy who helps the community and is team first. leon will be a jet for years to come (at least i hope)

19. ........

........ Trolls

I'd be pissed if that's what we gave up for Cutler. Not worth it in the slightest.

20. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Getting rid of LW hurts our offense & special teams. There are certain players that are just worth too much to your organization to let walk. LW is one of those players.
    Revis is the other, IMO. While we have other players that are on their way to stardom(Rhodes, Harris), i don't think any are of the value of LW or Revis.