Official Cutler on the trade block news, rumor and speculation thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ........

........ Trolls

Agreed. We'd probably watch him turn into an All-Pro overnight with another team. Almost like he appeared out of thin air.

2. ReservoirDog76

ReservoirDog76 New Member

I'll give up this entire draft before I give up Revis, Rhodes, or Harris.

3. ........

........ Trolls

Even Mike Harris?

4. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Shit, if we trade Mike Harris I'll be furious. He's the face of this franchise.

5. ........

........ Trolls

Me too. I just fucking ordered his jersey, and now they talk about trading him? Unbelievable. He was our best MLB.

6. ReservoirDog76

ReservoirDog76 New Member

Mike Harris is untouchable, we all know this.

7. al greenspam

al greenspam New Member

This Mike Harris fellow sounds amazing! I, too, will order his jersey, and make sure it spells out "Mike Harris" on the back, so that everyone knows exactly who my favorite football player of all time is.

8. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Makes sense. They could send Jason Campbell to the Broncos and he can join a cast of high payed winers. Good place for turd Cutler.

9. I hate Revis

I hate Revis Member

Can't see it. Campbell is not a proven winner and not the fit that their coach wants. He is either looking at Sanchez which I think will be a bust or Brady Quinn who hasn't won or loss in this league yet but does fit his system. Remember he played for Charlie Weiss. If you think they will only take a 1 and Campbell you must be crazy. Denver will ask for two number 1 and a defensive starter. Now how can Washington fit him under the cap if they can't trade Campbell? I think the Jets have a chance on Cutler but Cleveland has to be involved. They may not get Sanchez since Seattle may now pick him which puts Brady Quinn their objective which helps the jets since Mangini wants some of his former players beside draft picks.

10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

The Guy with that avatar but with the machete is fucking cool!

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Why would Denver want Jason Campbell? They would be better off taking a chance with a rookie.

Oh, and there is nothing at all on NFL.com or ESPN.com that talks about Washington and Denver at all.

This is the closest thing to it and that is being reported by the Washington Post, not ESPN. The article is even more ridiculous in the fact that it doesn't mention the Jets as an interested team and everybody knows better. They told the Broncos 2 weeks ago they were interested.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-7-23/Early-morning-Cutler-update.html

#551 Don, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Well we were a half of football away from the superbowl in '98.

13. Don

I dunno..Parcells gave up a 1st and a 3rd to our bitterest of rivals to get Curtis Martin. When asked he said at the time that he couldn't draft anybody that would be as good as Martin was. He was probably right and Martin lasted a little over 7 years and played great for the Jets.

Here we are now and people worry about what we might have to give up to get a franchise QB. There are only 6 or 7 of them in the league and generally they last much longer than any RB will.

Who are we going to draft that would be better?

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Nobody. At least Cutler is a proven player. All you get with draft picks is a crap shoot and a lot of $ laid out.
    I just don't want to see this team torn apart to get him.I'd sooner give up the picks then our proven players. Especially on defense.

15. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Cake and eat it too Don. Your post makes total sense..yet the thought of giving up great draft picks hurts. I'm completely torn on this except for one thing..dont give up any of the possible...possible future stars on defense.

It makes no sense to sign free agent studs on defense and then trade one that was on your roster to start with.

But what if Cutler is the next Manning, Brady etc...what if he is just a stat machine that isn't a "winning" QB. Gambles all over the place.

I'm trying to stick with "great defenses win super bowls with average qb's" philosophy...but thats not easy to do.

16. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I understand this talk about a three way trade with Cleveland, but assuming Denver is okay taking one of their Qb's, which is certainly something of an assumption, then why wouldn't Cleveland just be better off putting together the package themselves? I don't understand why they need the Jets involved to pull off a deal with Denver.

17. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

Denver would prolly like a qb back, but we don't have one. Cle wants to trade their qbs, but presumably not for cutler. Nyj want cutler. 3-way between these teams gets the broncos a qb nd draft picks for cutler, cle gets picks for their qb, and we get our qb. Understand?

18. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that assumes Cleveland would rather start Quinn or Anderson over Cutler. Cutler is the better Qb than either of those guys. I DO understand your point, but if you were a Cleveland fan, who would you want as your Qb?

The irony here is that the relatively mediocre to average quality of the Cleveland Qb's in fact makes it somewhat less likely that Denver would want to deal with them in the first place, but ftr I also do not think Denver will be much interested in Campbell from DC.

Perhaps in the end Denver figures one of the Cleveland Qb's is the best they can get, but I still see Cleveland able to do that deal themselves and preferring Cutler to either of their current Qb's.

But I've been wrong before...

19. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

if we trade two first round picks for this guy Id say Tanny has lost his mind

20. Don

I read something this morning that said as of now Denver isn't even asking for a QB and may be interested in Sanchez.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.