Official Cutler on the trade block news, rumor and speculation thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

this rumor is based on a phone call that happened between Vinnie Cerrato and Mike Shanahan back in Feb......i wouldn't put a lot of starch into this.

Plus...it was Mike Lombardi and Mike Florio speculating about this on NFL Network.....basically...Tweedle-Dumb and Tweedle-Dumber.

2. McCluneNYJ

McCluneNYJ Active Member

If it gets Cutler off our radar, then I am all for it.

This team will be no better than 10-6 with Cutler as QB.

This team will be no better than 10-6 with Clemens/Ratliff as QB.

It just doesn't make sense to give up multiple draft picks in two of the deepest drafts in recent memory.

Tanny, please pass.

3. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

You kidding me? When is the last time we had a QB throw for over 4000 yards? 1998...

4. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

jesus...can we stop with all these cutler threads...

i heard cutler was starting his own franchise? is it true?

5. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Well, Sir, I Certainly Hope So...

As somebody once said, "now that there is a consummation devoutly to be wished."

6. Wolfe Tone

Wolfe Tone New Member

This is one of the weakest drafts in a long time, I hope you are joking,although you are right about next year being a big year

7. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Then, Of Course, There Is A Physical Issue, Too...

I don't know who the Denver sawbones was that suggested to Pat Bowlen that this gentleman's diabetes was stable. However, the "winning schmuck" NFL team will have to get some series subject matter experts to do a Lloyds of London quality medical evaluation before they will be willing to insure any contract that Mr. Cutler will sign.

What are the chances that he stays stable through the length of the contract that he is going to be asking for now...? Remember, the last "long-term" contract he signed was before anybody knew he was diabetic....

The risk management folks could have the last say, you know...

8. ........

........ Trolls

Steve Young's record his first three seasons:

5 - 17

Troy Aikman's record his first three seasons:

14 - 24

Even Montana had one great season sandwiched between two terrible ones in his first three years as a starter.

#528 ........, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  9. ........

........ Trolls

He's Type 1, which is infinitely more manageable. With the constant attention that he's been given, I guarantee he has zero complications and is incredibly unlikely to have any for many, many years. Type 1 isn't something that simply destabilizes for no reason overnight.

10. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Im kind of agreeing with this post.

This "trade a defensive star for a star qb" makes no sense whatsoever.

We bring in a so called defensive genius and the first huge move is to trade one of the few up and coming shutdown corners for a qb?

Ryan has watched the Ravens win a superbowl with Trent Dilfer at the helm. His dad was the DC for the great Bears teams with Jim McMahon at qb (his father actually was quoted as saying "any qb could have started for this team with this defense" when asked about Jim McMahon).

The Jets are not going to trade a defensive star for an offensive star. Just not going to happen.

11. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

Jake your using your own argument against yourself. Revis hasn't let the Jets to the playoffs, because he doesn't touch the ball on everyplay. Cutler does touch the ball on every play, and he hasn't led his team to the playoffs. Revis plays a HUGE role in a soon to come, great defense. Because he does touch the ball on every play, Cutler has to hold the responsibility of being judged based on his record, both in playoffs and the regular season.

If you have a good qb, and according to you, "doubles the chances of making the playoffs year to year", why didn't the bronco's make the playoffs? The Jets, were seemingly pretty close to making the playoffs, about as close as the Bronco's, and the Jets defense has only gotten better. Favre, the guy who does touch the ball on every play, had a pretty significant shoulder injury and played through it, not giving another quarterback to possibly take the jets into the playoffs. Revis played a huge part in a pretty solid defense last year, this year Rex has developed an even better defense.

12. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

Agreed Jay Wayne, nicely done with the background too. good post.

13. Bvon

Bvon New Member

We trade Revis OR Harris, Jets fans everywhere will freak the fuck out.

Aren't we now a D minded team? Then why give up some key positions for a QB?

I say give them the damn draft and we don't have to fucking worry about it. Denver would love to have 6 extra picks.

And if that isn't enough, toss in TJ and we are square.

Enough with this trading Revis garbage, it won't happen.

14. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

I suppose this can work, if we want Leon to have a 250 carry season in Rex's new scheme of pounding the football, we won't have draft picks to draft a solid running back. We won't have a great wide receiver, and we will have a defensive line that is up there in age, definitely slowing down with little depth.

15. ........

........ Trolls

I'm not getting involved in the "Revis vs. Cutler" debate, but Cutler doesn't touch the ball on every play. He touches the ball on every offensive play. He went 8 - 8 on a team last season that gave up 448 points. That's good enough for 3rd from the bottom in the NFL. The two teams below his D? 0 - 16 Detroit and 2 - 14 St. Louis. Hell, Drew Brees only managed 8 - 8 with a team that surrendered fewer than 400 points. I'm not sure what you expected him to do with that. Oh, and the average points against in his losses? 33.4. Please explain to me how he should have taken that team to the playoffs.

16. ........

........ Trolls

I wouldn't give up the whole draft. I'd do a 1st and 3rd/4th this year and an escalator next. I do agree, though, that the talk of Revis and Harris going is absurd, and the talk of Rhodes going is awfully close.

17. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

So the goal here is 4000yds?
    No Thanks, I'll take a championship instead.

18. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Jets ‘decline comment’ on Cutler trade talk

Posted: Around The Web | NFL.com Staff | Tags: Darrelle Revis, Jay Cutler, Mike Harris, New York Jets

While it’s well known that the Jets have interest in trading for Jay Cutler, just how far they are willing to go to land the Broncos’ QB is open to speculation.

The Newark Star-Ledger’s Paul Needell says inquiries made by the newspaper to Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum — specifically asking about the team’s level of interest in Cutler and if players such as CB Darrelle Revis and LB Mike Harris would be on the table in a potential deal — were rebuffed. Needell writes:

This response just came in from a team spokesman: “As you can probably appreciate, I have received questions throughout the day. Mike has asked me to decline comment.”

Translation: The Jets are interested in Cutler but are a long way from knowing if they can be considered a frontrunner in the bidding. As we’ve noted before, as many as 10 teams could be in the running, including the Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns and Washington Redskins.

19. ........

........ Trolls

20. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'd move Mike Harris for Jay Cutler.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.