What the hell is wrong with some Jet fans?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Apr 1, 2009.

1. ........

........ Trolls

No. We should in no way, shape, or form draft a QB this season. If we can't get Cutler, Clemens or Ratliff will and should get a chance.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Exactly. You prove the significance of the QB position in your post. Cutler BY HIMSELF can make a dimension of this team in the top 3rd of the league. LBs, CBs and Safeties are replaceable. They are a dime a dozen.... Elite QBs are the hardest players to find in all of sports, let alone football.

3. Bvon

Bvon New Member

Jake - Do you think we have enough depth at S to trade Kerry Rhodes?

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Bvon - Do you think we have a starting QB on this roster? I'd be willing to create a hole at safety if it meant filling the gaping hole at QUARTERBACK.

5. Bvon

Bvon New Member

Jake - Absolutely not. I used to have faith in Clemens, but, now I feel Cutler is the best option now matter how much our draft goes away.

I like Rhodes, but I want to win. Trade him.

#85 Bvon, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Like I said previously in many different postings, this forum is not immune to idiocy and stupidity - rather, they are the two defining qualities of the board these days.

7. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

it`s known that the denver running game is just plug and play, look at the guys they put in and results they get. only last year did they have i think 7 RB`s on IR, which obviously forced cutler to throw 70 times a game.

8. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

When did you lose the faith? did you not like the way Clemens carried the clip board on the sideline. How can you lose faith in someone that hasn't been given a chance.

9. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

but how are you judging Cutler as an elite QB? he hasn't won anything. He got to the same spot as we had last year with Brett Favre throwing up interceptions left and right. JUST SHORT of the playoffs.

10. Bvon

Bvon New Member

I'd rather have a proven QB than someone who is yet to thorw 10 TDs in his damn career. It's simple logic.

11. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

It's not that we don't want Cutler, it's the fact that we will have to give up a lot, and i just don't see the point doing that when we don't know what we have in Clemens.

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

As lowly as Michael Vick is, he boasts 50+% winning percentage, (38-28-1), and playoff experience (and two wins under his belt, on top of that) What does Jay promise? Jay couldn't do what Vick did after second full-time season (that is, winning more than half the game he starts; Jay's record stands at 17-20). On top of that, he doesn't even have post season experience, much less a win. Why don't you go out and make a case for Michael Vick? He's HELL LOT BETTER than Cutler as of now. If anything, Vick was finding way to win after a mere second season.

------------------------------------------------------

It was an exaggerated suggestion, but anybody should know by now that there is very little Cutler can improve on this team - not this year, to say the very least. Sending the nucleus of young defense for Cutler is more than simply bone-headed stupid. It takes colossal idiocy to even consider that.

#92 Zach, Apr 2, 2009
  13. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

a proven QB? by proven you mean not making the playoffs? right? Do you want Chad Pennington back to? He actually took the Dolphins to the playoffs? I'm not sure how you evaluate quarterbacks and their trade value.

Bvon, your argument's make no sense. You use concepts that have seemingly been proven wrong numerous times. For example, Brett Favre VS. Aaron Rodgers, Drew Bledsoe vs. Tom Brady, etc...You still have failed to realize that quarterbacks develop. I'm not saying we have the next big thing on our roster as far as quarterback, but your writing a guy off based on 8 1/2 games when he was inexperienced. He has had time to grow as a QB and learn the NFL more than he did when he posted a mediocre outing when he started some games. I think what no one has mentioned, is that Rex Ryan has already said he believes he has a good QB on his roster already. As good as Cutler? No. That is why Rex and Tanny are interested. However, he's not going to give up contributors and guys who have a significant impact + draft picks for Cutler, when he has said publicly he believes he has a good starting quarterback on his roster right now (Ratliff, Clemens).

I'd rather have a proven QB to, any Jet fan would, but not at the expense it will cost. We got to the same spot Cutler took the Bronco's last year, without him. We can do it again, with a better defense, and a quarterback that is healthy and has had time to progress. I don't get what is hard to understand about that. You are so sold on cutler being the jesus christ of football, that if he comes to the jets, we are superbowl bound, but it's simply not the case. The titan's got really far in the playoffs with fricking Kerry Collins, but a very solid defense. Minnesota, made the playoffs with a horrible quarterback situation as well.

#93 Jet21, Apr 2, 2009
  14. ........

........ Trolls

I'm not sure why not wanting Cutler has to involve asinine arguments against him. To not want him because you don't want to give up any value? Fine. To argue that he's not a solid QB? Foolish.

The Broncos had only just begun to build around Cutler. They drafted horribly in 2007, and last year took offensive players with their first 3 picks, ignoring their terrible front 7 after trading up for two DEs the year before. It really shouldn't be surprising that he didn't win with the team around him. His entire team was him, 2 receivers, a LT, and 2 CBs. And we saw how far an elite CB gets you when the rest of your team struggles to defend the pass last season.

15. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I can agree with this. Cutler still has a lot to prove, but he's easily one of the most talented QBs in the league and to blame Denver's inability to make the playoffs on him is just ridiculous.

16. Bvon

Bvon New Member

I don't think anyone on our QB roster is really the answer to the issue. We haven't had a franchise QB is 40 years. We now have the chance to finally put a great QB behind our center. Don't dare say Favre, that was a joke. Brett proved he was an old man who should have just stayed home. I'd rather have a guy who has played more than 1/2 a season and win in the future and maybe even now, then wait and see if one of our QBs HAPPENS to work out for us. We might be run heavy, but, when it counts, I'd rather have someone behind center who has been there a while. Clemens will not be the answer and neither will Ratliff or Ainge. I'm just not banking on what we have right now compared what to what we could have with Cutler.

As long as we can keep our D the way it is, I'm all for getting Cutler here. Trade the damn draft, even toss in a 2nd rounder next year with it. Get it fucking done.

17. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Bvon how do you know that Clemens or Ratliff are not the answer? I just don't understand this line of thinking.

18. ........

........ Trolls

He doesn't know. He thinks so. He states that very clearly.

No one knows what we have, but it's awfully difficult to bank on one of them stepping up when you have a chance at a definite franchise QB.

19. Bvon

Bvon New Member

So, you are telling me that you know? Look into your fucking crystal ball and tell me how good they are, then get back to me.

I'm saying that I'd rather have a QB who has played more games, passed for more yards, won more damn games then have someone who has carried a clipboard for his career leading us to the promise land.

But, if your ball tells us otherwise, let us know.

20. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

No i don't know, and i never once said i did, so re-read the post before fucking posting like that, and getting on your high horse.

My theory of how we should act however won't cost us good defensive players or draft picks or extensive salary.