What the hell is wrong with some Jet fans?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Apr 1, 2009.

1. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

At least we have a comedian to lighten the mood in here :rofl:

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Ah forget it. If you guys are content with losing fine by me. We will agree to disagree.... I'm assuming we have fuckall in Ratliff/Clemens and that scares me. If one of them were to pan out into a reliable QB, I'm all for it. But for once in this franchise's miserable exsitence we need an all-pro QB to lead us to the promised land.

3. Bvon

Bvon New Member

That's why we are looking to sell the farm, even tho we have a QB "Most NFL ready"

Clemens has played 8 games, 1/2 a year. Big deal. Cutler has played 3 years, been to the playoffs and you are saying Clemens should be given a chance?

I'd rather have a playoff experienced QB than someone who rode the bench for most of his career.

4. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

When did Cutler go to the play-offs?

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Sometimes i wonder....with some of the things you say...if you watch ANY football at all.

Cutler hasn't had a solid defense ever....and really, no run game either (Tatum Bell?? not likely)....

Who's to say Cutler is better than Clemens??....bahahahahahahah!!!!! HE IS THE BETTER QB BY A COUNTRY MILE!!

Draft experts?? jesus christ....Ron Jaworski was the only one that rated Clemens ahead of the other QBs in the draft that year. Shanahan knows quarterbacks better than most...and he traded UP to get Cutler....that says a lot about the kid's talent.

6. Bvon

Bvon New Member

Best post yet.

Doesn't the top tier teams have a franchise QB leading the way? That's all I have to say. If you want to try and see if Kellen works out, fine, we can suffer with another 8-8 year and not making the playoffs. Then you asses will bitch and complain about not having a QB when you let this one slip by.

Best Player Available, right guys? This guy is the best damn player we can get right now and if you are not on board with this, IMO, you don't want to win.

7. TampaBayJetsFan85

Cutler has been a starting QB for two plus years now and has YET to lead his team to the playoffs.

8. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Revis and Harris have been starting defensive players for two plus years now and have yet to lead their team to the playoffs. I guess they are losers too. We should cut them?

Such a weak argument when you know Denver's problems were everything but the QB.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

fuck that, man....I'm with you. I'm sick of losing also. We have a potentially stud defense...all we need is a quarterback. That's the missing piece.....fuck, it's been the missing piece since Herman Edwards was here.

10. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

I'd rather have one to, but not at the expense he will cost us. Do you think Jay Cutler will appear on our roster for free? Absolutely not.

To clarify however, you've proven exactly why Clemens should be given a chance. He's only played 8 1/2 games in 3 years. Most of his career? What about Aaron Rodgers? Many great quarterbacks sit on the bench their first couple of years in the NFL. It's called quarterback development...and it's not a bad idea. This year, one of the 3 years, Clemen's sat on the bench behind one of the best quarterbacks that has ever lived and played the game, so this year to count against Clemen's in your argument is not really noteworthy.

Most of his career, in 3 years, one of them behind a legend, is really not that long.

#70 Jet21, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  11. Bvon

Bvon New Member

I stand corrected on the playoffs.

My bad guys.

12. TampaBayJetsFan85

Im off 2 bed guys, been a good hour of talking sports.

All in all...I'm willing to give Kellen a chance behind an O-Line before I look to trade away the whole draft

13. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Finally another poster with a bit of sense :up: we simply don't know what we have in Clemens and people are ready to throw the towel at him, he has been in this system for 3 years, he will know it inside out. I can't wait until Cutler gets traded to Washington or Tampa so we can stop the insanity that has taken over some people.

14. TampaBayJetsFan85

lol, it's not your fault that Cutler has yet to lead his team to the playoffs. It's not your fault.

15. TampaBayJetsFan85

+1 Million

16. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

I don't think so. They have some really good defensive players on their squad. I agree with you, the argument with the playoffs is soft, however, you cannot deny that when judging a defense, you judge their impact as a defensive unit. Those guys LIKE revis, and harris, keep points off the board, and make up that solid unit. A franchise quarterback, is suppose to lead their team to the playoffs. They have more of a role, and an impact as one single defensive player.

17. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

How is Clemens turning out to be a good QB so inconceivable? Jaws wasn't the only one who ranked Clemens high; and I definitely trust what he says more than any other football analyst out there.

18. ........

........ Trolls

TBJF, I'm not going to blast you for this thread. It's not as ludicrous as some of the other ones you've made, and in fact, I agree that it would be a shame to lose one of the three players you mention. Suggesting you don't want to mortgage the future for Cutler? Fine. Hating him completely? Absurd. Let's wait and see what it actually takes before we start declaring unequivocally that we don't want him. A few things, though...

1) There is excellent reason to be excited about Cutler. Anyone who has watched him knows he makes things happen on the football field. His record is misleading because of the defense. When his defense plays well, he leads his team to victory. In games in which his defense allows 21 or fewer points, a reasonable expectation for our defense on a regular basis this season, he's 13 - 1. The sole loss came in OT to the Packers during their fantastic 2007 season. It's not just his laser rocket arm, he has demonstrated an ability to lead an offense.

2) We don't know what we have in Clemens, but if we want to win, we play the sure hand. Saying Clemens was the most NFL ready was disproved in 2007, poor offensive line or no. If you can get a franchise QB in a trade (again, hopefully without giving up a young defender), you do so. One hundred percent. There's a reason that even Seattle and Washington are pursuing him with QB situations a good deal more certain than ours. He's that good, and he's young.

3) Denver fans ARE calling him a franchise QB, and they're absolutely devastated to lose him. They're worried that this move will set their franchise back for a DECADE. Check any fan board and you'll see that.

4) Please, please, please read up a bit about football. David Harris is NOT recognized as one of the top MLBs in the game, because he doesn't play MLB. We run the 3-4. There is no MLB.

19. jetsboy88

jetsboy88 New Member

Give up one of our top defensive players is a complete waste. Josh Freeman out of Kansas State should be there at the 17th pick. He has strength and has all the tools to be our Franchise QB For years. He is 6-6 250 when do you see this at the QB POSTION!

20. ........

........ Trolls

It's not inconceivable, but Cutler is a proven commodity. When's the last time a QB of his caliber was available at the age of 25? Can you name anyone?