What the hell is wrong with some Jet fans?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TampaBayJetsFan85, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

There are no QBs of Cutler's calibre in this draft. So we should trade for one while the opportunity presents itself.

2. TampaBayJetsFan85

What makes Cutler an "Elite talent"? His career losing record after two plus seasons as a starter? The fact that he has yet to lead his team to the playoffs? Wow...He has a Strong arm and has some mobility for a big man, but you know what? You can always draft a QB like Cutler...He's NOTHING special.

What makes Cutler a "Franchise QB"? Would you say that Denver fans are calling Cutler a "Franchise QB" as of right now? lol, Nope. A "Franchise QB" Will honor his contract like a real man without being a little bitch boy while causing locker room problems because he didn't get "His way"

And no...Belichick would never put any of his defensive players before Tom Brady...Not a fucking chance and you know why? Because Brady is a future HOF QB, has made the playoffs, wins SB's and has more W's than L's as a starting QB...Please: Never Say Cutlers name with Brady's again...Cutler has yet to win a sb, has yet to make the playoffs has yet to make a run for the HOF and has a losing record as a starting QB.

3. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Or we should just develop our own, we don't know what we have, and we are ready to give away integral parts of our defense...........yer ok.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

What is with your wins/losses argument? TBJF answer my previous response to your rebuttle.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

You're right....building through the draft and signing free agents are other viable avenues. But do you know what you're getting in the draft? We still don't know what we have in #56......the draft is a crapshoot. And when it comes to free agency....you're overpaying for talent that's either in their prime or just past it.

Cutler is "entering" his prime....he hasn't reached his full potential. The guy is ELITE, and he's still a kid for crying out loud. Situations like this NEVER happen.

Like i said...but let me clarify..."in THIS scenario"...the jets will have to give up some elite talent to get some elite talent. Picks won't get it done alone....a player of some magnitude will most likely be included. Since we don't have any quality QB's on the roster...it will probably be a defensive starter.

6. Killeri9590

Killeri9590 Banned

Cutler would solve the qb hole but by no means is he "ELITE" yet

I always said I would welcome him but i wouldn't give up revis, rhodes to get him. No way

7. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Cutler never failed the Broncos. The defense failed the Broncos.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA[/YOUTUBE]

8. TampaBayJetsFan85

Get real.. Since when was Cutler the next coming of Brady, Montana or Elway? What has Cutler done @ the NFL level that puts him ahead of everyone else?

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

seriously dude...i read that..and then i didn't bother reading the rest, because i can imagine the waste of time it would be to finish reading whatever it is you typed.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'm gonna repost this for you TBJF since you didn't feel like responding to it the first time.

Also, what has Cutler done at the NFL level? Put up a 4000+ yard season(in only his second season) which maybe 1 or 2 QB's have been able to do for the NYJ in the past 25 years (I may be off on that number but my point stands).

11. week17magic

week17magic New Member

this guy could be like that guy... that guy could be like that other guy... and the snozeberries taste like snozeberries

12. FiveToeJoe

FiveToeJoe Banned

lMaO jet fans i would trade harriss, revis and rhodes for cutler any day. u guys have no FranChIse QB on ur roster. ur d is overrated and not that good (raiders on other hand have their franchise qB in russell and a dominate offense schillens, shields, watson, miller, mcfadden). all we need now is a RT and were good to go. d we got asomugha-johnson best shutdown tandem in nfl history. all we need is another linebacker via fa or draft

13. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

I am not what is more absurd, TampaBayJetsFan,

1) The premise of this thread
    2) Its continued defense by you
    3) That a couple of posters actually agree with you

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Bahahaha Cutler is miles ahead of Russell.... thanks though Joe.

15. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

MB, i see your argument, however, developing quarterbacks and seeing potential is a much more viable way to build a team. Why? Jay Cutler is not going to win us a superbowl in our first year. With no revis, or harris, and glaring holes in the defense and giving up multiple picks on top of these players, Jay Cutler is on the same playing field as Ratliff or Clemens, who might develop into being a much better quarterback in a new system, strong defensive scheme. is Cutler better than Flacco? Absolutely. But could Flacco get as far as he did if Rex Ryan compromised players on the defense? Probably not. Flacco came in, in his rookie year, and took the ravens pretty far. Matt Ryan, took a horrendous Falcon's team from the year before, and won a bunch of games that people didn't expect them to win.

You don't compromise key players that have a significant role in the defense and scheme, and multiple draft picks. I agree, Cutler has a ton of upside still, but with glaring holes on defense by sacrificing them in a trade, and giving up multiple picks, were worse off then we were before we acquired Cutler.

16. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

I don't think anything's wrong with anyone just because they have a different opinion than you.

By the way, I'm not on the Cutler hype train by any means, but you seem to be forgetting in all your spewing about his record and such, that their D was in the bottom half of the league in 07 and was the fourth worst in 08. They were downright abysmal. The Broncos didn't make the playoffs because of their defense, not because Jay Cutler doesn't have talent.

17. FiveToeJoe

FiveToeJoe Banned

russel is maturing before our eyes, he already has potential to better than cutler.

In a couple of years he'll be mentioned in the same breath as peyton and brady

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Way to hijack the thread Joe... Seriously...

Still awaiting TBJFs response.

19. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

Your quarterback is nearly 300 pounds and has done nothing. He is hardly a franchise quarterback. He robbed Al Davis of his money, and is soft in games. Your franchise is a complete disaster, are you kidding me?

You have a lot more problems then two missing players on your squad.

20. TampaBayJetsFan85

With the additions of Litto Sheppard along with Bart Scott and a real 3-4 coach in Rex Ryan, and I can really see this Jets defense putting up top 5 numbers.

All in all, with players such as Revis, Rhodes, Sheppard and Elam/Leonard we should have an elite secondary.

With players like Pace, Harris and Scott we should have a really solid group of LB's under Rex Ryan and if Rex can bring the potenail and talent outta Gholston, watch out because this D can be dominating.

And Kris Jenkins is one of the best NT's in the game today and really makes this Defense tough to run against.

With that type of talent...And Rex Ryan...If we were ranked 16th last year with mangini, no production from VG, no Scott, no Sheppard, I think it's safe to say that our Defense will atleast COMPETE to crack the top 5.

And who said anything about David Harris becoming the next Mike S? Fact of the matter is this...David Harris is ALREADY considered to be one of the best 3-4 MLB's in the game today (After only 2 seasons)

Who said anything about Rhodes becoming the next lott? The fact of the matter is this...Rhodes is already a top 10 talent @ the safety position and a team leader.

And who knows? Kellen may just lead the Jets to the playoffs with a tough O-Line, solid running game along with a tough Defense...Something that Cutler has yet to do...Lead his team to the playoffs.