Official Cutler on the trade block news, rumor and speculation thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

Alex Smith is less proven than Kellen Clemens. Or even Brett Ratliff for that matter. Aw fuck it, Ainge too.

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

champ..thats just not true. I cant see how anyone being honest about his years as owner can make this kind of a foolish statement.

Because of the PSL's? Any owner in his shoes would do the same thing..you guys need to get past that. It is what it is..just give up your tickets...and its supply and demand. They will get the point.

He pours money into this team like no other owner.

3. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

That alone doesn't make him a good owner.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Hey champ, did you check out this interview yet?

http://videos.nj.com/star-ledger/2009/03/owners_tisch_and_woody_talk_ab.html

Woody Johnson at 1:31 - "The PSLs are gonna sell." He'll do anything to sell them.

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

:rofl: You stole ButtleMan's avatar.

6. jaywayne12

I never said he was a good owner. I would even admit he has been a below average owner. That wasnt champs point. His point was he just cares about money..and thats not close to being true.

His faults lie with his lack of football "ownership" knowledge. What the few good owners have been able to do is get someone in charge of the football part of the program and leave it alone.

I mean really...in football with a salary cap..what the hell is a good owner. A good owner is an owner that gets a great gm..who gets a great coach.

Kraft is a good owner? He is a genius because he went after BB who was fired by the Browns? Or was he a lucky owner that he got BB at the right time.

Get a great gm and a great HC and you are a brilliant owner. I see it no other way.

7. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

No it doesn't, but it is a part of it.

While bonuses get spread out over the life of a deal for cap purposes, it is one gigantic cash payment for the organization, so that is a big commitment.

What I like about Woody is that (at least to the public) it seems like he lets his staff make the decisions. Maybe Tanny isn't a "football guy," but Woody let's him make the decisions and let's the coach, coach. Woody is willing to take risks (Favre/Mangini) and at the end of the day he holds people accountable.

8. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Champ, and this is just a thought im throwing out there....

But as an owner, if your main goal is making as much money as possible, isnt winning kind of important to acheiving that goal? The more you win, the more your fanbase expands, the more fans in the stands, the more jerseys are sold, the more over priced food and beers get sold, the more money you make. So shouldnt Woody be pushing to win, because he will make more money that way? Also isnt it like a forgone conclusion that winning teams make it easier to sell those PSL's?

9. doug4563

doug4563 Member

Disagree, Harris is untouchable. Ryan's has already gone on record by saying that having Scott and Harris on the field together is the strength of the defense. He said that the two were interchangeable and the opposing offense would have a hard time deciphering their roles on each play and what they were going to do once the ball is snapped. Trading Harris and plugging in Izzo (as stupidly suggested earlier on this board) would severely limit the options on D.

10. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Bizarre isn't it?

11. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

All your posts are quality just because the avatar is smokin'

12. jaywayne12

Of course. You are totally correct. Every owner in the NFL is making a ton of money.

Champ and a few others like to say that we went out to get Favre to sell PSL's. Duh. Really? Why would that be? To make the franchise a better team perhaps? Why not go out and get all the 69 Jets back and resign them to sell PSL's. How long will that work for? Who the hell was buying Jet tickets because the Jets were signing a qb that everyone knew wouldnt be around in 2 years.

Thats abusurd. Its ridiculous. Its the "lets hate the owner for trying to make his team better and make money" theory.

I can come up with 10 things Woody has done to piss me off..and trying to make money aint one of them.

#392 jaywayne12, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  13. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

Provide me with evidence that he will succeed here with a higher liklihood than the guys we would draft in his stead. Obviously this is impossible to do.

So you are willing to mortgage the Jets future on a hope that he can contibute more to bring us the ring than a slew of young high draft picks and Harris or Revis.

Maybe you and others should review the deal we made with Denver for who they believed would be their starting qb--they only gave us 2 number 1 picks!

But then again, maybe we'll get lucky though our track record doesn't support that outcome.

14. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

So Cutlers a prima donna because this punk ass little bitch with a napolean complex gets a NFL franchise as his new toy, and the first 2 things he does is lie to him?
    They told Jay they weren't going to fire the OC and they did, then they tell him he's the man and go and try and trade him for MATT FUCKIN CASSELL?

Why the hell should Cutler believe anything McDumbass says? All he's shown is he's a liar.
    I'd love to know how any of you posters who call Cutler a "whiney little bitch" would feel if this was done to you.
    Yes the NFL is a business but tell me, how does a team with a bottom dwelling defense look to trade away their best player on the only side of the ball that has had any success?

15. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Then don't say anything jerkoff...

I said what I would be willing to give up, and it'd only be Harris in terms of somebody with youth and who is skillful.

16. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

You guys are crazy Harris is he the next L.T. the guy had 1 good year & Rhodes is he Ronnie Lott or did I miss something I have 1 thing to say OVERRATED. If Denver wanted either of these 2 guys they could have them.

17. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Ryan has also gone on record saying that Clemens, and Ratliff, and Ainge will battle it out and the situation isn't as bad as people think it is...

So he says the right things, great...He has a chance to get a position where he won't have to worry, the most important position on the field, then I think he'd pull the trigger if the deal comes available.

18. EAF29

EAF29 Member

Why would we give up the AFC leading rusher last year (I do realize he is getting up there in age) plus a number #1 pick and then 3 more players for at best a third down down back. There's no need to swap running backs. Just offer a 1st and Kellen Clemens.

19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The last brash, cocky QB the Jets had happened to be the last QB to lead the Jets to a SB victory.

20. scoochydawg

scoochydawg Active Member

when could we hear news on Cutler?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.