Official Cutler on the trade block news, rumor and speculation thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Ok...who? What are your suggestions for ILB?

2. bundas699

bundas699 New Member

Except for telling everyone in Denver he has a stronger arm then elway ever did... thats it I think the Elway flap and now this

3. bundas699

bundas699 New Member

The Jets plan to team Harris inside in Rex Ryan's 3-4 defense with Bart Scott, but if they want Cutler, they are going to have to outbid the competition..
    So I dont know who would fill that roll yet be we need a QB more then a ILB

4. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

I wonder how long it would take him to get adjusted to our system and play book. I wonder if clemens would be better from the start just because he does know our system backwards and forwards and should be ready to take the reigns. I think our QB situation isn't a bad one. unproven but that doesn't mean that they can't do well. I don't know how I would feel bringing in Cutler. I would be cool with it because he is very talented I just wonder how much more talented he is compared to our guys considering they are also more familar with them team and the play book.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

He was specifically asked if his arm was as good as Elways. He just answered the question. It wasn't like he called a press conference to blurt that out.

6. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

I don't know about Ratliff, but I would say Cutler is miles ahead of Kellen, even with a new playbook in hand. Jay comes from the WCO, so nothign Schotty throws out there is going to be that out of the ordinary for him.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What's even funnier is that half the Jets players are just as whiney and have just as large egos. Yet the people who are down on Cutler just love those Jets.

8. bundas699

bundas699 New Member

I agree!!! I dont blame him but that issue and now the current issue are the only 2 things are what he has been involved in ... Except for the health issue but that has been resolved and he has his blood suger under control ...

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't see why they didn't do the trade with Cutler in the first place, if that was the case. They could have raped the Broncos for Cassel. I think the only reason the Pats would get involved would be to alter the Jets' chances at getting him. Ever since Belichick has come on the scene, his MO has been spending little at the QB position. It's possible that has changed, but I doubt it.

10. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

I usually think you are insane with your thoughts but this makes so much sense. Some of the Jets that most here love/loved (coles, TJ, Rhodes), are always complaining and running their mouths and we love them for it. And none of them hold a candle to the importance of a player like Cutler. On a side note, did anyone read the article about Rhodes not wanting him cuz cutler was talkin junk to him during the game last year? So gay on Rhodes' part. The dude smoked you and the rest of our secondary in shit weather he earned the right to tell you whats up. I wonder if that makes Rhodes part of this deal if it happens?

11. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Just in case Cutler gets traded here I'll save everyone the time of reading the headline

JAY-E-T-S!

12. abyzmul

That trade makes no sense to me. I think you are severely overvaluing Thomas and Clemens, whether Mangini likes Clemens. It's a trade that is beneficial to the Jets and not to the Browns at all.

#332 abyzmul, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  13. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Well, he pointed out how the 1st issue is really a non-issue and u agree. The other issue is what he's going thru now. What does what he's going thru now have to do with us? That's not our problem. That's between Cutler and the Broncos organization.

14. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

LOL thats definitely the front of the NY Post if it happens

15. bundas699

bundas699 New Member

Ok What about Zach Thomas we can get him cheap and would be fine for a year or what about Derrick Brooks or Marcus Washington all would do fine for a year till other options come along and all would be fine as Rex would get the most out of them

16. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Give Me Cutler...Or give me Justice

17. doug4563

doug4563 Member

If I see BT dangled as trade bait one more time, I am going to puke.

18. bundas699

bundas699 New Member

Yes and I was just replying to the person asking if he was really a Whinner and I dont really think he is !! GET HIM NOW ! :jets:

19. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Kevin O'Connell might well be better than Matt Cassel.

20. abyzmul

Those are all terrible fits for our defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.