Official Cutler on the trade block news, rumor and speculation thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Sadly I think it is just about a foregone conclusion Cutler ends up with the Skins. They have the best QB to offer and an owner that has little regard for draft picks. I can see this deal getting done pretty quickly.

2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

We're Jets fans, We know what the future holds.

Mortgage it and get a good quarterback instead! Stop the cycle! End the madness!

3. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Careful what you wish for! Cutler could end up kicking your fishy asses up and down the field for the next 10 years!

4. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

I am sick and fucking tired of being disappointed every season. We need a fucking quarterback. Period. I don't care what kind of confidence we have in our inexperienced quarterbacks. Jay Cutler is an arrogant prick BUT: Jay Cutler is experienced. Jay Cutler has set franchise records for throwing yards and completions. Jay Cutler has made the fucking Pro Bowl. Jay Cutler is only 25. Jay Cutler is on the fucking trading block. Stand the fuck up New York lets go, lets get this done. I want ALL the pieces in place to put a goddamn ring on our fingers.

5. RevisCB

RevisCB New Member

Doesn't matter how much F'ing you do, the decision is a little more complex than that, hopefully Mike isn't held hostage in negotiations for a QB who at best has led his team to a 8-8 record. It's all circumstantial on the demands of the Broncos, 2 first round picks for him...No thanks, trading David Harris and first round for him like Cimini mentioned......No thanks

6. Gunther

Gunther Member

Your woman cheats on you and you catch her in the act
    She says that she won't do it again

But the trust has been shattered
    And I guess alot of you guys would take her back

Lol
    So sad

7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Everything was fine until the bolded part. If that was the way it played out, then it would be a little more understandable. McDaniels never said he was absolutely going to replace, Cutler.

He tried for Cassel and it fell threw, all there was to it. Cutler jumped the gun right after he found out that this was how it played out. Cutler whined, complained, and stomped his feet in a tantrum after he heard the news. McDaniels tried to have a "sit down" with him but "you're my guy" wasn't good enough for cry baby, Cutler.

Once the facts came out on the flopped trade, his feelings were already to hurt, and his ego kept him in cry baby mode.

Boo Hoo..

He gets paid millions of dollars to play a game that everyone on this board loves. Who fucking cares if you were placed on the trading block? That doesn't mean your a bad player, it just means that the FO seen a way to better their team by using you in a trade.

If he is acting this way in Denver, how is he going to survive a single day around the NY media? He will be toast. No way he has the fortitude for NY. NO doubt in my mind.

#127 IIMeanDeanII, Apr 1, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  8. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Obviously Denver doesn't fuckin care either, they are trading him. So what? The funny thing to watch will be how many other QBs get pissed now when they find their teams are trying to trade for him too. The last article I read a couple of weeks ago said it was over 10.

#128 Don, Apr 1, 2009
  9. Don

For all the fools who believed Ryan when he said how happy he was with his QBs, you can get that idea out of your head as soon as you start hearing what hoops the Jets are trying to jump through in order to get Cutler now.

10. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I do not want to trade Harris or Revis, but Rhodes who so careless made some comments about Cutler could be traded for him.

Rhodes might want to apologize to Cutler for his recent unflattering comments he offered.

If we had to give up a young defensive star Rhdes would be my pick.

I think our #1, Rhodes & Kellen would get the deal done.

11. xeticus

xeticus Member

I'm not scared of a little competition. I think a team is better off drafting their own talent and nurturing it but hey if a division rival wants to trade two 1st round picks+ for a thin skinned qb after getting burned by the Brett Favre fiasco who am i to stop you guys? :)

12. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

the good thing is they said he is not going to go for the value that they want becuz they already exposed there poker hand..

13. Phear

Phear New Member

I swear i think people are so used to losing that they are afraid of getting a franchise qb. Those of you who are saying you do not want to give up 2 first round picks for him, why? because there is a "chance" that we could draft a a good to great player with that pick? I think giving up 2 first and a 2nd or 3rd is worth getting a franchise qb who is only 25. The draft is a crap shoot and giving up 3 picks for someone who is proven is well worth it concidering who we have as qbs right now. Sure there is a "chance" that 1 of our qbs are the man, but i'll take a proven qb over a maybe any day of the week.

I hear the argument that he has a losing record, have u seen that defense? Our defense should be able to hold teams under 21 points a game and cutlers win% when his defense shows up is great. Add that to a great running game and we would be instant contenders. I don't care how much he cried because his hc attempted to trade him, then lied about it. How long have we as Jets fans cried and moaned about our team not winning, not drafting a franchise qb? about our front office not carring about doing what the team needs to do to win?

Too long have we suffered. Too long have we watched other team go to the super bowl. Too long have we hoped our team was finally going back to the big show only to come up short because our qb got injured or our qb wasn't good enough to get the job done when it mattered. We MUST make a strong push to get cutler. If you do not want Cutler then you do NOT want this team to win.

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

So fans get a fucking ring too.

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Thanks 'insider'.

16. Don

They weren't burned by Favre at all. He got hurt..shit happens and as a Fish fan you are about to find that out in a hurry. You have the most fragile QB in the NFL leading your team. It's a miracle he is ever healthy. That whole wildcat thing was probably put in to keep the pressure off his candy ass. Wait until this year when nobody bites on that anymore.

#136 Don, Apr 1, 2009
  17. Don

Haha..so does that mean you are one of them? No surprises there.

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

a few posters actually got it right.

this has NOTHING to do with what 'denver wants', but EVERYTHING to do with what other teams who want cutler are willing to offer.

hell, if no other team wants him, then the jets will take him off denver's hands along with denver's first round pick.

19. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

My take on it is "we" are like the guy who strikes out about 100 times in a row and now it looks like we may actually get a date. So we forget about every other aspect of our life and dedicate all our resources to this one opportunity. Of course, we ain't gonna get any because "we" are total losers who instead of confidently keeping a steady grip, we flap around like a flag in the wind after every illusionary "savior" we believe can end our miserable existence. This of course only perpetuates the problem ensuring "we" will remain total losers.

Explanation of metaphor: We perceive Cutler as "savior"--we sacrifice what little good we possess--Harris and picks for example. We go on our "date" with Cutler and he turns out to be a bitch. Now we don't want him and we don't have Harris, and we don't have picks. So, we suck even worse and our prospects are even worse.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Tanny, if we sign him, put it in his contract that he has to stop frequenting Chad Pennington's hair stylist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.