Official Cutler on the trade block news, rumor and speculation thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Titans, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention, the odd makers say he is favored to be a Jet by the draft.

Get the Jet bookie and vCash on for that.

2. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

I know he has a divisive personality. But I don't think that means we should just pass up on him. He is a top 5 talent in the league, and a top 12 producer, which is something the Jets havent had in a long, long time.

If youre trying to find a qb who won't underthrow David Clowney when he's 50 yards down the field and 10 yards past the closest defender, Cutler is your guy. I'm not saying mortgage away a franchise in an Eli Manning-esque deal, but I would put an offer out there. Here's my offer off the top of my head, feel free to critique.

1st round pick 2009
    2nd round pick 2009
    3rd round pick 2010 that could turn into a 2nd round pick in 2011 if Cutler is a pro bowler

For a franchise QB (which is certainly what cutler is) that seems pretty reasonable

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Give me Jay Cutler...

25 frickin years old...This franchise is cursed when it comes to QBs...Lets make it happen!

4. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

My offer:

This year's 1st.

Next years 2nd, which can conditionally become a 1st provided he's on the roster in March 2010.

Maybe we need to throw in KC or BR.

That should do it.

5. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

Cutler is miles better than what we have and if the Jets want to be a real contender, they have to go get this guy.

I know there are a lot of Ratliff man-crushes on here, but Cutler is 25 years old and would be our Franchise QB for the next 10 years.

6. doug4563

doug4563 Member

That is a lot to offer, but I think I would seriously consider that if I were running the show in NY.

7. ReservoirDog76

ReservoirDog76 New Member

Well in madden I got him for Thomas Jones, and 2nd, and a 3rd.

8. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

Harris
    second next year or Thomas Jones and Bryan Thomas (whichever they want)

9. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

Getting Cutler Confronts Team Chemistry, Don't You Think?

What if Rex Ryan is right, and he's actually allowed to follow through on his vision for the NYJs?

...a dominating defense, a powerful running game, and a QB who does what he's told and stays away from mistakes...right to the play-offs.

That is the reason why he was hired, right? To articulate his vision and then pursue it persistently as best he can?

Jay Cutler has proclaimed to the world that he is a Me First! man. Pure and simple. Jay Cutler is the only guy who has ever been a starter in the NFL and his name has been linked to trades that never happened.

When he wins he like to pile on the team he's defeated.

This is why Kerry Rhodes just loves him to death. He is a bad winner, and so he's a poor loser. I wonder what his team mates have had to say to Pat Bowlen to get him to do a 180 degree turn all of a sudden.

I assure you Buzz Cook is not the one who talked Bowlen into this.

This was a team decision, not a fit of peak.

I am saying, if Denver doesn't want Jay Cutler, then why in the hell should the NYJs?

10. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

So it begins........

11. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

Lmao.

I hope Tanny offers a 1st and 2 2nd's, and will be willing to top any other offer.

Guys like Cutler don't hit the market often, we need to get him.

12. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I want a franchise QB as much as the next guy, but I can't wrap my head around this logic. We don't know what we have right now in Clemens and Ratliff, so there's no way you can possibly know if Cutler is 'miles better'. Cutler hasn't made the Broncos contenders and he hasn't done anything exceptional to prove he's an elite QB yet. At the end of the day we really don't need Cutler to be a contender, we're all just desperate for a QB. We have 3 QBs with potential on our roster that won't cost a truckload of picks and quality players.. why give up on them for a bitch like Cutler?

unless he throws another hissy fit..

13. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

guys we already have the d, cutler with maybe the signing of a vet like Holt and the reemergence of Cotch, a poor mans Marshall anyway and the emergence of our young wrs and we could have a sick sick team

14. joykilla

joykilla Member

I say we go after him.

2nd round pick
    Conditional 2nd that can become a 1st

Denver Treated him like shit... Plus Cutler with A defense is a scary thought.

15. doug4563

doug4563 Member

[​IMG]

please get him, but don't mortgage the future..

16. ........

........ Trolls

17. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Tanny - Make your best offer within the means of the team.

18. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

19. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

The only way we will be able to get Jay Cutler is through the Cleveland Browns. Throwout all your deals sending Clemmens or Ratliff over to them because the Broncos want a QB they can win now with...noone outside of the Jets believe either one of them can do that. I am fairly confident Brady Quinn will end up being the Bronco's QB next year in a 3 way trade. This means we are going to have to rely heavily on our somewhat awkward ties with the Cleveland Browns. Now the question is, what do the Browns want because the Browns will be negotiating with 5-10 other teams most likely.

I think this is good news for us. Because Mangini is their new head coach, he may want players who know his system to make the transition easier just like any other new head coach. So, most teams will only be able to offer draft picks, but we will likely be able to offer players that Mangini know well to kinda seal the deal (obviously we'll have to give them draft picks too).

I still think it will cost us at least a 1st and 2nd this year, and potentially another pick or two next year. On top of this, players that Mangini may be interested in are:

B Smith
    B Thomas
    D Bowens
    David Harris (obviously that would take away a draft pick from the deal)

And obviously there are a lot more players Mangini could be interested in. Right now I'd think we have the upper hand because we have something to offer the Browns that no other team does. My feeling is we'll get it done.

20. ........

........ Trolls

It's not that surprising. We had the same unilaterally angry reaction when Pennington was on his way out. :rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.