New York Jets Interested in TE Pettigrew

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NDmick, Mar 26, 2009.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't get the Kenny Britt love. He looks like a big possession receiver with not much speed.

2. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

.. yeah.. thats basically why we like him.. thats what we need.. a big possession guy that can go out and give our rookie QB a big target..

and also becuz we arent getting maclin and harvin is not the reciever we need.. so the next two recievers are Britt and DHB and DHB gets no love on this board..

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Our offense has drastically fallen off?....wow....we had the AFC's leading rusher....and our offense was 9th in the NFL in scoring points. You're right...we better start REBUILDING asap. :rolleyes:

If you would've read my entire post before you "hulked up"...you would've seen that I stated that the Jets need a QB first and foremost.

Do some research before you start "flushing your toilet".

EDIT: The KC chiefs are "rebuilding".....we're not in the same situation.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He is right this team is built to win now and that is why they MUST get a legitimate QB..even more so than a number 1 receiver.

5. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Or your trolling. Actually, I'm quite surprised you could even understand my post. Oh wait, nevermind, it doesn't surprise me you think Shito is just hysterical.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

my trolling?? :lol:

stick to sarcasm...it's less embarrassing.

7. Long Time Jet Fan

Built to win now is one of the most overused phrases in all of sports. All NFL teams are built to win now. It's always important to have a good mix of young players and verterans. While not the youngest team, the Jets are not significantly older than most of the other NFL teams.

8. Long Time Jet Fan

I'd say that fits you pretty well. But I wouldn't expect you to undertand.

9. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

MB listen.. i understand you enjoy seeing the little title under your picture change..maybe it makes your feel better about yourself.. seeing rookie of the year... instead of bench warmer.. and that why you flood threads with your idiotic posts.. whatever.. the biggest part of our offense last year was favre and coles.. who now are no longer with us... and before you go and repeat yourself about TJ leading the AFC in rushing.. that was just part of the favre factor.. when you replace favre with ratliff, clemens, or even sanchez or freeman... defenses are not going to respect the pass as much as they did.. thus resulting in more players in the box.. leading to a heavy decline in TJ's output...

so just pick another thread... maybe in another section.. or another board.. and post away..

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The money they spent on FAs last year will all be wasted if it takes them another 3 years to contend. Those guys will all be gone by then. That is also why the brought in Favre and will trade for Cutler if they can. They are built to win now and the window is closing fast.

11. Long Time Jet Fan

The improved offensive line helped as well, but to say Favre and Coles weren't a huge part of the reason for Jones' improved output is just naive. If Clemens or Ratliff is the QB, there's simply no way Jones will be as productive this year. Not unless either QB can show through the course of the season they can light it up.

#51 Long Time Jet Fan, Mar 26, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  12. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

no.. "built to win now" refers to a team made up of stud veteran players that dont have a lot of years left in the tank.. the Jets are far from that... the jets have a very young team IMO... i could be wrong.. but it seems that a majority of our starting players are young compared to other teams in the league... if we signed warner and holt and fred taylor.. then you have an argurment of being built to win now.. we are getting our franchise set to be dominant and go on a nice streak of playoff appearnces and hopefully superbowls... but not for another season or two..

13. Long Time Jet Fan

You run with what you have. The Jets strategy is fairly clear. Sign the FAs you think fit your system and draft the same. In three years the Jets will simply sign new FAs to replace the ones they spent on last year. You will never be able to entirely build a team through the draft. There just aren't enough good picks to do that. Even if you hit three solid starters every year (a very difficult task), it would take seven years to draft a great team, and even then you'd still have a bunch of rookies and young guys to go with the veterans.

As for Favre, my feelings are well known. I still believe he was brought in by Woody to sell PSLs. I really don't think anyone with half a brain would assume he was going to take them to the Super Bowl last year.

14. Long Time Jet Fan

Well we're talking semantics, but I agree. I actually looked at some data on the average age of teams and the Jets are up there a bit, but nothing out of the ordinary. The Jets older players are on the offensive line, where players tend to have longer careers. Like you said, it's not like their QB, HB, and WRs are all ancient studs trying to give it one last shot.

15. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

So were u shitting your pants at the thought of being wrong when we were 8-3 and there was talks of a Jets/Giants Superbowl? Or were u praying for the team to fail and collapse down the stretch just so that you could be right?

16. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

If they think that Pettigew is worthy of the pick than I would have no problem with it. We need a good blocking TE and he can do more than that. I would like us to grab Maclin or Heyward-bey or even Britt but if we got a RB or Petigew I am not going to be upset. At this point everyone has to be pretty impressed with Tanny as a GM. I trust in what he is going to do. I know some of you will throw my the Gholston thing but hold off till after this season before you write him off. We always think we know everything that is going on but I can tell you that is not the case. Trust your coaching staff and front office...it is part of being a Jets fan.. being negative and not having faith in your team shows that you are not a true fan. I believe.

17. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I love watching LTJF fling shit at the mirror. Hes such a tool...

No they're not......

18. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

he's a great blocker, wouldn't mind this pick

19. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

The Jets have cooled on Harvin because he's too small? They just found this out, all along they thought he was taller? Its odd that rumors of cooling on Harvin come out right after he had an awesome pro day.

20. cxhannan

cxhannan New Member

Sounds like the Jets don't want anyone to know that they are high on Harvin. This Pettigrew thing is a smokescreen. Harvin will be a playmaker in this league who cares if he is a shade under 6ft. He is a dynamic player with the ball in his hands, and has been playing against the best competition in CFB and dominating it. We have and could do much worse than drafting him. It would be interesting to have Harvin and Washington lined up together just based on the different things each of them brings to the table. Can someone please explain the Robiskie love? Not trying to be sarcastic, but why is everyone so high on this guy?