Metal Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by KurtTheJetsFan, Feb 16, 2006.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Glad you asked bro.

Well I went to Atlanta in 2004 when Jr won and I went to Bristol last year where Carl won. Otherwise no not much of a race goer.

I became a Vickers fan quite simply. In 2002 I started watching and my guy was Jeff Gordon cuz when I'd watch as a kid every rare now and then that's who I would root for. So I liked him but I was just getting into the sport. In 2003 I decided to pick a driver to follow from career start to career finish. So In the Busch series I liked Brian because he was 1. full time, 2. hendrick, and 3. closest to my age. I loved his personality and he happened to win the championship. So that's how it all started. Then the ugly divorce happened and I followed Brian (no question) instead of Hendrick and I'm one of the few that recognize his talent. I just hope it's finally going to be showed this year.

2. Heavy Metal Thunder

Yeah Brian's a good driver and seems like a cool guy. The best out of the Toyota's with the exception of Kyle Busch. Didn't really like that block he put on Dale Jr. that caused that wreck at Daytona this year though.

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

haha yeah we could go on and on about that..

Bottomline about it is Jr. thought that Brian was not battling for position so he was over-angry. He was too rough and bumped into him a little too forceful. Had the overrated dumbass not caused that wreck, Brian would be the only driver this year with 4 starts and 4 top 10s.

But moving forward, great race today.

My boy is one of only 5 drivers with 3 top 10s. It's starting to look like it MAY FINALLY be his year to breakout. I sure hope so. I've been waiting for too many years.

Your boy Martin did good today too. Top 10 as well.

4. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Well thanks for checking us out. On all those recordings there are like 4 different people doing vocals except for the one song absence was recorded at a time we had a singer. Now we have a new guy and our new recordings will be up in a couple months, they sound much more tight. I play the drums, once again thanks for checking us out.
    Yea im not a big fan of any of those 3 bands. I used to like bdm several years ago but kind of grew out of them. Your band redline is pretty tight, im not too into hardcore but you guys seem legitimate.

5. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Looks like sombody OD'd:

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

^What a pussy.

Anyway, if you like Exodus, or even if you don't like Exodus, or you like Exodus but you think Rob Dukes is a piece of shit, watch this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Le5S7H8Plo[/youtube]

It's a live performance of "A Lesson in Violence" with a hot chick (Katie Jacoby) absolutely dominating the song on violin.

#686 BadgerOnLSD, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  7. Despite my disgust for their material post bloodthirst, I forced myself to pick up the new corpse due to all the hype I was hearing...and wow...it's actually REALLY good. Reminds me alot of Gallery of suicide when they were fast and technical but still had a taste for the old school.

Has any one else picked this up?

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I checked it out. I really liked the first half of the album but I seemed to not be able to focus on the second half, kept getting distracted. I need to give it another try. My favorite song so far is Scalding Hail.

9. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Evisceration Plague is pretty decent. The vocals put me off a little bit, but thats nothing new. All in all a solid release though.

I've also been listening to the new Wolves in the Throne Room release Black Cascade pretty much nonstop. Fucking awesome.

Ant other good releases lately? The new Catamenia was kinda meh. Any Agalloch fans should check out The Morningside. And waiting for the next Wintersun album is like waiting for the next George RR Martin book and I'm about to stop caring about both.

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Pestilence came out with a new one a few days ago. It was OK.

11. Heavy Metal Thunder

Hey Badger I used to be a big fan of the old Exodus shit especially Bonded by Blood and Pleasures of the Flesh but that biatch needs to tune her shit. Still very cool to see though.

I noticed you guys are pretty much metal purists into death metal and not so into the metalcore, but I'm curious as to what you guys thought of the Born of Osiris song I posted (post #679) since it's pretty much dead center between death metal and metalcore.

12. Heavy Metal Thunder

I just noticed the video I posted was removed from youtube so I am reposting another version.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEVhEV_PeSI[/YOUTUBE]

Another band I've really been into lately is this band As Blood Runs Black. The breakdown at 1:50 is probably the heaviest thing I've heard in a long time even though it's kind of a generic riff.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbfDPkyt5ws[/YOUTUBE]

13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I can't believe some of those bands are still around. Last I listened to from them was Consuming Impulse. And of course Asphyx.

14. F Miami

F Miami Active Member

just downloaded a bunch of their stuff. loving it.

15. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Well Pestilence was broken up for years but Mameli revived the band a year or two ago.

As for Born of Osiris and As Blood Runs Black, I just really really really don't like breakdowns. The closest thing I listen to that's like those bands is Beneath the Massacre:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC-4ZRkVnOM[/youtube]

Also, if you don't know Skinless, check them out, I think you'd like them:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dFltAfJkkc[/youtube]

#695 BadgerOnLSD, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  16. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Born of Osiris sound a lot more to the 'core side of the spectrum than metal. Not really my thing. Plus I hate breakdowns.

The As Blood Runs Black sounds pretty good - remind me a lot of Dismember with the Stockholm-esque riffs. The breakdown was pretty juvenile though - "make some mutherfucking ruckus?". Too much white-boy angst there. Still a good song though.

17. Heavy Metal Thunder

hey Badge thanks for the heads up on Beneath the Massacre, just downloaded their CD Mechanics of Dysfunction, I like it... really teched out and super tight. Skinless reminded me a little of Decapitated with the really percussive drumming.

Wow you and Silent scream really are purists hating on the breakdowns and all. After my thrash days in the 90's I got really into hardcore as well, I think that's why I love metalcore so much since it combines the two. I'm a sucker for a brutal breakdown.

18. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I like metal and I like some hardcore punk but they just don't mix well for me.

19. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

A friend of mine was telling me that Gigantour 2009 is going to feature Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet for my valentine.... I googled and saw that on a couple links..nothing confirmed.

Please tell me this isn't true...

20. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

just got my Queensryche tix for May.