Matt Jones

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by lobacz87, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Dallas has an opening for a malcontent, cancerous WR.

2. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

Dude he is not addicted to drugs first off. and yes he will be able to find some blow in NYC no problem...anything that makes him faster I am down with.

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Say what you want about his character but you cannot argue with his talent. To say he isn't good means you haven't seen him play.

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

how many games have you seen him play? He's soft, and has a lazy attitude. Finally had a decent season after bumpin rails.

He could barely handle the JAX media......

5. jaybny

jaybny Banned

i love Jones

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We could bring him in and have Lawrence Taylor mentor him. He'd probably have like 300 receiving yards in his first game.

7. Jersey Joe 67

I've seen a lot of his games thanks to NFL Ticket. I've seen him in college also. The guys full of talent. It's just that all the other shit that comes with him is baggage we don't need around our young guys.

8. jaybny

jaybny Banned

yo Matt if you wanna go skiing.. send me a PM

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't think he's a Mangini guy.

10. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

I absolutely take Matt Jones on the cheap. He's not the first wideout to develop a coke problem. In fact I remember a young wideout who Rex's dad cut on the Eagles so he could get his life straightened out. He did pretty well catching on with the Vikings...

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

id absolutely take him no doubt, big receiver guys gifted as hell, if he stays outta trouble then were golden, of course the price has to be right

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That's just Glauber's opinion, he does not quote anyone. What the hell does he know? He just writes out his ass. If anyone knows ANYTHING about the Jets orginzation, they would not contribute to this shit!!! I here the Jets are thinking of asking Don Maynard to come out of retirement. Start a thread

13. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

I say give him a chance, take the risk and see if it pans out.

14. Kamen

Kamen New Member

I can see the Jets signing him cheap, Tanny likes to go into the draft without any glaring holes, and if there is 1 glaring whole on the team it would have to be the WR position. I am sure they would at least consider him, since he is one of only legitimate starting WR left in FA.

15. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

how many probowls has he made? how has he impacted the jaguars offense at all? he hasn't had any seasons over 1000 yards. and in 4 years, he's had 15 td's. in 2007, he had like 400 yards in 12 games that he played in.

c'mon, i've seen him play. but if your going to argue with me that he is a good wide receiver, at least come up with some statistics that are note worthy. In his BEST SEASON, he had 5 td's and that was when he was a rookie. When you post, come up with some factual information.

His closest season to 1000 yards was last year, where he had 750 and 2 td's.

When you talk about a guy who comes with a lot of baggage, you have to ask yourself, is this guy really worth it? If it's T.O, if it was Randy Moss, yeah go for it. But he's not, he's Matt Jones, a guy that in 4 seasons has done merely nothing to help the Jaguars passing game, he's not an impact player. I've seen him play, obviously you haven't. As talented as people might claim he is, he has not brought it to the field.

#55 Jet21, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  16. Jersey Joe 67

Who the hell is talking about this guy like he is a superstar? Certainly not me. I never said he was a #1 guy with 1000+ yard seasons under his belt.
    I don't need to quote stats to know if someone has talent. I can see it with my own eyes. i'll leave the stats to you since your obviously so into them. I never said i wanted him. I just said it's sad that someone with such talent lets his vices interfear with his opportunity for success.
    Last season he had 761 yards for the Jags. Do you only measure talent in terms of how many TD's a guy had? I guess TJ had no talent in 07 since he scored like 2 TD's. The basis for your arguement holds no merit. The guy has obviously not lived up to his potential but you can't say he is not a talented WR.
    He obviously comes with baggage and i wouldn't want any of his shit smeared on our wall.

#56 Jersey Joe 67, Mar 19, 2009
  17. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

I do base talent on an impact a guy has on his football team. He hasn't lived up to his potential in 4 years. TJ had a slow year in 07, but was very productive with the bears, and came back to his production this year when he led the AFC east in rushing. So yeah, I judge talent on the numbers and the impact a guy has on his football team. How do you judge talent? A guy who's 6'6 and can run fast and played quarterback in college...that means he has talent? The argument on this thread, is that he's worth the money and people like him becuase he's talented, but how is he? He has done merely nothing for the Jags. The basis of my argument does hold merit, because it conflicts your with actual numbers, not just a broad opinion of a guy "he's talented". He may be athletic, but he's not a great, or even good receiver by any means. He's mediocre at BEST as far as talent. I am just hoping to hear how his talent is evaluated in terms of your scale.

Your post, claimed that he was good, and that if anybody disputes that, its because they haven't seen him. Well, I have seen him, and I'm probably seeing the same numbers as you do. I'm seeing 15 td's over 4 seasons, and at most a 750 season. So how do you see him as "good" and "talented".

#57 Jet21, Mar 19, 2009
  18. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Matt Jones rules Madden, how bad could he be?

On a serious note, I'd give him a shot if there we some indication he can get his act together. But I think the Jets are trying to get away from guys that will be distractions: see Coles, T.O., and possibly Jones.

19. songster67

songster67 New Member

Yeah well when your new head coach talks about whacking guys on the other team, kind of get the feeling men of good character no longer applies. A-M-E-N

20. Dunlaing

Dunlaing New Member

As long as they only use cocaine for the *back* line of the end zone (to incentivize him to get there), I'm in favor of signing him.