Cutler for pick #17

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by zeike, Mar 16, 2009.

1. zeike

zeike New Member

Here's a real simple question. Assuming all it would take for the Jets to land Cutler is their #1 pick do you make that trade?

Personally I think it would take more but my answer under the above scenario is yes. I am curious what your answer is and why.

2. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

yes, we need a qb, he is a proven nfl qb, and we need a strong arm to throw in the meadowlands

3. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I think an overwhelming majority will say yes in a heartbeat.

I say no because I believe in who we already have and Cutler is an overrated little bitch. Pardon the language.

4. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

If we could get him for #17 I'd jizz in my pants.

6. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Without a doubt you would make that deal. Problem is that would never be enough. I would give up 2 #1's for him but who knows what they would demand. Getting him would be the ultimate offseason move.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

no shit! Cutler for the #17 pick straightup would be the rape of the year.

8. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Two questions for you...1.Why do you believe in what we have? 2. Why is Cutler overrated?

9. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

It's going to take alot more than the Jet's #17th pick...........probably next year's #1 too.

10. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Couldn?t you have made a ? behind your question? For a moment, I thought this was news, not another pointless "would you?" thread.

Why didn?t you look at on of the other Cutler Threads, where everybody is saying, what we could/should/would give up for him?

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Pretty much a no brainer. Yes, but that is not all it would take to get him here. I say give our #1 + Clemens and start from there.

12. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

He looks like he has a friggen attitude and always looks pissed. Pick him up, he
    would be perfect for us.

13. Bvon

Bvon New Member

DO NOT TRADE THAT PICK.

We need a WR and there will be a very good one sitting right there at 17, Hakeem Nicks. I think he is going to be a huge impact player and he is NFL ready. I would trade anything else draft wise this year, but, I think this pick is rather important. I know that Cutler is a huge improvement over Clemens or Ratliff right now, but, we need to get another WR to replace Coles. I know you guys like Stuckey and Clowney, but, I think teams are going to double team Cotchery and shut down our passing game. I love our running game and think it will be a huge part of our offense, but, we need an effective passing game to make the run work. Hakeem Nicks will be sitting there at #17 and I think we really need a big, physical receiver to go along with Cotchery. If we trade this pick, someone else will get him and 2 years down the road, we will be very sorry.

Right now, I would trade our 2nd rounder, our 3rd rounder and our 2nd rounder next year for Cutler. I really don't think he will even be traded anyways, if so, it won't be to us. I can see the 49ers offering the #10 pick and maybe something else. Then Denver snags Sanchez with that pick and tries to make him work out for them as they are looking for "Our own QB". It makes sense for them to make the deal with SF and not us.

However, I would like to have Cutler AND Nicks. I think tho, we keep that 1st rounder. Even trade NEXT years 1st rounder if you want.

Jay Cutler for.....2009 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder.....and....2010 1st rounder. Sounds good to me.

14. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

You have to wonder why he is not getting along with the Broncos coaching staff. Also, I did not like how he just threw Brandon Marshall under the bus in the media. Do that behind closed doors.

I say save the draft picks and I say draft picks because it will take more than one to get a team that is rebuilding to trade their pro bowl qb. The front office has spent a ton of money on veterans and you can not buy a championship, like the Redskins tried to do a few years back.

15. StreetFighterJet

StreetFighterJet New Member

Obviously you take that trade, but realistically speaking you would need more.. and we'd need enough to compete with the Lions #1 overall pick.. which I don't think is possible unfortunately :(

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I disagree with this....a lot of teams cringe at the "guaranteed money" that comes along with the #1 overall pick.....if anything, that works in the Jets' favor.

17. StreetFighterJet

Whats there to wonder? They toyed with the idea of trading him and he got pissed off about that. True, he is handling it in a very unprofessional matter, but I'll be you that he's going to be one pissed off QB with a monstrous chip on his shoulder if he ends up traded.

There is no denying that this guy is a franchise QB with insane talent and potential. His a bit too emotional for my liking and a bit too cocky, but I'm willing to overlook those things to finally have stability at the QB position.

Cutler is the only QB that I think we should make a move for no matter what... no one out there that is remotely available interest me more than Ratliff at this point.

18. StreetFighterJet

That is a good point... Only Denver would know for sure how they want to approach that.

I say if Cutler is available.. and it seems that he is... that we need to make some type of offer... but not offering our first this year would be insulting I'd say.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

our 1st rounder is a more manageable pick when it comes to doling out contracts....so my assumption would be our 1st rounder would HAVE to be included in the package. I don't even think Denver would talk to us otherwise.

20. StreetFighterJet

The reason why I think Detroit is more attractive to Denver is because they have their pick of any QB in this draft to replace Cutler. I'd say that is far more attractive than our pick... I mean they are going to need to replace Cutler with a "franchise QB", so paying their "franchise QB" 1st overall pick $$ is expected.