Draft a RB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Mar 15, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Our needs are plentiful but I think we need a RB much more then a WR. Leon does not backup TJ, he compliments him. We are going to be a running football team so we need a RB who can spell TJ and fill in if he gets hurt. Also, need to look to the future, RB don't last forever. We have WR's, we just need to give them a chance. I say don't even draft WR's, what are they gonna due anyway, come in and take over the # 2 spot. We have enough young guys, hell don't we still have Marcus Henry who is almost like a rookie. Its time to give Clowney and Stuckey and Henry the chance to become full time starters, a rookie is not gonna be these guys out anyway. We also need tackles and guards because our depth on the offensive line is thin. I don't know anything about College so I have no idea who to take or what the strenght of the draft is and I do understand you go by your board, but WR should not be on our list of needs.

2. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

this will not end well

3. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

Going into the season hoping young players will step it up is risky to say the least.

4. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

UMMMM does this person know we let LC go and there is someone who can help this team at the WR spot in college who will fall to us at the 17th spot. RB are you kidding me.

5. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Who's going to help us at WR at 17?

6. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I say if an appealing RB drops to the 3rd round take him... otherwise let's count on what we have and draft TJ replacement next year... after all RB are effective straight away in this league

7. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Who's going to help at HB? Who's going to help at QB? Who's going to help at DE? Who's going to help at LB? Who's going to help at CB? It's all a crapshoot. You have to trust your coaches as talent evaluators and hope they get the best value for the pick.

8. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

I like the idea of trading up in the 2nd round to take Donald Brown. A Nicks-Brown draft wouldn't add depth but it reminds me of what we did with our defense when we traded up twice and got Revis and Harris in one draft giving us two young studs on one side of the ball.

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I think he'll fall to our second round pick...

10. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

This guy,
    Darrius Heyward-Bey
    One of the nation's most explosive receivers during his three-year career ... has good size and blazing speed ... earned freshman All-America honors in 2006 and honorable mention All-America accolades in 2007 ... a two-time All-ACC performer ... two-time member (2007-08) of the Biletnikoff Award watch list ... ranks second in school history in career receiving yards (2,089), third in receptions (138), tied for third in TD catches (13) and tied for sixth in 100-yard receiving games (4) ... also 17th in Maryland history in career all-purpose yards (2,403) despite never returning a punt or kickoff ... caught at least one pass in 34 of his last 37 career contests ... posted 228 receiving yards in his three bowl-game appearances ... one of the fastest players in the ACC ... his 40 time of 4.23 in 2006 set the school record among WRs ... surrendered his final year of eligibility to enter the 2009 NFL Draft ... invited to the 2009 NFL Combine.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We need to get a wideout and a defensive lineman before we take a running back - if LeSean McCoy falls to our second round pick, an exception could be made.

#11 Mr Electric, Mar 15, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I agree we need to draft a HB....but not with our 1st rounder. Hakeem Nicks or perhaps a safety like Sean Smith would do that pick more justice, IMO.

The Jets could still get value at the HB position in the 3rd or 4th round.

13. J-Kay

J-Kay New Member

If Chris Wells is there at 17, I say consider it. Maybe attempt to move up late in the first afterward and get Nicks/DHB/Britt

14. TheDooner64

TheDooner64 Member

Forget that, our team is built to win now, who cares about TJ's replacement. We need a big DE to finish off this top 5 defense.

15. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

I knew once I saw DHB, his 40 time would be mentioned. So, we need a young WR to go with our OTHER young WRs. I see. We should draft a QB too, after all, we need ANOTHER young QB to go with our current young QBs.

Tanny, draft a Punter with the 1st pick, just to piss everybody off.

And what happened to the Draft Forum?

#15 SyracuseJet, Mar 15, 2009
  16. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

17. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

ill draft a running back...but not in the 1st round. Your theory to why a WR isn't the pick is not very good, because no wide receiver on our roster right now is a number one type of receiver.

"I don't know anything about College so I have no idea who to take or what the strenght of the draft is and I do understand you go by your board, but WR should not be on our list of needs."

a running back at 17 is probably not on our "board".

18. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

you must be kidding right? everyone in the board knows about DHB...why? because there are 1000 threads about him, good and bad. Watch the film, do the research, but don't give us info everybody knows and has argued about.

19. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Franchise RBs are hard to come by...........a quality #1 WR could be there in round 2. And who do many of you consider a #1 WR for years LC disguised himself as 1 and many were pacified.

#19 JETSFAN1290, Mar 15, 2009
  20. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

If I had my pick of A 1st round DHB & 2nd round Mccoy or B 1st round Moreno & 2nd round Britt. I would take B every day of the week & 2 times on Sunday. Jones is going to be 31 we are going to be a running team & we need to think about the future.