Jets to work out J. Freeman

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

this is the guy I don't want.

his biggest red flag is decision making - if you can't progress through reads a K-State exceptionally well, stay away from my football team, especially at the most important position.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

'09 Flacco look alike.

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I really don't think we'll be going QB in the draft... this year you give an excellent chance to the guys you have on the team (we have defense, running game and O-line) and next year if they succeed good otherwise there will be a good QB when we pick (assuming if the QB don't work we will pick around 10-20). Drafting a QB now is like telling Clemens and Ratliff "Oh yeah, i know i was supposed to give you a chance but F off" and that would be stupid because they MIGHT turn out to be ok...

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You don't pass on a franchise QB because Clemens and/or Ratliff might turn out OK. If the FO feels Freeman can become a franchise QB they take him without thinking twice. I have my reservations on whether or not he is that type of QB, I am a much bigger fan of Sanchez but what the hell do I know other then we desperately need a QB.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

its a business, you spare feelings in this business. If there is a better opportunity you take it, no questions asked.

7. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying they do it for feelings.. i'm saying they may want to protect an investment they made (by drafting Clemens in Rd 2).

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

well, that investments contract is coming up, and it didn't live up to its expectations.

9. Titans

Titans Member

Alot of you guys make me laugh you have never seen Freeman play but are quick to repeat what an analyst says about a player. He played on a horrible team the OL sucked and no offensive weapons. If he played for USC or Georgia your thinking would be totally different. Let's take Stafford or Sanchez and put them on K-State I guarantee they wouldn't be 1st round material. It's a different world when you have to run for your life every play and when you do have time there is no one talented to get the ball to. Did anyone actually watch Stafford at GA he was extremely inconsistent at best but is considered the best prospect based on potential he had the talent around him and still make terrible decisions he is no better than Freeman they both have cannons for arms and need lots of improvement. Sanchez has a small body of work playing in a allstar lineup he will struggle in years 1 & 2 he will be no more than Jeff Garcia in his 49'ERS days good intermediate passer and the ability to scramble out of trouble but nothing special. I'm not saying Freeman will even pan out but some of you act as if you have a crystal ball then retract what you say when proven wrong over and over again. These so called pro experts have been wrong more than they've been right and get a pass just use your own judgement and stop acting like Polly the parakeet.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

well, not one person on this board has given stafford an endorsement. I think no one here is enthralled with him.

Sanchez has a better work ethic and leadership qualities, and at worst he is jeff garcia. That isn't a bad career. That's a pro bowl career. Good shit.

Freeman's decision making has been his knock time and time again. If thats all scouts are going to tell the public then why support the decision to take him in the draft.

Culter had shit around him yet his decision making and cannon arm make him a top 12 pick. Sometime it is the QB, and not what's around him.

11. Jet21

Jet21 New Member

How can you predict that Sanchez "at worst" is jeff garcia? He has played one season as a starter on a team that had the nations best defense and pete carroll as a coach? Much better than Ron Prince , the KSU coach that couldn't develop him and work on freeman's potential because the KSU program turned into a disaster. I think your jumping on the Sanchez Bandwagon...by comparing him to Garcia's probowl career before the guy steps foot in the NFL.

12. Rocinante

Rocinante New Member

I am going to be laughing when we do draft Freeman or Mark Sanchez. "Oh, we are A-OK with Clemens, pre-season wonder Ratliff, and Ainge." If we had confidence in Clemens, he would've been the starter by now, we never would've never pulled the Brett trigger, and we wouldn't be talking about the other Brett. No one is capable of figuring out at this juncture if any of the three Top QB's are franchise guys, but I know one thing--there is a not a franchise QB on the Jets roster right now and we would be naive to think so.

I LOVE that thinking. Our defense can carry us, right!

13. J-Kay

J-Kay New Member

Nobody is saying we're great with our QB situation, but this just may be the worst draft class for QBs... well.. ever? Its really bad.

Nate Davis in like round 3 is the only QB I'm willing to take out of this draft.

14. week17magic

week17magic New Member

this overrated piece of crap

15. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I don't want to debate the specifics of any of the QBs, but I will say: 17 is a hot spot for QBs. We've got that string of QB-needy teams right after us and I bet there are a lot of people who will want to get into that spot. Therefore we better show at least SOME interest in those prospects so other teams know they're gonna have to pony up to get to 17. At least, that's what I'm hoping, because I don't want ANOTHER young QB on this team.

16. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

except for a three game period this year against back smaller schools he had sucked.

Over three years he would have only 30 TDs and 32 Ints. Horrible.

You guys talk about Anderson not being accurate and not wanted to spend a 2nd or 3rd on him, yet you would spend a 1st and Freeman who was lucky to break 55% in college against bad defenses.

Every year there is a guy like Freeman in the draft, they have one in Oakland and Minnesota. They were given the stars and aren't even starters.

If the kid could at least run, but he can't do that either.

Why given a #17 for that unproven no talent kid just because he in BIG, when a 1st and 3rd could get Cutler or a 3rd could get Anderson, both of which are NFL Probowl QBs?

17. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Brilliance at its best. No way to argue against you. Post-it girl strikes again! People see the success Flacco had, and instantly overrate Freeman because of the similar size and arm strength. Flacco was a winner at Delaware, he had all the qualities of a proven leader, and was a completely different overall prospect than freeman, yes their measureables were similar but that is where the comparison should end.

18. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I've seen him play twice and I don't think he's even a better prospect than Clemens

19. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Exactly. This is something so few fans look at. Even if we're not interested but making it seem like we might be teams might want to trade up.

I'm not a big Freeman fan. He's a developmental prospect on a team built to win soon. He's got a world of talent but I don't think he's worth 17. If he's around early in the 2nd round I wouldn't be oppossed to trading up and getting him but not with our first pick.

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Freeman will never be a winner in the NFL.