The Case to NOT draft Sanchez @ 17

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kennyo07, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

I know you said "mixed" but I still have to point out that ESPN is on his jock. Compare what ESPN writes about Sanchez to that of any other source.

2. pg828

pg828 New Member

No doubt about it

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

That was three sources and only one of them ESPN. I think the press on him is generally positive at this point although not all so. It's clear that neither Stafford or Sanchez are absolute top tier prospects in the Peyton Manning mold, however they compare pretty well to the top prospects in most drafts.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Mayock said Sanchez had a good combine as well.

Was it those incomplete passes that some of us may have seen at the combine that have swayed opinions?

5. Clayture

Clayture Member

Certainly not sold that Sanchez has a guided missle for an arm. Clemens and Ratliff both have strong arms and would be closer to laser guided missile material than Sanchez. I'm afraid that Sanchez will be the "Can't throw in the Meadowlands late in the season" with his mediocre arm.

The quarterbacks we have don't worry me ... just my opinion

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

that was a bad phrase to use... i meant more of why try to get the big WR if the QB isn't that talented.

7. Clayture

Clayture Member

My basic thing is that we're not gonna get a current NFL QB that can come in here that is proven to be above average.

So do we draft a QB to compete with the other 3 guys? I say no, I say let them battle it out, and find pieces of the puzzle that can help them out.

It was preaseason, but I really really liked what I saw in Ratliff. He has the size, the arm, appeared to put his passes right on the money, looked to have good pocket presence with escapability.

This past season, it seems I never saw any open receivers. If you have a line that can block and some receivers who can get open, an average QB can look really good. So I feel confident that Ratliff or Clemens can fill that role and even feel Ainge is worth seeing more of.

#87 Clayture, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2009