for the last time - the jets have no interest in holt

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NDmick, Mar 10, 2009.

1. pg828

pg828 New Member

No TO, No TH, No TDs

2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Hey,I heard we might sign Holt when he is released.

3. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Make it happen Woddy!

4. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Holt and Cotchery would be a nice tandem and Holt would be a good mentor for our younger WRs; not to mention, he still has some gas left in the tank.

Has he been released yet so we can contact him?

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Are we retarded?

We need a WR!

So why not stick with a bunch of unprovens? Fantastic fucking idea.

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Kinda kills our draft flexibility imo, there's no way our FO can be comfortable with what we have at WR right now.

7. pg828

pg828 New Member

If you can get the guy without giving up players or draft choices it does kind of make sense...if it doesnt work out, then no harm other than the salary cap hit

8. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Sigh of relief. :)

9. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

You do not need a super star receiver. The Jets have a decent O-line (everybody will be returning) and the AFC's leading rusher. A big play threat with Washington. Not to mention the defense will be vastly improved. Cotchery, Clowney, Stuckey, Wright and lets not forget Henry will do just fine. They might pick up a good receiver in the draft.......Who knows what will happen but either way the Jets will be just fine.

10. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Hello numbers game! my post in the really long holt thread was mostly ignored, so i will put it in less words here, this is what it looks like if we sign Holt.

Cotchery
    Holt
    Stuckey
    Clowney
    Henry
    Smith
    Wright
    High Draft pick

ok that is eight viable WR if you bring in Holt and draft his eventual replacement in the upper rounds. say we keep 6

guys that have to be here next year

Cotchery
    Wright
    Holt

common sense says if we invest a high pick that guy makes the squad

4 guys 2 spots

Clowney
    Stuckey
    Smith
    Henry

The jets new facilities would be burned to the ground if they cut Clowney

so 3 guys, 1 spot

Stuckey
    Smith
    Henry

Stuckey is my favorite of the bunch, I think he is the slot guy of the future, he really has the perfect skill set to be our Brandon Stokely type, just flat out mr. reliability. but neither he nor Clowney have any real ST value. Smith has huge ST value, he is one of our gunners, he leads Leon on KR, so you know Westhoff is going to fight for his guy, plus oh yeah, he seems to be our gadget guy.

as the #6 wr, ST wins out. Stuckey gets cut, he goes elsewhere (Miami?) and fufills his potential and we end up kicking ourselves for years.

So either you cut Clowney or Stuckey and not many people like that idea. I say either you get Holt or a draft pick. I choose draft pick.

11. NYJalltheway

Neither of us said you need a "superstar" receiver. I'm one of the most firm believers in WR being the teams least of worries. However it IS our biggest weakness so that's what I want to address.

I agree tho I think we will be fine at WR however I feel our SB chances dramatically improve with a star WR on the team. Then we wouldn't be so run first predictable.

12. thejetsaddict

thejetsaddict New Member

Why is everyone believing what this guy says, who are his sources? Even if they were good sources since when would you believe what this team says up front, especially with the possible signing of a player. They always use smoke and mirrors when signing players.

13. NYJalltheway

Rule imo if we keep 5 WR's on the team we would be fine with the following:

1-Holt
    2-Cotchery
    3-Clowney-
    4-Stuckey
    5-Wright

14. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Stuckey and Clowney are staying before Wright/Henry/Smith. This is common sense.

15. savinoRB2

savinoRB2 New Member

wright is more vaulable than stuckey or clowney, since were gonna lose brad smith probably, we need one of our gunner's on special teams.....

dont undervalue special teams, it's just as important as offense or defense

16. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

I Guess it is but wtf is the excitement ? We could of used a skilled vet like holt especially with coles gone, We could of benefited from Holt and then drafting a young receiver but i guess the jets f.o. knows what there doing.

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This is dissapointing. I'd really like to add Holt, even if we draft a wideout I'd feel alot more comfortable with a solid vet like Holt in there while the young guys battle for the 3rd spot.

18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

It will be over when Holt either signs with another team or is just not released at all. A blog by Rich Cimini does not exactly clear everything up. As of right now I'm sure the Jets don't have interest as the Rams are trying to trade him, once he is released all bets are off & the Jets make perfect sense as a destination for him.

19. JohnnyJohnson

JohnnyJohnson Banned

Not that Holt would have made much of a difference, but say hello to 16 points a game. Snore. And if this D doesn't perform like the Ravens D, say hello to a lot of 16 point losing games. Snore snore.

What is with this extreme rejection of anything O related, with this guy? Fine you're a big D guy and so was daddy, but you know what? Ya need to score some F'ing points. KC to uhhh who? Oh that's right, Ratliff, the bench scorcher is going to lead the Jets to the promised land. Thomas Jones running into 8 stacked. Smooth.

This could be a miserable season coming up.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'd like to know more about the Jets' concern over Holt's knees and this "durability" issue that has cropped up.

Maybe the FO knows more than we do. Until I know more, I'm not going to go crazy now over not acquiring Holt.