Gholston & Bart Scott ~ ~ ~

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kelly, Mar 10, 2009.

1. kelly

kelly Banned

2. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

I just don't understand why Golhston has issues?? Does he want to play football or not..

3. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

VG has all the right tools to be a top linebacker in this league.. he just needs a lil guidance.. and an opportunity.. truthfully.. i think VG is going to be a stud this year.. im more excited about Bart Scotts influence on guys like VG and Harris and him actually playing..

4. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Scott's influence on Gholston can bring nothing but positives, IMO. The fact that Scott wants to "push" him is what Gholston needed all along. Mangini certainly never did.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Randy Lange is getting good at writing puff pieces.

6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Let's hope Scott lights a fire under VG. Some will say that Gholston has to have his own fire but sometimes it takes guys a little while to adjust to a new league. Maybe Scott can help kickstart Vernon's career.

7. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Yup .... If the combined forces of Ryan and Scott can drive VG ... Then he will be the bust that everyone is saying he is .... I think he'll come up big this year though ....

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

this is a non story...

9. Chances

Chances New Member

I think VG will do alright this year. The defensive scheme that Mangini/Sutton implemented for the last few seasons was far too complicated an forced certain players to overthink their roles.

This year things will be far more simple...attack, attack, attack. VG will have no problem learning the new philosophy. Esspecially with BS behind him, directing traffic on the field.

Also VG will not experience the same sort of double teams with Ryan's standard pass rushes involving more than 3 players per down. This will free up the second layer guys and let them use their size, speed and strength--things that VG has--to rush the passer.

He'll be fine--if not, he'll be cut before training camp finishes. No room for passengers on this team.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I wonder if VG even cares that if he doesn't work hard out there on the field that he will forever be known as a Gholston effect and one of the biggest busts ever

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

VG will knock the snot out of brady this year.

12. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

Who, Marcia Brady?

13. e-x

e-x New Member

It's up to vernon to play football, mentoring, pushing, whatever can only do so much

i've never heard anything come out of vernon's mouth that would make me think he's going to be a good football player and there's only so much you can say to a guy like that to motivate him