2009 Mets Spring Training Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by davecrazy, Feb 11, 2009.

1. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

everybody can stop worrying

2. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

http://njmg.typepad.com/metsblog/

This guy needs to get healthy.

3. GreenMachine

Hey, I was looking for Francisco Rodriguez today vs the Braves...did not see him..I will give the Venezuelan team one thing though, they can play. And there fans are awesome. Plus, I never realized how hot the women there are.

4. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Tomorrow at 10 AM, tickets go on sale for the exhibition against the Red Sox on April 3rd and April 4th. Cheapest tickets are $6 each.

5. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Tatis to take A-Roids place in the WBC.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

If you like fantasizing about baseball at Yahoo! Sports join the league advertised in my sig. Some Yankees fans, some Mets fans, a Red Sox fan, a Cardinals fan, and a Brewers fan are in.

Tonight's message from the commish-
    The league has very simple settings.

Also, I will create a league at CBS Sportsline and will advertise it here first.

7. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

putz looks like he'll fit right in with the mets pen

8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I happened to pass by ESPN, and got pissed. Putz throwing 95 MPH fastballs, curveballs, tens of thousands of people standing and cheering, pumping everyone up - on March 7. This piece of crap WBC is the worst idea in baseball history.

9. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

He blow a lead?

10. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Duaner Sanchez released.

11. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

We'll live, I think. That car accident...Talk about your "what ifs."

12. Learn To Swim

Learn To Swim 2008 Nightowltom "Best Non-Jets Poster" Award Winn

Damn shame what happened to Duaner, but I'm glad Minaya's not being sentimental about it.

13. statjeff22

Poor Duaner - it's clear that Omar really wanted him to succeed, but that decision to get in a taxi that night in Miami has basically destroyed his career. Did he ever sue the driver of the other car? (It was a drunk driver, I believe.)

14. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I agree! We have lost 16 players so no spring training for us! Did you see yesterdays lineup? I did not recognize half of it.

15. pg828

pg828 New Member

I feel bad for Sanchez...what a terrible break

16. statjeff22

DR lost again to the Netherlands (!) and is out of the WBC. Good news - at least now if Reyes or Tatis gets hurt it will be while playing for the team actually paying his salary. Now we need Mexico (Perez), Venezuela (K-Rod), the US (Wright, Putz) and Puerto Rico (Beltran, Delgado, Feliciano, Figueroa) to be eliminated.

17. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I watched the game! Mann the honkballers really showed up Mr Alou! I guess it was the DR that did not belong on the same field as the honkballers! At least we start to get our players back!

18. 3rdAnd15Draw

I don't understand the negativity towards the WBC. The players are doing exactly what they would be doing if there was no WBC, playing baseball. As long as they're getting their work in what does it matter if they're in camp or not? It's not like it's football where the players have to get used to working together as a unit to be successful. I also have a hard time buying that the injury risk is any more significant just because there are cheering fans in the stands.

19. statjeff22

The problem is that the players are not just getting their work in, they are acting like this is the most important game they've ever played (that's basically what Putz said) when what they should be doing is getting in shape. I think you couldn't be more wrong if you think that the fact that he was pumped sky high on adrenaline and was throwing 95 MPH fast balls and killer curve balls on what should have been the second week of spring training games doesn't increase the risk of injury.

My cousin the Phils fan told me that one of their backup catchers was involved in a Rose/Fosse type collision at home plate in one of these games. Does that happen in a spring training game in Clearwater or Port St. Lucie? Of course not.

This crap should occur in November, or not at all. Of course, if it was in November it wouldn't happen at all, since the players would refuse to play.

20. 3rdAnd15Draw

I haven't watched every game but looking over the team stats the pitching from established pitchers on ML teams has been almost uniformly bad. Not to mention that from a starter we're talking maybe 4 innings and 1 or 2 from a reliever.

I didn't see the collision either but some players are going to do silly stuff like that regardless of the situation and there are others that wouldn't do it even if it was game 7 of the World Series. Look at Church last year, he runs into a guy in a spring training game, then later ruins his season on a moronic take out slide when the game was already over.